Funny (political, religious) pictures

Comment from my buddy: “Trump couldn’t have had Epstein killed, because if he had, he would’ve tweeted about it by now.”

—Patrick

“All personnel will be bussed.”
...Eww.

What was this about? Yesterday was the day after our day-long drive, so much of it is kinda blurry.

—Patrick

"White nationalism is evil but this is just as bad."
No, it's not. I mean, we didn't try to work with polio to negotiate some kind of concession where polio would agree to only cripple a limited number of people per year. Some things are just objectively bad, and the people who can't see this are either blind or willfully choosing to ignore it.

--Patrick

"White nationalism is evil but this is just as bad."
No, it's not. I mean, we didn't try to work with polio to negotiate some kind of concession where polio would agree to only cripple a limited number of people per year. Some things are just objectively bad, and the people who can't see this are either blind or willfully choosing to ignore it.

--Patrick
Look, slavery is bad, but fighting against those who want to keep it is just as bad. Honestly, those northerners were traitors and bad guys all along.

(Though I do agree it's dangerous grounds - Stalin did kill a whole lot more people than Hitler. Being willing to kill/deport people based on beliefs is bad, even if those beliefs are bad themselves)

onaslant.png

...of course they did.
Following years of accusations that it stifles right-wing speech, Facebook has published an audit failing to show any particular anti-conservative bias, and some conservatives are furious.
"Of course I'm persecuted! I'm persecuted all the time! I was persecuted twice before I even got out of bed this morning!"
I think you may be confusing "persecution" with... something else.

--Patrick

Such is the problem with conspiracy theories. If you present evidence that the conspiracy doesn't exist, believers just assume the evidence is a new part of the conspiracy.

Such is the problem with conspiracy theories. If you present evidence that the conspiracy doesn't exist, believers just assume the evidence is a new part of the conspiracy.
Fun article on this subject. Turns out the most important indicator for someone to beleive in a conspiracy is their own willingness to engage in a conspiracy. Or to put it another way, conservatives believe there is a conspiracy against them on Facebook because it's what they would do if they could.

Attachments

[Those who] believe there is a conspiracy against them on Facebook [do so] because it's what they would do if they could.
I just know I’ve seen that sort of behavior expressed somewhere before...oh right, it’s that thing about how the ones crusading for “morality” and “purity” frequently turn out to be the filthiest folks imaginable.

—Patrick

Are you people serious? If somebody on Fox News said "We did an internal review, and we're completely Fair and Balanced, not right-wing biased at all!" how many people here (or anywhere) would believe them? So when Facebook is accused of it, and does the same thing, but from the other side of criticism, you defend them? Sure they hired a former Republican Senator, but as the article makes pretty clear, the level of access was... dubious IMO. Good reporting from Ars on it though.

Take a step back people. I don't know (or particularly care) if FB is biased, but just logically you can't see the problem here? Anything initiated from within is unlikely to be real examination.

Take a step back people. I don't know (or particularly care) if FB is biased, but just logically you can't see the problem here? Anything initiated from within is unlikely to be real examination.
I think the REAL problem here is that it is impossible to prove that something doesn’t exist, and any study that purports to do so is fundamentally flawed the instant it is even conceived.

The Facebook audit merely states that they could not find any bias, and not that none exists. Conservatives are fully within their rights to perform their own audit (with blackjack and hookers if they so desire), and we will see if their results hold up to peer review.

—Patrick