Games on SALE!

I thought about getting LA Noire, but I read a lot of reviews that said it's a terrible port and the controls are god awful. Can anyone confirm/deny?

So, this year, for the first time since I installed Steam, I didn't buy a single game during the holiday sale. This freaks me out. I think I'm getting old, man.

figmentPez

Staff member
So, this year, for the first time since I installed Steam, I didn't buy a single game during the holiday sale. This freaks me out. I think I'm getting old, man.
Have you bought any games during one-day sales, Humble Bundles or other deals? There's been a staggering amount of PC gaming deals this year.
Added at: 13:29
Final Day of the Steam Holiday
Achievements: None
Go finish up any that you can still earn.

Direct2Drive one-day: Crazy Machines 2 $4.95

I don't know if I'd want to win the contest. I have so many games that I haven't had a chance to get to that I literally am finding myself overwhelmed to the point where I spend more times trying to decide what game to play than actually playing the damn games.

figmentPez

Staff member
It'd be funny if some schmuck like me (having only two pieces of coal) won the contest. :p
I'm betting there are a lot more people out there with <5 pieces of coal than there are people with >10.

My current total is 21, which I'm not crafting because I don't need more Valve coupons (even if there may be a slim chance of getting a specific TF2 hat.)
Added at: 22:40
I don't know if I'd want to win the contest. I have so many games that I haven't had a chance to get to that I literally am finding myself overwhelmed to the point where I spend more times trying to decide what game to play than actually playing the damn games.
I'd rather not win the Grand Prize because having all the games on Steam might make me a target for hackers. I certainly wouldn't mind winning my top 5 games, though, even with my current backlog.

I hate that feeling so much.

So I only play Skyrim now.

I played Arkham City today and finished up the Azrael and Deadshot sidequests. I still have to finish the Catwoman missions and have hundreds of trophies to find yet. I still wish they opened up the robin and nightwing skins for city exploration/trophy hunting.

If I win the grand prize, you can bet your ass I'm not going to be dumb enough to announce it. That'd be a massive "hack me" sign on my forehead.

figmentPez

Staff member
If I win the grand prize, you can bet your ass I'm not going to be dumb enough to announce it. That'd be a massive "hack me" sign on my forehead.
Hopefully no one on your friends list is dumb enough to announce it for you.

I gotta wonder what that notification looks like in a news feed, though. I thought some of the publisher packs were a massive wall'o'text...

LoL, I never thought of that.

Bowielee now owns /insert game name here/.

figmentPez

Staff member
The Indie Royale - New Year's Bundle is up for pre-order for a minimum price of $3.99
"The titles to be offered will include a premium blend of FPS and RTS (Steam for PC and Mac), an innovative single-player puzzle game (Steam for PC and Mac, Desura for PC, DRM-free PC and Mac download), an award-winning 2D platformer (Steam for PC and Mac, plus an enhanced version for Desura PC, DRM-free PC and Mac download) and a world premiere on PC/Mac for an acclaimed arcade shooter with a twist (Desura for PC, DRM-free PC and Mac download)."

Steam one-day: Airline Tycoon 2 $10.20
(and I've got a 50%-off coupon which drops it to $5.10, because coupons work that way! Should anyone be interested.)

Direct2Drive one-day: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood $19.95

Better than when the bundles end up costing more than the games purchased separately.
How does that even happen?

I mean the 0.01 i get, it's from rounding the prices after the % cut for the individual games... but costing more shouldn't happen unless the games have different % off and you're calculating the median % badly...

the first one's just weird... but the 2nd one is what i said in reverse... right, didn't think of that.
Speaking kind of on this topic. Over the holiday sale I picked up LA Noire for PC. I already own it for PS3 but it was literally cheaper for me to buy the complete edition off of steam than to get the DLC off the PSN.

Speaking kind of on this topic. Over the holiday sale I picked up LA Noire for PC. I already own it for PS3 but it was literally cheaper for me to buy the complete edition off of steam than to get the DLC off the PSN.
Welcome to PC gaming...

figmentPez

Staff member
Steam one-day: Ship Simulator Extremes $7.49
Weekend deal (as AmE mentioned) is select Sonic games $2.49 - $14.99

Greenman Gaming has a coupon code ( CUSTO-MERLO-YALTY ) for 25%-off any game pre-purchase during January. Right now that doesn't seem to be a lot of titles, though the buzz for Gotham City Impostors is pretty good. Also, The Darkness II and King Arthur II should both redeem on Steam.

Direct2Drive has a weekend coupon code ( ENDURANCE) for 20%-off any game.

figmentPez

Staff member
Steam 0ne-day: Medal of Honor $4.99

GOG.com weekend sale
ArmA Gold Edition $4.99
ArmA: Cold War Assault $2.99
Empire Earth: Gold Edition $2.99
Empire Earth 2 Gold Edition $4.99
Empire Earth 3 $4.99
Little Big Adventure (Relentless: Twinsen's Adventure) $2.99
Little Big Adventure 2 (Twinsen's Odyssey) $2.99

Newegg has Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows $36.99 (with coupon code EMCNJHN34)
My wired MadCatz controller has been kinda iffy for years (for a while one of the analog sticks didn't work at all) and now the shoulder buttons are all mushy, so I've got this one ordered for myself.