Games on SALE!

The format isn't my cup of tea, generally speaking.
I may have come off as overly snarky, sorry. But that's a fair assessment - I really enjoy visual novels, nekkid content or not. I feel the format offers a lot, and isn't explored enough.

But I can respect it, that you don't care for it.

For any racing fans, if you pay more than the average you get Project CARS in the latest Humble Bundle. $15 to get all the current DLC.

Damn, that's a good Humble Bundle.

So, I already have Ace Combat: Assault Horizon. If anyone wants the shittiest Ace Combat game, let me know (real world Ace Combat sucks).

I got Battlefield 4 with my GTX 1060. Still needed Origin. So it went to waste.
Don't care if I'll be getting some Disagrees here but I'll say it, EA is a scumbag company but Origin is a better platform overall than Steam.

Sure the selection of games are limited but I don't have any issues with the software, deals are solid and I'm fine by it. Support is top notch.

GasBandit

Staff member
Don't care if I'll be getting some Disagrees here but I'll say it, EA is a scumbag company but Origin is a better platform overall than Steam.

Sure the selection of games are limited but I don't have any issues with the software, deals are solid and I'm fine by it. Support is top notch.
I hate the proliferation of publisher-specific "platforms." Steam at least is multipublisher. Even if Uplay wasn't broken shit, and even if Origin is smooth as a glass baby bottom, I don't care - it isn't technical problems that I object to here. It's the idea of how much control and access I'm willing to give a publisher to my computer. I was probably one of the most delayed adopters of steam - I was a hardcore, unrepentant pirate until about 2012 or so. I finally got lured into steam because shit was 5 bucks and under and had steamworks in the backend to make it easy to multiplayer.

Half of my resistance to blizzard games comes from me not even liking to have battlenet, too, even though there's nothing wrong with battlenet other than it's yet one more memory-resident publisher gateway put between me and game dot exe.

I hate the proliferation of publisher-specific "platforms." Steam at least is multipublisher. Even if Uplay wasn't broken shit, and even if Origin is smooth as a glass baby bottom, I don't care - it isn't technical problems that I object to here. It's the idea of how much control and access I'm willing to give a publisher to my computer. I was probably one of the most delayed adopters of steam - I was a hardcore, unrepentant pirate until about 2012 or so. I finally got lured into steam because shit was 5 bucks and under and had steamworks in the backend to make it easy to multiplayer.

Half of my resistance to blizzard games comes from me not even liking to have battlenet, too, even though there's nothing wrong with battlenet other than it's yet one more memory-resident publisher gateway put between me and game dot exe.
I heard this discussion in the past and to be honest I don't agree with it.

Origin: Has come a long way since it was first released. Used to be incredibly buggy, malware-like, quite ugly with very few games on it. Now it's actually pretty good, the recent update to the UI is very nice, decent sales, good cloud sync and other EA stuff like the refund policy and Origin subscription service are apparently quite good. Free monthly game. Support is excellent. Some people still encounter some bugs but I don't personally, my main complaint against Origin is that the community features are very weak.

Steam: Steam gets a lot of hate and sometimes it deserves it but for the most part it works amazingly. The amount of functionality in Steam is insane and probably more than all the other clients combined. It has very good community tools, a fairly good store front, Steam workshop, SteamVR, Steam Market and good services for developers to post announcements or answer forums. The downsides of Steam at the moment is the overlay which is archaic, the sales of old are GONE compared to sales from 3rd party websites and there is just a general feel of age in the client. It looks fine but the client hasn't been overhauled for many years, I'd love for Valve to almost start from scratch and see what they could come up with because I think they can do better than Steam. Support is abysmal and shitty. Refund policy is new and mostly useless with the 2 hours limit. Lastly, the entire thing has been taken over by the Early Access shit.

Long story short, Origin has gone a long way and since EA is in the business of making money it makes sense. Steam gets a nice chunk of profit and EA doesn't like that.

This won't change your opinion, nor do I plan to.

I just typed this because I'm a corporate EA shill now.

ALL HAIR CORPORATE.

Last edited:
Compared to Win10 store, UPlay, Battle.net (didn't it change name recently? oh well) and some others, yeah, Origin isn't all that bad. And I do really think Steam needs more competition. It's why I'll buy from GOG if I can.

I dislike publisher-restricted clients as well, though -I don't want 10 different programs running in the background just to play games.

Origin was originally a steaming pile of dog excrement, but it's slowly improved. Windows live for games was a puddle of diarrhetic cow production, and it's only gotten worse.

So I don't do this a lot, but as someone that loves a lot of the old school Star Wars games, this bundle is simply absurd. It could have a quarter of the games and it'd still be a very good deal to me

https://www.humblebundle.com/star-wars-3-bundle
Yeah, I looked, but I think The Force Unleashed II is the only game of the whole bundle I don't already own at least once (and two or three times for some....Sigh, GOG and Steam and CDs)

Yeah, I looked, but I think The Force Unleashed II is the only game of the whole bundle I don't already own at least once (and two or three times for some....Sigh, GOG and Steam and CDs)
It's like 4 hours long so don't bother if you were thinking about it. I rented it one day and beat it that night. Super pissed.

There's TOR if you're really desperate
Played it when it released, Imp Agent, max level, #1 PVPer on my server, completed all content in my guild in 2 months. Got bored and never went back.

I'm hoping for a more single player experience.

I bought the first 2 star wars bundles, so already have many duplicates, though that shirt is nifty, it's not $35 nifty.

Played it when it released, Imp Agent, max level, #1 PVPer on my server, completed all content in my guild in 2 months. Got bored and never went back.

I'm hoping for a more single player experience.
They've released a lot more stuff since then, and from what I've heard most of it is geared to being played solo.