Good Cosplay Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's Advent Children Tifa.

Also interesting side-note, the girl in the Zero Suit costume is actually playing Samus in the web series There Will Be Brawl, which just ended a couple weeks ago. It's on escapist.com and totally worth the watch.

C

coolsteel

Great thread took a few days to go through it all. Would anyone happen to know what series/characters these are?

Dave

Staff member
Welcome! And I don't know any of them. Of course, I'm not the expert here. I thought I was geeky enough to understand cosplay but I learned quickly that I don't know anything. :(

C

coolsteel

Yeah no kidding I know the feeling, go to a few conventions and it quickly became apparent yeah i've been watching for years and still don't know squat

Studio Ghibli Group

Now, let's see how many characters people can name. I can identify:
Baron Humbert von Gikkengen, transformed Haru, Mei, Sophie Hatter, Howl, Markl, Kiki, Nausicaa, No-Face and San.

Dave

Staff member
Whenever I've seen cosplayers they look NOTHING like these girls. Seriously. They almost all look like they were poured into their suits and squished like Play-Doh so white pasty skin is leaking out the openings. Had girls looked like this when I was starting to see cosplay I'd be MUCH more into it.

[/old person rant.]

Whenever I've seen cosplayers they look NOTHING like these girls. Seriously. They almost all look like they were poured into their suits and squished like Play-Doh so white pasty skin is leaking out the openings. Had girls looked like this when I was starting to see cosplay I'd be MUCH more into it.

[/old person rant.]
And that's more or less what I said to my cosplayer classmate the other day, drunk beyond any reason, telling her she was a "mythical creature: The attractive cosplayer. A rare being that sleeps in a coffin and just emerges to appear in comic conventions, to disappear after that until the next one. You never see many of them and, of course, it's impossible you know them in person.

I'm a weird drunk.

C

Chibibar

There are still good cosplayers that goes to cons. (I work at registration for A-Kon) I get to meet a lot of people since I hand them badges :)

Of course some cosplayer retire after a while being chase by rabid fanbois (that is intentional spelling)

Status
Not open for further replies.