[PC Game] Goat. Simulator.

Dave

Staff member
Now, I know this is an April Fool's joke. I mean, I THINK this is an April Fool's joke. Steam says the game drops on the 1st.

Key features:
  • You can be a goat
  • Get points for wrecking stuff - brag to your friends that you're the alpha goat
  • Steam Workshop support - make your own goats, levels, missions, game modes, and more!
  • MILLIONS OF BUGS! We're only eliminating the crash-bugs, everything else is hilarious and we're keeping it
  • In-game physics that spazz out all the time
  • Seriously look at that goat's neck
  • You can be a goat
The Trailer? Genius.

Gameplay? Awesome!

I would play this.

GasBandit

Staff member
I posted footage of this in the awesome videos thread a while back. These guys are now also working on Bear Simulator, I think.

And that trailer footage is clearly lampooning the Dead Island trailer. Nice. Very yes.

figmentPez

Staff member
It's like someone took a look at the Insurance Fraud missions from the Saints Row games and decided "This needs more goat."

Got king, then ritual. Then using the special R button I wound up tumbling uncontrollably at the top of the sky. Got all the air time goals. Untoggling got me back down to the ground.

I wonder if I should take the $10 risk and buy anyway. The test result is that I don't have enough RAM (not a joke).

Dave

Staff member
I just bought this yesterday and played it for about 30 minutes. I think I watched way too many videos of it because it wasn't that fun. It was fun to blow stuff up, but other than that there's no real point.

I was disappointed.

I just bought this yesterday and played it for about 30 minutes. I think I watched way too many videos of it because it wasn't that fun. It was fun to blow stuff up, but other than that there's no real point.

I was disappointed.
Yeah, it seems like it's better made as a game for YouTubers to play so people can watch. Still, keep an eye out for the modding community. I'm sure they can come up with some crazy stuff.

Dave

Staff member
Yeah, it seems like it's better made as a game for YouTubers to play so people can watch. Still, keep an eye out for the modding community. I'm sure they can come up with some crazy stuff.
Honestly I figured that would happen, which is why I bought it. I figured they would add stuff to it, plus I saw that Coffee Satin would be adding stuff soon as well.

I was disappointed.
This was TotalBiscuit's reaction as well.

GasBandit

Staff member
I've never really liked Totalbiscuit. He always seems to miss the point on everything, and always focuses on the wrong thing.

"Yes yes the moon landing was oll very well and that but you didn't exactly cure canca, now did ya? Ya didn't even shoot any aliens ah toll." Oigh.

figmentPez

Staff member
Goat Simulator is releasing a DLC. And it's glorious.

Steam's release blurb has the Key features:

• Visit space today or get old waiting for that other space game that you already paid for
  • Crowdfund a space colony and get other people to pay for it and do all the work!
  • Endless space full of planets to visit. but seriously it would take forever to go there so why bother
  • There is one planet nearby though. Go to that one
  • Fly and shoot stuff in space, because nobody makes games about flying and shooting in space anymore
  • Learn how to be a real bridge commander like that spock dude from mars or whatever
  • The biggest map in goat simulator history, filled to the brim with exclusive content. I know PR. Hire me Valve!
  • No crew member will be left unromanced

I sure hope at some point there's a mission to investigate a black hole that's unexpectedly goats-y. Otherwise they will've missed a huge opportunity.

--Patrick