Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II
Battlefleet Gothic: Armada
Warhammer 40K: Sanctus Reach
Warhammer 40K: Deathwatch EE

€11.50 or more (probably $12.50? I dunno):
Warhammer 40K: Space Marine Collection
Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War III
Blood Bowl 2: Legendary Edition

Look, just be nice to Poe and go buy it for blood Bowl. He'll love you long time.

It's a pretty diverse set of games, with some decent RTS, some decent FPS, some decent blood bowl, and some games I'd never heard of or were best forgotten. But it's a LOT of different ways to provide skulls for the Skull Throne and blood for the Blood God, and what more do you need? A dating app by Slaanesh?

Does anyone have a copy of "Raft" over that he isnt planning on playing? Want to play it with my friends, but cash is kinda tight this month.

Dave

Staff member
Are you LordRendar on Steam?

edit: Send me a Friend request on Steam. Not sure whether I'm still Edrondol or CrankyOldDave. I think Edrondol.

Last edited:
As an old, old man. (Well, I mean, I'm not Dave old, but mid-40s), I remember fondly shooting Nazis in Wolfenstein back in the day. I've been waiting for a sale on The New Colossus, and it's now $12 on Steam. The question: has anyone played it, and is it worth dropping the extra nine bucks on the DLC missions?

As an old, old man. (Well, I mean, I'm not Dave old, but mid-40s), I remember fondly shooting Nazis in Wolfenstein back in the day. I've been waiting for a sale on The New Colossus, and it's now $12 on Steam. The question: has anyone played it, and is it worth dropping the extra nine bucks on the DLC missions?
First: Have you played Wolfenstein: The New Order? If not, get that and play it first. The New Colossus is a direct story follow-up to New Order. The Old Blood is a prequel to the first game, set in WW2, and it's pretty good too but the story isn't as important.
Second: Yes, all of them are good. There's a REAL story here and it's both interesting, uplifting, and kind of depressing at the same time. I personally think New Order + New Colossus are two of the most important games made in the last ten years.

The shooting isn't bad ether: you can approach this game however you want most of the time. You want to sneak around? Go for it. Do fights tactically like Call of Duty, using cover? You can do that too. There are even times you can go guns akimbo and just play this like it's classic Doom/Wolfenstein and just MURDER EVERYTHING. Even better, you get bonuses by meeting challenges related to which playstyle you are using.

I can't comment on the DLC though.

figmentPez

Staff member
The Borderlands series is on sale at multiple stores, I'm not sure who has the best deals.

In addition, Steam is having a free weekend for Borderlands 3. I'm going to see how far I can get by Sunday.

Dave

Staff member
I think it's hilarious that the F1 giveaway is "while supplies last". For an digital download.

Oh well that's horseshit.
I found out that, to combat people using VPN and buying games cheap in another country, Steam implemented that if your Bank/Creditcard is registered to a country you can buy games only in that country and if you want to gift a steam key, the price difference between your region and the giftees region cant be bigger then 10%.

Dave

Staff member
I found out that, to combat people using VPN and buying games cheap in another country, Steam implemented that if your Bank/Creditcard is registered to a country you can buy games only in that country and if you want to gift a steam key, the price difference between your region and the giftees region cant be bigger then 10%.
But that doesn't make any sense here because it would have been MORE. Stupid rule, man.

First: Have you played Wolfenstein: The New Order? If not, get that and play it first. The New Colossus is a direct story follow-up to New Order. The Old Blood is a prequel to the first game, set in WW2, and it's pretty good too but the story isn't as important.
Second: Yes, all of them are good. There's a REAL story here and it's both interesting, uplifting, and kind of depressing at the same time. I personally think New Order + New Colossus are two of the most important games made in the last ten years.

The shooting isn't bad ether: you can approach this game however you want most of the time. You want to sneak around? Go for it. Do fights tactically like Call of Duty, using cover? You can do that too. There are even times you can go guns akimbo and just play this like it's classic Doom/Wolfenstein and just MURDER EVERYTHING. Even better, you get bonuses by meeting challenges related to which playstyle you are using.

New Order and Old Guard are what I was referring to (They were cheaper, so I thought they were DLC). I went ahead and grabbed the whole set, so at least now I know what order to play them in.

New Order and Old Guard are what I was referring to (They were cheaper, so I thought they were DLC). I went ahead and grabbed the whole set, so at least now I know what order to play them in.
Yeah, the story is Old Blood -> New Order -> New Colossus -> Youngblood, though the Old Blood's story connections aren't THAT important and you can just play it whatever. I've heard Youngblood isn't quite as good as the rest because Bethesda attached microtransations that make basic parts of the game's progression... wonky to try and force people into buying micros.

This week Ubisoft is giving away copies of The Division via UPlay.
For what it's worth...

Pros:
- The frozen New York setting is great.
- The Factions are very cool and memorable. There's a reason they brought them back in The Division 2's dlc.
- Repairing your HQ really feels fulfilling in a way that few games that do it can pull off? Even getting running water and heat makes the place that much more livable.
- Story isn't bad, but it kinda... ends abruptly?

Cons:
- This game is hard as balls, even with a good load-out.
- The Dark Zone (which has PVP but is where all the best stuff is) is brutal.
- As cool as the factions are, it's very clear that the game designers have a dim view of democracy. One faction is city workers trying to burn out the virus using the only tools they have, because there is no cure for Green Flu. Another faction is former Rikers inmates that were basically left to die and that's AFTER the guards started stealing supplies meant for them.
- There is a distinct... pro-authoritarianism feel to this game? It's not as bad as in the second title (this one has a pirate DJ questioning the Division's motives and one of you main contacts, a city engineer, basically hates the Division and it's ability to work without any kind of democratic oversight) but it's pretty bad.

For free, it's worth picking up, even on UPlay. Find friends to play with, it's much better with a small squad. Gameplay wise though, the Division 2 is loads better.

fade

Staff member

The story is nice, and the visuals are nice. Even on Hard mode, though, The New Order is really easy. I haven't tried Colossus to say either way yet, but it's just something to keep in mind. Even the bosses went down pretty easy on Hard Mode. The only place I got stuck had no boss at all. It was a large helicopter bay where enemies spawn on you from all sides as soon as you enter, and they have back doors into all the hidey-holes. I did have to redo that one a lot until I got it right.

It's more like it has one or two really hard sequences: the Court room sequence is one of those, another is right near the very end where you're dealing with multiple super soldiers AND normies AND dogs at once and there is just no stealth approach.

figmentPez

Staff member
Fanatical is having another Bundle Fest, more bundles will be added throughout the sale (and I expect the best bundles to come later).

Few bundles, thus far, have more than one or two noteworthy games in them, i.e. the Killer Bundle 13 for $3.99, which is mostly Torchlight 1 & 2 (though One Finger Death Punch 2 might be okay). The other three games in the bundle are filler.

I don't know how to evaluate all the eBook bundles they're now offering. They're all non-fiction about learning programming or networking.

figmentPez

Staff member
Humble Better Futures Bundle

$1 or more
- Torchlight
- Throne of Lies
- Agent A: a Puzzle in Disguise

Beat the Average
- Torchlight 2
- Road Redemption
- This War of Mine: Final Cut

$12 or more
- Knights of Pen & Paper 1 & 2 collection
- Mythic Ocean

I'm a big fan of both the Torchlight games, and Knights of Pen & Paper. (I'm kinda wondering if the Torchlight games being in so many bundles recently means that Torchlight 3 is going to be leaving Early Access soon, or if they just want more attention for it while it's still in development.)