Give me your Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has been done before, but that one is locked and old and not about ME.

Short story, new iPod touch, want to know what apps you guys use. Because you guys are cool and I adore you.

Hit me.

Go to freeappalert.com every day and you'll soon be swimming in apps, and won't have spent a cent.

Games
Ragdoll blaster (and #2) - physics + humans + cannon + puzzles
Warpdefense - halfway decent tower defense. Perhaps too easy, but I got it for free, so meh.
Boxed In (and #2) - warehouse puzzle game - push the boxes to the right spots
Doodle guess/search/ships/etc - pretty decent two player games
Babylon Twins - fun sidescrolling puzzle game
Sudoku Guru - If you like sudoku, this is a pretty nice app for it.

Media
Pandora - Music! Free!
SpaceGeek - What's NASA up to lately? Live braodcasts - nice for lauches
NASA - NASA's app, sorted by missions. Some multimedia stuff.
NPR - Nice to be able to listen to Diane Rehm and other NPR programs on demand. Car talk and wait, wait, don't tell me are two funny shows you might get a kick out of.

Utilities
Packagetrackr - Track packages, ups, fedex, dhl, usps, etc
Air Mouse - control your computer from afar (great for watching hulu, etc)
Square - accept credit card payments for your garage sale, or whatever
EasyExit - if you drive a lot with kids, then being able to predict whether the next exit has food, gas, lodging, etc is very nice.
Facebook - if you don't know, then don't even start
iRelax - Get to sleep with a good selection of noises (I do Rain, Winds, and Thunder, sometimes with ocean...)
Quakes - see where recent earthquakes occurred
Skype - Phone home... (I guess you need a mic for this...? I don't know if the touch has a built in mic...)

Keep in mind that I'm a cheapskate, so the vast majority of stuff I have is either perpetually free, or was obtained from freeappalert.

I've also left out a lot of apps I use that make good use of the gps. While they would be usable on your ipod touch (depending on the availability of wifi stations nearby you) you probably would not get much use out of them.

GasBandit

Staff member
Angry birds just hit Android for free (ad supported)... I think the iVersion is 0.99, but I'm not sure. It's pretty fun, if you like the ballistic "crush the castle" type games.

Angry birds just hit Android for free (ad supported)... I think the iVersion is 0.99, but I'm not sure. It's pretty fun, if you like the ballistic "crush the castle" type games.
Just hit the official market in the last hour or so. Crashed GetJar after Android Central pointed folks there this morning.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk. Pissing off the plebs in 10 posts or less.

mSecure -- I like being able to conveniently carry around important info in a password-protected package. Also has a desktop version (Mac & Windows) to sync with.
Urbanspoon -- handy when you have no idea where to go for dinner. I found an awesome Cuban restaurant with this app.

The Comixology/Marvel/DC Comics apps are remarkably good on the small iPhone/iPod screen.
Captain's Log -- simply because I'm a dork, and I can flick the phone and it makes the classic communicator noise. :D
Dicenomicon -- for the sheer nerdiness

Cat Physics -- Throw a ball at a cat!
Aqueduct -- Embrace your inner plumber.
Trainyard -- Traffic management...with trains!
X-Plane -- awesome flight sim ... even though I keep crashing my planes.
Rock Band -- makes my thumbs hurt
Guitar Hero -- not as good as Rock Band, imho. I have problems with it crashing on my 3G phone, but it may run better (hopefully!) on a new iPod Touch.

Trainyard express is the free version of a neat little puzzle game. It's got 60 of it's own levels that aren't in the money version.

I also like the weather channel app for more accurate and detailed weather reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.