Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

Sure, and that flavor is "bathroom floor mop water."
The only thing that made freebirds palatable was dousing it in hot sauce before each bite. It didn't last a year in a location within 5 minutes (walking) of a college of 30k. As a fast food Mexican place, you have to truly fail on a fundamental level for that to happen.

GasBandit

Staff member
The only thing that made freebirds palatable was dousing it in hot sauce before each bite. It didn't last a year in a location within 5 minutes (walking) of a college of 30k. As a fast food Mexican place, you have to truly fail on a fundamental level for that to happen.
Well, your first mistake was assuming that just because they served burritos it was a mexican place. It's not.

I'm not a Harry Potter fan but isnt "make shit up without putting a second of thought into it" the MO of the post-books franchise?

Didn't Dumbledore told Harry he ones found a room full of chamber pots in Hogwarts and couldn't find it anymore? I'm sure it was in the first book.
I want to say it might be when they find the Room of Requirement in one of the mid-to-later books, only because Li'l Z has started reading the series with me, and we just finished the first book without any mention of it.

I want to say it might be when they find the Room of Requirement in one of the mid-to-later books, only because Li'l Z has started reading the series with me, and we just finished the first book without any mention of it.
Yes, it's in the third book IIRC.

Fourth book. Dumbledore mentions in the fourth book, in passing, that he found a room full of chamber pots, but couldn't find it again. The description of the room matches the Room of Requirement as described in the fifth book, and that's where Dumbledore's Army eventually ends up meeting and training.

GasBandit

Staff member
The first image that popped into my head after reading this would be a head-tilted, slightly confused Dolly replying, "Well, bless your heart."
My first thought when I first heard "Jolene" was "Wait, Dolly Parton is worried some chick is gonna steal HER man?"

Very shortly afterwards: "Ah. Redhead. Understood."

Dave

Staff member
This is how I sold mine:

Let's get one thing straight before continuing. This is an old car with lots of miles on it. 185500 to be exact. When you drive this down the street, nobody is going to look at you and say, "Wow! He (or she) must be loaded!" But you know what? It runs. I've had it for about 10 years and it's always gotten me where I need to go.

Some things you need to know:

* It's a manual transmission. That's a stick shift if you don't know what I'm talking about. Great for a kid to learn to drive on.
* The windshield is cracked and there's a few dents on the roof. This car is a tree branch magnet. It's been hit no less than three times by falling branches. What's worse is that it was never the same tree twice. Some guys just have all the luck!
* There are noises that I can't identify. Look, I'm not a mechanic. There are phantom noises and squeaks that could probably be fixed easily by judicious use of WD-40 or by turning up the radio.
* It does not have a good radio. Unless, that is, you consider a cassette player a good radio. I don't. But it gets local stations and I can rock out while driving over the speed limit to work. Hey, I live in Omaha - speeding is what we do!
* The check engine light is always on. I've actually taken it in to get looked at and they found nothing really worth fixing. So now it's just an old friend that greets me every morning.
* The dash light does not work. I think there's a short because every once in a while if you hit a bump it comes on briefly. You start to celebrate but then it just goes off again. It's such a tease.

So that's it. It's an old car, sold as is. We got the wife a new truck and so the Saturn is getting sold. The $400 is negotiable.

To recap: It's old, it runs, there's no warranty. But it's been a damned good car for me for a decade. Carfax reports are $40. If you want one I'd be willing to split the cost. I'm not trying to rook anyone here. I'm not hiding damage or making the car out to be anything other than it is. You aren't going to get a working car this cheap most places, but it's sell it or take it to U-Pull-It and I really don't want to do that. It's served me way to well to watch it get chopped to pieces in a lot somewhere.

How to sell a 99 Corolla:

Do you have a link to this? I want to send it to my friend who misses his '99 Corolla to this day.
(A few years ago, he was out with his wife and the engine caught fire, unable to be saved. I forget the reason why, but he's a pretty auto-saavy person, so it wasn't neglect.)