Funny (political, religious) pictures

And of course on tumblr there will be a vicious argument about a) how wrong it was to have considered cross-dressing to be a sign of mental illness in the first place, b) people pointing out that Klinger was not trans / did not have gender identity issues, but was faking it for a discharge, and c) arguing that he actually DID have a gender identity disorder that was undiagnosed and acting out was his only way of being himself.

Fucking tumblr.

Edit: I forgot the people pointing out that while crossdressing would no longer qualify him for a section 8 discharge, being out of uniform while on post would be a violation of Army Regulation 670-1: Wear and Appearance of Army Uniforms and Appearance.

GasBandit

Staff member
Edit: I forgot the people pointing out that while crossdressing would no longer qualify him for a section 8 discharge, being out of uniform while on post would be a violation of Army Regulation 670-1: Wear and Appearance of Army Uniforms and Appearance.
I think it was in violation back then, too, but Cols Blake and Potter didn't want to give Klinger what he wanted. I remember there was one episode where there was temporarily a new commander who was a real ballbuster and he actually got Klinger back into wearing his uniform out of fear of him.

I think it was in violation back then, too, but Cols Blake and Potter didn't want to give Klinger what he wanted. I remember there was one episode where there was temporarily a new commander who was a real ballbuster and he actually got Klinger back into wearing his uniform out of fear of him.
Was the first episode with Potter as Commander. Klinger had an "allergic" reaction to having the uniform on, rash ended where the uniform ended.

About a season or so before he came on as a cast regular, Harry Morgan played another colonel on MASH, that was a total loon of a ballbuster, but treated Klinger as if he was a very close acquaintance, had a line something like, "Not now Majorie, I'm inspecting the troops."

Klinger should be happy he didn't get that discharge. He would have have been killed on the flight home.
Yeah, was going to say that if a modern Klinger got discharged for anything, it would most likely be just for being Lebanese.

That other Harry Morgan episode is always a puzzler, because after you've seen the later ones, you're so used to Colonel Sherman Potter that you're not ready for Major General Bartford Hamilton Steele when he shows up in the reruns.

--Patrick