Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

I'm putting this here because my phone done me dirty.

I came across a pic of Chuck Tingle's timely new tale:
ETFXbIOU0AEDd-D.jpeg.jpg

As I mentioned here before, I recently made Mr. Z aware of Mr. Tingle's oeuvre. I went to share this new title with him via text. What I didn't know is the text cropped the photo, so all Mr. Z received, without any context whatsoever, was:

20200314_235000.jpg

...I had some s'plain' to do.

I'm putting this here because my phone done me dirty.

I came across a pic of Chuck Tingle's timely new tale:
View attachment 33080

As I mentioned here before, I recently made Mr. Z aware of Mr. Tingle's oeuvre. I went to share this new title with him via text. What I didn't know is the text cropped the photo, so all Mr. Z received, without any context whatsoever, was:

View attachment 33081

...I had some s'plain' to do.
Chuck Tingle is a treasure.

This book is a response to someone asking him on Twitter if he was going to make "Pounded in the butt by the coronavirus" and he said no, because the coronavirus is serious and should be taken seriously.

Keep that donate button warm, @Dave. Because one or more of us may wind up missing entire paychecks if quarantine rules get tighter. The privileged are already screaming CLOSE ALL THE RESTAURANTS with no accounting for all those without a safety net getting put out of work.

Keep that donate button warm, @Dave. Because one or more of us may wind up missing entire paychecks if quarantine rules get tighter. The privileged are already screaming CLOSE ALL THE RESTAURANTS with no accounting for all those without a safety net getting put out of work.
I have to disagree in practice, even if I agree with the principle. Social distancing is key. We should be looking out for workers in other ways, not by ignoring the risk factors for all out contagion.

If this spreads fast enough that 20 million people have it simultaneously in the US, roughly 2 million hospital beds will be needed at once for the extremely sick (our capacity without calling in the military is less than 1 million....if we use EVERY bed for only coronavirus victims). That restaurant worker will be in a much worse position as a result. Closing restaurants may very well suck.... For a lot of people. But it may be necessary. So we have to guarantee those workers a paycheck another way.

(edited the numbers to be a little less dire...yeah, still pretty dire, though.)

Last edited:
I'm not saying it's one of the perks of living in a country with social security worth a damn, but...that's one of the benefits of living in a country with something worth calling social security.
Everybody in the hospitality sector is guaranteed a paycheck from the government while the quarantine measures are in place.
And, to be clear, this is in a state of "crap, we haven't had a government in 300 days".

Thing is, you're going to be doing that anyway once it gets worse. The only dif being that more people will die.

The actual thing the gov should be doing is to freeze all debts for a while, like Italy eventually did.

And, also, then hopefully actually learn something from this.