Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

I wanted to learn Hebrew so badly when I was 9.
Of course, back then I thought Hebrew was the only other foreign language in the world.
And before you ask, yes I had access to Sesame Street which showed Spanish (and even the Canadian version showing French!) but thought they didn't count because they still used the same letters.

--Patrick

I wanted to learn Hebrew so badly when I was 9.
Of course, back then I thought Hebrew was the only other foreign language in the world.
And before you ask, yes I had access to Sesame Street which showed Spanish (and even the Canadian version showing French!) but thought they didn't count because they still used the same letters.
I learned a bit of Hebrew back in the day. Part of it was because we had a fairly substantial Jewish population in my town, and despite being raised Catholic, I attended enough Bar Mitzvahs/Bat Mitzvahs/Passover dinners/etc, I started picking up some key prayers and phrases. The rest came from one of my best friends in high school, whose parents were Israeli and she was fluent in Hebrew. There was another girl in color guard with us that would drive her insane, so she taught me ...important phrases, so she could vent to me across the practice field and no one would understand what she was saying. I still remember how to say, "I'm going to punch her!"!
Funny enough, none of the other Jewish kids present knew enough Hebrew outside of the prayers they had learn for their mitzvahs that anyone else could understand what my friend was saying.

I learned a bit of Hebrew back in the day. Part of it was because we had a fairly substantial Jewish population in my town, and despite being raised Catholic, I attended enough Bar Mitzvahs/Bat Mitzvahs/Passover dinners/etc, I started picking up some key prayers and phrases. The rest came from one of my best friends in high school, whose parents were Israeli and she was fluent in Hebrew. There was another girl in color guard with us that would drive her insane, so she taught me ...important phrases, so she could vent to me across the practice field and no one would understand what she was saying. I still remember how to say, "I'm going to punch her!"!
Funny enough, none of the other Jewish kids present knew enough Hebrew outside of the prayers they had learn for their mitzvahs that anyone else could understand what my friend was saying.
Back when I was in middle school and high school, my social circle included many guys who came from other countries and spoke languages other than English. Us guys, being guys, soon started teaching each other dirty phrases in our respective languages. I taught plenty of people how to say certain body parts in Mandarin, and I also learned how to insult someone so badly in Hebrew that he'd likely challenge you to a duel right there (though I've forgotten it now).

I still remember how to say "I am currently peeing my pants" in Spanish though.

THOSE PANTS HAVE POCKETS
On women's clothing, they are often fake pockets or so small that they may as well be fake. Because apparently no woman would ever need a pocket that could hold a key for a house and a key for a car, let alone a whole ring of keys, that's just crazy talk! (And we won't even bring up the ridiculous idea of women carrying wallets or phones).

On women's clothing, they are often fake pockets or so small that they may as well be fake. Because apparently no woman would ever need a pocket that could hold a key for a house and a key for a car, let alone a whole ring of keys, that's just crazy talk! (And we won't even bring up the ridiculous idea of women carrying wallets or phones).
Look, just stay in the kitchen where you belong and you need pockets for, what, maybe a spatula?
You and your strange leaving the house ways...

Her hand is in the pocket in the first one! But I hear you.

My wife is always having me carry her wallet/keys etc because she hates purses and most of her clothing is without pockets

One year, we were throwing a halloween party for the boys and a bunch of their high school friends came over. One guy saw my Zune in the garage and asked me what I listened to, so I told him "mostly metal." He was like "cool--but they didn't have real metal when you were young..." Rolling my eyes, as asked him he'd ever heard of Black Sabbath. Once he proclaimed them "legit" I told him "Their first album came out the year before I was born" and watched his little mind blow. Then I followed it up by telling him I bought Metallica's first album in junior high.

My mom had Deep Purple's Stormbringer on LP. and I used to listen to it over and over again the year before I started kindergarten :D