Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

I've always seen it spelled tuchis, but obviously the point is the pronounciation in english would sound basically the same as the english pronunciation of "Toucas." And, of course, Dan was softening the language.
My first instinct would be to pronounce it like tow-kahs, then maybe two-kahs. I don't think I'd ever go for tuh-kiss.

GasBandit

Staff member
My first instinct would be to pronounce it like tow-kahs, then maybe two-kahs. I don't think I'd ever go for tuh-kiss.
There was a lot of Jewish humor in my childhood entertainment :D

Technically it's more like tuCHKCHCHKCKHKiss. You glottally hiss the ch like chutzpah, like gathering phlegm to spit.

1685697307938.png

Law, journalism, academia, economis, finances, book-writing....

1685697349334.png

Dammit Zach, when did you move from "comics" to "accurate social commentary"? (Yes, yes, he does both, I know, but this is far too true).

As someone that was regularly reading Ctrl-Alt-Del at the time and remember the whole controversy, it's actually pretty amazing to me that it's become such a meme.

As someone that was regularly reading Ctrl-Alt-Del at the time and remember the whole controversy, it's actually pretty amazing to me that it's become such a meme.
wasn't part of the original hoopla regarding the strip was that Scott called Buckley out on the pregnancy arc, saying he'd never see it through because he can't take attention away from his personal stand-in character or some shit like that?

2, AOL wasn't a thing in Belgium, and the MySpace account, because back then there was still a Belgian competitor, where I did have an account, so...

How do you listen to cassettes without a boombox ? Walkman i guess, but that would be weird if you only had a walkman...

Also, faxes are still in use over here... they've only been replaced by e-mail in the last 4-5 years, and i'm still not sure that they're no longer the more "legal" form of official communication (apparently in 2015 e-mail was frowned upon if you got in front of a judge or something).

Anyway, i got 3, although i did have an AOL CD at some point, i don't recall ever making an e-mail... no MySpace, and paper checks where not a thing for years before i was legally able to get a bank account of my own...