Games on SALE!

Careful though - I tried to claim it, and it said free on the button, but the cart said $4.99.
I think you may have just been on the edge of the timing then...I got mine perfectly free, but I remember from previous giveaways that adding it to your shopping cart during the sale, then checking out later, can result in them billing it.

figmentPez

Staff member
Prime Gaming's set of games for August are available.

- Battlefield V (redeems on Origin)
- Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
- A Normal Lost Phone
- Another Lost Phone: Laura's Story
- Secret Files: Tunguska
- Lost Horizon 2
- Planet Alpha
- Metamorphosis

figmentPez

Staff member
Fanatical has a new build your own bundle. $1 for 1, $3 for 5, $5 for 10

I mention this only because Cat Quest is an option, and getting it for $1 is a steal. It's a cute action RPG that's fairly simple, but still manages to have satisfying combat. The plot isn't anything to write home about, but it's full of cat puns.

FO4 is like someone took the distilled essence of Bethesda and made a game out of it, for good or for ill.

FO76 is like someone left that distilled essence sitting out in the open for too long, and it went bad, and then tried to make a game out of it.

Dave

Staff member
FO4 is like someone took the distilled essence of Bethesda and made a game out of it, for good or for ill.

FO76 is like someone left that distilled essence sitting out in the open for too long, and it went bad, and then tried to make a game out of it.
FO76 is a lot better than it was.

GasBandit

Staff member
My cheap chinese knockoff webcam that I use for work for zoom and teams and stuff didn't survive the trip from the office to my home office.

But that let me discover that the Logitech C270, which is the webcam I use at home (for discord) is on sale right now for $24.99, so if there's anybody out there that still needs a webcam, this is the moment to pounce.

Amazon product

It's a 720p webcam with a built in mic (not the greatest mic, but generally a good enough mic, but if you have a headset with a mic that will be better), and it's pretty much just plug and play.

figmentPez

Staff member
SOON:

I'm excited for Sam & Max: Hit the Road, one of the few LucasArts adventure games I haven't played.

Nelson Tethers Puzzle Agent was great. Kinda similar to Professor Layton, but with a much stranger storyline/aesthetic.

GasBandit

Staff member
Sam and Max hit the road is one of the big greats of the Lucasarts point and click adventure halcyon days, right up there with the Monkey Island games, and Day of the Tentacle, and Full Throttle.

It's kinda like.... Gravity Falls, the Game, 20 years before Gravity Falls was a thing.

Funny story about Prime gaming. If you ever let your Prime sub stop for any reason all the games on your account are gone forever.

figmentPez

Staff member
Mine are all gone...
That is not the expected behavior.

"All of these games will be available to all Prime Gaming subscribers, and once you claim them, you'll be able to keep them forever. If you cancel your subscription, whether immediately after claiming these games or at some point in the future, you'll still be able to access them. " - GamesRadar

EDIT: My Twitch app is stuck loading the Games tab, but I can bring up all my games on the Amazon Games app. What method are you using? It could be they're finally enforcing the switch over to the Amazon Games app.

Last edited:
Just bought the complete Civ VI bundle on Steam for just under $30 (and for me only about $10 since I already had $20 in my Steam wallet from a gift card my sister-in-law got me last Christmas).

Ubisoft has Far Cry 3 (Standard Edition) free for the next few days.
I recall playing this, I recall liking it, and I recall dropping the game midway through my first playthrough.

However, I do not recall anything specific from this game, whether it's the gameplay or the story or whatnot. I have vague piecemeal recollections, such as tattoos being involved somehow, and climbing towers to reveal portions of the map. But that's it. It's weird.

GasBandit

Staff member
I recall playing this, I recall liking it, and I recall dropping the game midway through my first playthrough.

However, I do not recall anything specific from this game, whether it's the gameplay or the story or whatnot. I have vague piecemeal recollections, such as tattoos being involved somehow, and climbing towers to reveal portions of the map. But that's it. It's weird.
I, on the other hand, was less enthused.

It felt very... console. Even on PC.

And it was the first and last game I bought that required UPlay, and set up my "uplay = no buy" policy.

figmentPez

Staff member

The game falls apart at about the halfway point. It's not that it's bad, it's just more of the same, but with a boring villain and even worse plot. The game is stock Ubisoft open world collect-a-thon. It's not bad, but it's pretty much built of gaming tropes. The closest it comes to being memorable is the villain, Vaas Montenegro.

If you want to run around collecting stuff while shooting things, it's a good time. If open world collecting isn't your thing, then it sucks.