Game IPs You Want More Of (Sequel, Remake, etc)

GasBandit

Staff member
Jesus they're still making expansions for that. Last one came out last year, which increased the level cap to 105.

Man, suddenly I remember everything that was WRONG with Everquest :p

Hah, first game I ever downloaded that wouldn't fit on a floppy disk was Sandstorm (a VGA missile command clone that pit patriot missiles vs SCUDs and also had you pilot tomahawk cruise missles to their targets)... it was like BARELY over 720kb. Took HOURS on my 2400 bps modem! I had to start over twice because my parents kept picking up the phone![DOUBLEPOST=1426193615,1426193535][/DOUBLEPOST]
Shit, remember this song? Remember listening to it for like 5 minutes straight? Remember the excitement you felt building as the melody swelled?

... now I'm sad.

Ugh, gut-punch to the nostalgia gland, GB. That screen and song were always the best part of getting home from school.[DOUBLEPOST=1426195677][/DOUBLEPOST]
Jesus they're still making expansions for that. Last one came out last year, which increased the level cap to 105.

Man, suddenly I remember everything that was WRONG with Everquest :p
They're up to like twenty-something for EQ1, it's fucking bonkers.

GasBandit

Staff member
Ugh, gut-punch to the nostalgia gland, GB. That screen and song were always the best part of getting home from school.
That screen and that song meant I was minutes away from being able to talk to this neat girl I met on the game called "Chikii."

Her real name turned out to be Pauline.

I've had my new gaming rig for a week now, and I am still trying to get 6 games downloaded... then only to find that Fallout 3 does not run on windows 8.1. What the hell, I remember game companies putting out patches back in the day.
Fallout 3 can work with Windows 7 and 8, but it may require a few tweaks.
http://www.reddit.com/r/FalloutMods/wiki/fixguide#wiki_fallout_3.3A
https://steamcommunity.com/app/22370/discussions/0/828937546147175081/

Alternatively, if you have New Vegas and all its DLC, you can download a free mod called Tale of Two Wastelands. It combines Fallout 3 with New Vegas, but uses the New Vegas engine, which is more compatible with Windows 7 and 8. Tale of Two Wastelands starts in Fallout 3 but allows you to travel to the New Vegas game world (and back again, without restrictions), so basically if you want, ToTW lets you play Fallout 3 in New Vegas's more stable engine.

Weird. I have Fallout 3 installed on this machine and it's running Win 8.1 Pro. No problems running FO3 or New Vegas and I'm not using those mods. Just the unofficial patch and one that gives you a laser pistol at the start of Operation: Anchorage.

Weird. I have Fallout 3 installed on this machine and it's running Win 8.1 Pro. No problems running FO3 or New Vegas and I'm not using those mods. Just the unofficial patch and one that gives you a laser pistol at the start of Operation: Anchorage.
Yeah, I run Fallout 3 on Windows 7 without any problems, but I've seen lots of people report crashes on startup with Win7 and 8. So far no one's been able to determine a pattern. Additionally, no one's been able to come up with a single guaranteed fix for the crashes (you can see the links I've posted basically list a bunch of stuff to try), with some people still unable to run the game no matter what they tweak. So, basically, it's a bit of a crapshoot whether Fallout 3 will work.

I remember having Xcom on 5 disks. But the first real space hog I recall was TIE FIGHTER CD, it was 50megs on a 420Meg HDD. Almost 12%

I didn't realize it until today, but I want more Twisted Metal. I never played any of the PS2 ones, but I jdid play every ps1 one. I just downloaded the ps3 one last night and man, I forgot how fun the whole vehicular demolition genre was.
Supposedly sony is still trying to get a twisted metal movie made- I doubt that will ever happen but if Mad Max proves successful, who knows? But they've said the 2012 ps3 game was likely the last ever in the series and that makes me sad.

I didn't realize it until today, but I want more Twisted Metal. I never played any of the PS2 ones, but I jdid play every ps1 one. I just downloaded the ps3 one last night and man, I forgot how fun the whole vehicular demolition genre was.
Supposedly sony is still trying to get a twisted metal movie made- I doubt that will ever happen but if Mad Max proves successful, who knows? But they've said the 2012 ps3 game was likely the last ever in the series and that makes me sad.
I personally happen to think that Twisted Metal Black on the PS2 is probably the best of the series, or just after World Tour. If you can get a copy, I highly recommend it.

I personally happen to think that Twisted Metal Black on the PS2 is probably the best of the series, or just after World Tour. If you can get a copy, I highly recommend it.
I'm pretty sure they did a ps3 re-release. It wasn't upscaled to hd or anything, but I'm pretty sure I should be able to find it

I want more Alan Wake and I want the story finished. Fuck you Remedy for just moving on.
Remedy didn't "just" move on. They shopped the hell out of the series and no one was willing to finance another installment after the poor console sales... never mind that it made back it's development costs on PC in less than a day. They even did a whole video about it.

So no... don't fuck Remedy. They still want to make more of it. Fuck the investors that needed their money on day one and weren't willing to shell out for another title.

I want High Moon back on Transformers games. Yeah okay the Deadpool game wasn't great, but that's no reason to slap them down to a fucking CoD DLC studio. War For/Fall Of Cybertron are fantastic games, doubly so if you're a TF fan.

I want High Moon back on Transformers games. Yeah okay the Deadpool game wasn't great, but that's no reason to slap them down to a fucking CoD DLC studio. War For/Fall Of Cybertron are fantastic games, doubly so if you're a TF fan.
Yeah, they were great. Dark Spark, not so much.

Yeah, they were great. Dark Spark, not so much.
I LOVED the War/Fall games and I never even touched DS. I had so much fun playing a scout and a medic in multiplayer.

For people who never played it, imagine a TF medic who turns into a GODDAMN PLANE and can fly anywhere on the battlefield.[DOUBLEPOST=1428722662,1428722494][/DOUBLEPOST]
I know all that. I still feel like they didn't try hard enough.
Having recently gotten to know someone on the development side at a what will remain nameless AAA game company, I don't think it's ever a matter of "trying hard enough". The money folks sign the checks and own the copyright on the series. You ain't pushing anything through unless you can guarantee them a hit if it's an IP that did moderate to poorly.