Games on SALE!

figmentPez

Staff member
Steam one-day: Titan Quest Gold $4.99

Surprise from Indie Royale: the Serious Sam Lightning Pack
(current minimum price $4.10, will vary)http://www.indieroyale.com/
- Serious Sam: First and Second Encounter (Steam)
- Serious Sam: The Random Encounter (Steam, Desura)
- Serious Sam: Double D (Steam, Desura)
- Serious Sam: Kamikaze Attack! (Desura)
- Serious Sam: The Greek Encounter (A top-down "demake" of Serious Sam, exclusive to the bundle, direct DRM-free download and Desura)

XBox Live Marketplace has L.A. Noire DLC for 50%-off
next week (Jan 31 - Feb 6) will be Bastion for 600 MS points ($7.50)

Newegg has God of War 3 (PS3) for $15.99 or God of War Collection (PS3) for $15.99.
Also Dead Island (PC) for $9.99
12 Month XBox Live Gold Card $35.99

Yeah, I got it in the Potato Sack, played it up once to try it, twice to try it again, then never touched it again. It's okay, but there are much funner games out there.

figmentPez

Staff member
Humble Bundle for Android
Anomaly: Warzone Earth
Osmos
Edge
- pay more than the average for:
World of Goo

This Humble Bundle includes Android versions of the games, but also includes Windows, Linux and Mac versions, as well as Steam codes.

Steam one-day: Flotilla $2.49

Amazon has a bunch of games on sale:
Amazon product Amazon productAmazon product Amazon product Amazon product

EDIT: Can't embed more than five per post. I'll get up the rest as I can.

Also, prices so that it will be clear when the sale is over:
Dead Space $5.00
Dead Space 2 $7.99
Crysis Maximum Edition $8.99
Crysis 2 $9.99
Medal of Honor $7.99

figmentPez

Staff member
I decided to grab Crysis 2, since it looked good from X's Let's Play of the game, and I wanted some first-hand experience with Amazon's downloadable games service. So far it's been unobtrusive with it's game-specific download manager (no general software to install) and the speed has been mighty impressive. 8GB of 9.GB in 1:15, which works out to about 14Mbits/s, and that's nothing to sneeze at. I should have the whole thing downloaded shortly, about an hour and a half total.

I'll let you know if I run into any installation problems.

figmentPez

Staff member
Steam one-day: Double Fine Pack $11.49
Which contains, and are also on sale individually:
Costume Quest $7.49
Psychonauts $4.99
Highly recommended.

Also, a reminder that Bastion is 50%-off on XBLA for Gold subscribers, putting it at 600 MSpoints ($7.50)

figmentPez

Staff member
The IndieGala has a new bundle. It's similar to the Humble Bundle (Pay what you want $1 minimum, money to charity) but it also features music in the bundles and not everything is multi-platform or DRM free. I think all the games redeem on Steam, though.

Pay the minimum $1 and get:
Critical Mass
Fortix 2
Bunch Of Heroes
Music:
Casey Lalonde - Skitter EP
Giraffage - Comfort
The Numbers - Beautiful EP

pay more than the average (I think, currently $5.35) and you also get: (I think the price varies based on previous donations, not sure)
Roboblitz
Greed Corp
Music:
Casey LaLonde - Thank You
Jack Butler - Fit The Paradigm
Robot Science - Square

pay more than the average for the last bundle, maybe? (Currently $9.35) to get:
Inmomentum
Your Doodles Are Bugged
Hacker Evolution: Untold
Hacker Evolution: Duality
Zombie Shooter 1
Zombie Shooter 2
Music:
Robot Science - Doodads

Steam also have a sale on Mortal Kombat 1,2 and UMK3 for $8.49, not sure how long the sale is for though, as I just stumbled upon it while derping around last night.

Steam also have a sale on Mortal Kombat 1,2 and UMK3 for $8.49, not sure how long the sale is for though, as I just stumbled upon it while derping around last night.
I remember sinking so many quarters into those arcade machines in my youth.

I also remember being horribly bad at those games, which is making me hesitant to buy them now...

figmentPez

Staff member
The Indie Royale Valentine's Bundle is up for pre-order, at a minimum $3.99.
The games offered this time include a fantastical first-person action-adventure game (Steam for PC), an IGF-nominated puzzle adventure title (Steam for PC and Mac, Desura for PC and Linux, DRM-free PC, Mac and Linux download), a 'scorching' single and multiplayer arcade-strategy game (Steam for PC and Mac), and a world premiere on PC for a pair of retro RPG-defense games (Desura for PC, DRM-free PC download).

Those who optionally pre-order now will get game access as soon as the bundle launches, lock in the lowest price, and receive as a bonus One Life Left's eclectic 'Music To Play Games By Too' compilation, available for the first time ever digitally (this bonus is also available to those who pay more than the minimum price during the bundle.)

The Valentine's Bundle will launch fully later this week at $3.99 USD and up - watch our Twitter feed or Facebook page for immediate notice at launch time.
I'm taking a wild guess that the puzzle adventure title is Dear Esther, and I'm going to pre-order this bundle.

figmentPez

Staff member
I'd hardly call Dear Esther a puzzle game. Honestly, it's unlike everything short of LSD on the PSX.
Ah, you're right. Plus it's Source-engine so it can't be on Desura or DRM-free. I meant to say that I thought it might be the "fantastical first-person action-adventure game", which is Steam-only, but I'm not really sure of that one, either. In any case, I'm excited about this bundle, for no logical reason.