Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

fade

Staff member
I have a problem. That problem is that even though I KNOW this is a silly and funny joke, I can't stop my brain from going "That's Revenge of the Sith Anakin and the quote is from Attack of the Clones and so should have Padawan Anakin."

Help me.
But how can he be on the box and not have the rank of master? It's unheard of.

Confession: I don't really know what mansplaining is either. As best I can tell, it's when a man explains stuff to a woman in a condescending manner, but that seems kinda vague. I guess I'd have to be a woman on the receiving end of it to really know what it is?

fade

Staff member
I'd say it's only mansplaining if it's something the woman should clearly already know and it's not the explainer's job to do so. Or if there's condescension. I mean, technical bosses are literally there to explain things. That person may explain things to employees they already know, regardless of gender.

I'd say it's only mansplaining if it's something the woman should clearly already know and it's not the explainer's job to do so. Or if there's condescension. I mean, technical bosses are literally there to explain things. That person may explain things to employees they already know, regardless of gender.
I would go further and say that it's simply just "Expecting a woman to know nothing about a subject and then explaining it." The crime isn't explaining the subject, it's expecting the woman to not have some knowledge of it because she's a woman. Basically, it's rejecting her potential membership in a group because of her gender.

Condescension can be part of it, but it's possible to innocently mansplain as well.

I think it's less about the explanation being delivered in a condescending manner, and more about whether an explanation was warranted in the first place, either because it is about something more or less considered obvious, or because the male in question is just doing so to flaunt his knowledge, to forcibly insert himself into the conversation, or both.

I would also submit that the label is sometimes applied just to be dismissive, as in "How dare you, a man, intrude into our discussion and taint it with your Y chromosome-laden words!"

--Patrick

You'd think they would've just gotten something like a BULLITT Mustang, at least those are low(er) key.
Also less likely to be destroyed by standard highways and roads.

--Patrick