Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

Problem being more or less that as long as people an properly read English ti shouldn't be too much of an issue since they should be able to understand "this place contains toxic waste that's going to kill you slowly", but....yeah.
They get combined with pictograms and labels in different languages and alphabets and so on, too.

And in case anyone even has the slightest glimmer of a doubt, of course there are already a whole bunch of conspiracy theories out there claiming those "nuclear waste" signs are hiding aliens/gold/the garden of Eden/Stargate/Putin's cloning facility/whatever the F you care to think of.

Man, literally all of those have passed my Facebook feed from the group "people incorrectly correcting others" multiple times.
Come on Gas, you're supposed to supply me with New and Exciting Memes to Shock and Dazzle my regular people friends, not post batches of old stuff. Next you're going to post a batch of pictures supposely taken by the dog, the cat, the hamster, etc. :p

I mean, assuming it was just clearing out old inventory and not just a means to destroy books that contain messages they don’t like, I feel like

A) they probably woudlve let the librarians take the books home and keep them rather than burn them. Space is made either way.

2) this stunt would’ve just delayed the book burnings for as long as it takes to figure the trick out (which it obviously was found out since that picture went viral).

I think the whole "City in Florida wants to burn books" part of this story is false. According to news articles, it was a way to keep classic books on the shelves that otherwise would be disposed of due to lack of circulation, but later repurchased when they were inevitably, eventually, requested.

I think the whole "City in Florida wants to burn books" part of this story is false. According to news articles, it was a way to keep classic books on the shelves that otherwise would be disposed of due to lack of circulation, but later repurchased when they were inevitably, eventually, requested.
Yes. And some people brought up a real concern: this could be a way for libraries to artificially boost circulation numbers, which could artificially boost their funding (if the library's funding is directly tied to circulation; some are, and some are not).

Yes. And some people brought up a real concern: this could be a way for libraries to artificially boost circulation numbers, which could artificially boost their funding (if the library's funding is directly tied to circulation; some are, and some are not).
I think one of the stories I posted makes mention that this particular library's funding is not.

I really thought we’d be past “making obviously stupid generalizations about millenial tastes that ignore the obvious issues those buisnesses have” articles by now.

I really thought we’d be past “making obviously stupid generalizations about millenial tastes that ignore the obvious issues those buisnesses have” articles by now.
I stopped going to Hooters a long time ago because the quality of the restaurants in my area went down, and there were much better "brestaurant" options, like Twin Peaks.