Games on SALE!

Already have it.
It's MUCH better than it was at release.
Can still be repetitive but if you want to just shoot things in the face for a while, it's great for that.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Warhammer bundle on humble bundle

Got some good titles in there, if you don't have them already. $1 gets you Dawn of War GOTY edition, plus talisman and a bunch of expansions. Beat the average gets you Vermintide, Space Marine, and Blood Bowl 2. $12 or more gets you Battlefleet Gothic Armada, Dawn of War 3, and the Stromdorf Vermintide DLC. If I didn't already have half that stuff, I'd be on this like white on rice. Pity it doesn't have Vermintide 2, though.

Warhammer bundle on humble bundle

Got some good titles in there, if you don't have them already. $1 gets you Dawn of War GOTY edition, plus talisman and a bunch of expansions. Beat the average gets you Vermintide, Space Marine, and Blood Bowl 2. $12 or more gets you Battlefleet Gothic Armada, Dawn of War 3, and the Stromdorf Vermintide DLC. If I didn't already have half that stuff, I'd be on this like white on rice. Pity it doesn't have Vermintide 2, though.
Or Space Hulk: Death Wing, which is pretty fun for ahwile too.

Dawn of War 3 is trash though.

GoG is having a sale on Falcom games.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails series is easily my favorite JRPG series ever. It's not open world, and the main story is pretty linear, but I love the world building and the characters. If you like the JRPG genre in the slightest bit and haven't played these, go buy the first Trails in the Sky and try it for yourself.

How does it compare to say, Steel? I really liked Steel 1 and 2. Hoping they translate 3 soon.
So 1st of all, Sky comes before Trails of Cold Steel. I think, story wise, 1 and 2 are better than Trails of Cold Steel, the characters are way more interesting to me as well. The 3rd chapter has an interesting story, but it's mostly climbing through a dungeon collecting cut scenes to fill in gaps. Graphics wise, the game is more sprite-y, and it's 2d isometric instead of 3d, but it's still a great game. Playing Trails in the Sky will also give you a lot of background into things going on in Cold Steel.

GasBandit

Staff member
To clarify, is "Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion" the base game plus the Rebellion expansion? Or just the expansion?
Rebellion was standalone. You didn't need the base game to get Rebellion (and conversely, owning SOSE:Trinity didn't get you a discount on rebellion, I found much to my chagrin :mad: )

GasBandit

Staff member
I have 462 hours logged on SOSE:Trinity and 46 on rebellion. I have even more from back when I pirated SOSE. It was one of Pauline's favorite games to play with me. I have a hard time not feeling like I got my money's worth.

Also, there's a star trek total conversion mod for it that Terrik likes a whole bunch.

I thought about picking it up, but then I discovered I already have the super cheez-whiz deluxe-o version with GoG.

Also Blizzard has some Black Friday sales going on right now, with deals ranging from ~$10 off something here or there up to 67% off the Overwatch "legendary" edition if you wanna do that.

--Patrick

PS4 owners*: PSN annual sub cards are down from $60 to $40 on Amazon and at Walmart.

*I mean, it's also good for PS3 and Vita, but I own those, too, and it rarely comes in handy for them, YMMV

figmentPez

Staff member
Humble Bundle is giving away copies of the remake of Outcast. I don't know if it redeems on Steam, or if it's just a DRM free copy. Sorry for no link, I'm on my netbook, and it barely lets me type forum posts.

Man...I'm a little sick of getting notifications from Steam that a game on my wishlist is on sale and it being like 10% off.