Funny videos

No, I refuse. YouTube has constantly been recommending that video to me and I have managed to keep from watching it this far.

--Patrick

Oh just watch it already. It's a fun time (but Digimon is apparently not).
After watching the video, I would disagree. Though to be fair, the whole "try games out to shit on them" generally isn't the type of content I'm interested in, even if the game deserves to be shat on. I also found it annoying that she made a big deal about how hard it was to find a consensus good game, and then when she found one she's like "nah, not gonna play it cause it won't make for a good video."

GasBandit

Staff member
After watching the video, I would disagree. Though to be fair, the whole "try games out to shit on them" generally isn't the type of content I'm interested in, even if the game deserves to be shat on. I also found it annoying that she made a big deal about how hard it was to find a consensus good game, and then when she found one she's like "nah, not gonna play it cause it won't make for a good video."
I think the main problem was it wasn't really a mainstream Digimon game. It would have kind of like been playing pokémon snap or detective Pikachu for your first pokémon game.

Cybersleuth is the mainstream series for it's run. Digimon can't really afford multiple series going at the same time, the games don't sell to anyone except people still holding onto Digimon and it's not really gaining fans at this point. She should have played Cyberslueth though, of the modern games it's the best, it still suffers from "do these errand boy" missions that need to be done to unlock more story like Dawn. For older stuff, Digimon World is the best but she's right, there is a tomagachi aspect to it and it get frustrating knowing how to balance training and fighting to get a specific Digimon, if you want it. Even then you'll only have it for a few hours at most at it's highest level, if you manage to get it there, cause they have a lifecycle and length that gets affected by if you let it faint or don't bring it to the bathroom enough.

World 2 is Chocobo Dungeon/Pokemon Dungeon and really grindy but would have been worth taking a look at. I don't remember 3 and 4 much. Can't recall if I ever played the DS games she's referring to.
It's odd she gripes about the story but then didn't play Cybersleuth because it's story driven?

All that said, I did enjoy the video and subbed.

Edit: I completely forgot about Digimon World: Next Order. It's a remakeish thing/sequel of 1 and would have been what she was looking for while getting rid of some of the older game woes.

Last edited: