Games on SALE!

figmentPez

Staff member
Another Mid-week Madness from Steam: Frozenbyte Collection $4.50
Trine, Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds Survivor. Not a bad price for the games, but if you want these and didn't get them during the Frozenbyte Indie Bundle what is wrong with you?

Steam One-Day: ProtoGalaxy $3.40
My friend (met him through my church and he plays in my D&D group) wrote ProtoGalaxy. It's his company's first game. It's also crazy hard. So if anyone is looking for an Indie game that will kick your ass...

Thanks Pez for doing this thread! It's hard to try to catch all the good deals yourself!

figmentPez

Staff member
One-day on Steam: Nimbus $4.99

Also, I found a site called ShockedFish that offers price comparisons between the various digital distributors, which is kinda handy considering that Google product search only lists physical products (as far as I know). The front page seems gimmicky with it's top 100 discounts, and some of the product listings are broken, but the concept is something I've been wanting.

figmentPez

Staff member
Also, the indie historical documentary game The Cat and the Coup is available for free on Steam. I have yet to play it myself, but I've heard it's a very interesting concept.
Added at: 13:12
I know!! I am waiting for steam sale on that baby!
This seems a good time for a reminder that the Steam summer sale is likely coming up in a week or two (in the past it's been the week before July 4th.)

C

Chibibar

Also, the indie historical documentary game The Cat and the Coup is available for free on Steam. I have yet to play it myself, but I've heard it's a very interesting concept.
Added at: 13:12

This seems a good time for a reminder that the Steam summer sale is likely coming up in a week or two (in the past it's been the week before July 4th.)
Yea.. summer sales is gonna break me :) I have to be frugal this year (until Christmas time)

J

Jiarn

I know this isn't a sale, and probably not "news" to some of you, but my local REDBOXs started renting games at $2.00 a night now. REALLY great way to test out some games.

I know this isn't a sale, and probably not "news" to some of you, but my local REDBOXs started renting games at $2.00 a night now. REALLY great way to test out some games.
Not really. My local Family Video rents them for $7.00 for 5 nights. You'd still get a better deal at a big video store, plus they get new releases sooner.

J

Jiarn

*shrug* for games you can beat in a day or two like L.A. Noire or Brink, seems like a deal.

J

Jiarn

Nothing like that in my local area (Local rental store rents at $9 for 5 days/4 nights). Guess it's a deal here and possibly in other places. Sorry.

Meh... I think Family Video might only be regional. I know they are the only rental place in my area that hasn't boxed up and sold their inventory yet, so it must be because of their pricing.