Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

Honestly? I prefer interacting with machines. They never get happy, they never get sad, never laugh at my jokes, they just run programs.
...except when they don't.

Was using the self-checkout at Meijer and the coupon printer spit out a coupon for $2 off my next gas purchase...except that the paper jammed when the coupon was about 85% printed.
I saw what it was and I was all like GRAAH GIMME MY GAS COUPON YOU USELESS WASTE OF PLASTIC and hand-pulled that sucker out far enough to tear it off. Not gonna cheat ME out of my promotional gas discount!

--Patrick

Honestly? I prefer interacting with machines. They never get happy, they never get sad, never laugh at my jokes, they just run programs.
Johnny 5 was a badass back in the day. Though considering he was a contemporary of the Terminator, if the laser missed, he's screwed vs any of them.

<---- Child of the 80s.

They don't care about my one-way mirror, they're not frightened by my cold exterior.
They don't ask me questions, they don't want to scold me. They don't look for answers, they just want to hold me.
They don't care about my inclinations, they're not frightened by my revelations.
Isn't this fun?
Isn't this what life's all about?
Isn't this a dream come true?
Isn't this a nightmare TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It still sometimes mystifies me when I think about the fact that the guy who wrote this song and Weird Science is currently one of the most prolific composers in the movie industry.
I am not mystified. Oingo Boingo had the most theatrical sound in under-ground synth-pop. What is even more awesome than his career, he married Bridgette Fonda and she gave up her career to rear his kids.

I'm surprised you people find an almost-entirely automated McD surprising or odd. I think some of you don't quite realize just *how* expensive labor is in some parts of the Old Continent. We've had fully automated fast food joints for years. Not all of them, and I'm aware they're not "fully" automated, just the customer end, but still.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm surprised you people find an almost-entirely automated McD surprising or odd. I think some of you don't quite realize just *how* expensive labor is in some parts of the Old Continent. We've had fully automated fast food joints for years. Not all of them, and I'm aware they're not "fully" automated, just the customer end, but still.
If we keep raising the minimum wage here, I'm sure we'll get used to these in a hurry.

If we keep raising the minimum wage here, I'm sure we'll get used to these in a hurry.
The min wage here is 10.50, on the way to 11 and I've only seen these at grocery stores. Hidden off to the side.

If it hit 15 bucks an hour I'm sure we'd see more of it. :p

Spoilered only for size. Completely work/lunch safe.

I...but that's not...then why would you...that's not even...it's like saying....and then there's...

AHHHHHHHH!! :aaah:
That pretty much describes many a day in my life when I ran a comic store. Lots of mouth breathers that would complain constantly about comics and creators, but if you even tried to suggest that they check out a new book by somebody they said they liked.... "I can't give up Book X, I love it!" :tina:

I do miss running the store, I have some great memories and met some good people, but I don't miss THOSE guys.

I just typed those terms into google trends and now they are even more divergent. However what is more interesting is typing in Dating Tips vs RealDoll both trend almost hand in hand. I think what we can extrapolate from this is even Woman shaped objects are being objectified down only to women shaped lady bits objects. This cannot stand, time to start a Tumblr account! :awesome:

fade

Staff member
Well if green hulk is a manifestation of Banner's invulnerable super-strong 3 year old self, I'm guessing he has a 3 year old's dong. Or maybe it's an actual fire hose.

"Alright... who's been messing with Grandma's meds again? Was it you, Grandpa? What did we tell you about that last time?"

GasBandit

Staff member
[DOUBLEPOST=1407798301,1407797727][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok, so not everything from tumblr is awful.

PRAISE BE TO THE OMNISSIAH. Thus do we invoke the Machine God. Thus do we make whole that which was sundered.