Games on SALE!

A threshold alert, like a stock market buy/sell order.

—Patrick
That'd actually be a really cool bit of functionality for companies as well, if it was a buy commitment (i.e. if payment bounces or you refund, you're [temporarily?] barred from this functionality).

Like, the game dev logs into their developer dashboard, and steam tells them there's $40,000 in revenue waiting if they do a 1-second 50% sale.

I don't like installing other game launchers, as you all know, but I also know some of you don't give a shit. If you're one of those people who doesn't care if you have 5 different marketplace/game launchers, then here,

Subnautica is free on the Epic Store from 12/14 thru 12/27. If you haven't played Subnautica, you really need to - it's close to the best game of 2017.
I honestly think Penny Arcade hit the nail on the head with a recent comic: Epic Games has 17 million Fortnite players by the balls. If they switch the game launcher to a store front, it would REALLY fuck with Steam. Now might be a time to get onboard, if you think that could be an actual outcome.

Dave

Staff member
And considering the bad press Steam has been getting with their customer service and plethora of shit games, maybe a bit of competition is a good thing.

figmentPez

Staff member
For the uninitiated, what is that store? Is it a deals warehouse, or another competing store? Doesn't seem like competition, as it mentions steam keys.

Basically, I'm interested in that game at that price, but do NOT want to install something else.
Formerly known as Bundle Stars, Fanatical is a legitimate key seller. I've ordered from them several times before myself. In this case you'll get a Steam key (it's possible that's true in all cases, I don't know if they sell Origin / Uplay keys*). The only disadvantage to from buying from Fanatical, compared to buying from Steam, is that you won't be able to refund the game if you don't like it.

*EDIT: Ah, it's not true in all cases. They sell Rockstar games keys that only redeem from that store/launcher.

Full Throttle is free on GoG for 24 hours.

They're also doing the GoG Connect thing again for some games (where you can get a copy of certain games in your Steam library added to your GoG account).

And Humble Bundle is giving away The Lego Hobbit game.

Which apparently pissed off a lot of people because it was left unfinished without The Battle of the Five armies and such.

figmentPez

Staff member
And Humble Bundle is giving away The Lego Hobbit game.

Which apparently pissed off a lot of people because it was left unfinished without The Battle of the Five armies and such.
It being "unfinished" was a disappointment, but it's still a damn good game. It would be cool if this free giveaway were a prelude to them finishing the DLC and completing the story.

GasBandit

Staff member
The Epic Store is giving away Subnautica from December 14 to 27. Subnautica's an excellent game, incredibly atmospheric and immersive (ha!), but not without its share of technical problems, such as glitches and potential performance issues. It's up to you to decide whether this price is worth it.
Ahem. :p

I don't like installing other game launchers, as you all know, but I also know some of you don't give a shit. If you're one of those people who doesn't care if you have 5 different marketplace/game launchers, then here,

Subnautica is free on the Epic Store from 12/14 thru 12/27. If you haven't played Subnautica, you really need to - it's close to the best game of 2017.
Anyway, it was my experience that the technical problems/glitches/performance issues went away when the game was finally released out of early access and became "finished." I didn't have a single problem with the 1.0 version of the game, and I had a LOT of problems with the EA version, so apparently they really got their shit together.

Anyway, it was my experience that the technical problems/glitches/performance issues went away when the game was finally released out of early access and became "finished." I didn't have a single problem with the 1.0 version of the game, and I had a LOT of problems with the EA version, so apparently they really got their shit together.
All I ever get is a coming soon page. No way to claim it.

Reading was never my strong suit.

I hope you like it. I really really liked it. And that's saying something, as a guy who generally doesn't like large bodies of water.
I hate games that jump scare, and I still managed to finish this game, and got made fun of by every member of my family at the same time, because I played it on the Steam Link on the living room TV so they could watch.

GasBandit

Staff member
I don't fuck with the ocean
I hear you. When my best friend was getting married and I learned the wedding was ON A CRUISE I had to really clench and channel all my considerable egotistical pride to not hide in my cabin the whole trip because DO YOU PEOPLE NOT REALIZE WE ARE SUSPENDED ABOVE 2 MILES OF SUFFOCATING INKY DARK COLD DEATH FULL OF UNSPEAKABLE MONSTERS BY VIRTUE OF ONLY A SILLY QUIRK OF PHYSICS

I hear you. When my best friend was getting married and I learned the wedding was ON A CRUISE I had to really clench and channel all my considerable egotistical pride to not hide in my cabin the whole trip because DO YOU PEOPLE NOT REALIZE WE ARE SUSPENDED ABOVE 2 MILES OF SUFFOCATING INKY DARK COLD DEATH FULL OF UNSPEAKABLE MONSTERS BY VIRTUE OF ONLY A SILLY QUIRK OF PHYSICS
It was your density.

--Patrick