Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

GasBandit

Staff member
Is it any wonder that we are where we are?

[DOUBLEPOST=1404008057,1404007811][/DOUBLEPOST]All he's missing is a fedora.

GasBandit

Staff member
[DOUBLEPOST=1404052321,1404052218][/DOUBLEPOST]
[DOUBLEPOST=1404052679][/DOUBLEPOST]

(for those who don't know the Kermit's "none of my business" meme:)
[DOUBLEPOST=1404053029][/DOUBLEPOST]

As far as that "American Giveaways" thing, I would bet that there are basically no places in London that has cheap bottled water.

Americans tend to cut up their food, fork in left hand, knife in right. Then, to eat, they transfer the fork to their right hand.

At least one friend who was backpacking through Germany and was fluent got called on it when he did that at a meal.

Also because most American knives are ether almost completely blunt or never get sharpened after they are opened, which basically means we NEED to use our dominate hand to cut through stuff. It's just too tough otherwise.

I'm lazy. I cut several pieces, then eat them.
Maybe it's not a nationality thing but mostly because of not knowing how to eat?

I'm a white, Canadian handsome left handed man and eat with a fork in the left hand and a knife in my right hand and the don't need pinch hitters to get the food from my plate to my mouth. They are delivered with brisk efficient German planning without any utensil movement. The right hand handles the knife with oj-like precision and the left takes the artistic pieces from the plate.

This topic is interesting.

American manners say that you are supposed to use the fork in your left hand and the knife in your right to cut your plateful of food into bite-sized pieces. Once you have reduced your portions to rubble, you put down the knife and transfer the fork to your right hand so you may pick up all the now bite-sized pieces one at a time.

Even before I spent time in Europe, I thought the above was dumb and prefer instead to eat my food in a manner which minimizes my utensil swapping and maximizes the chance that some of my food will enter my mouth while it is still hot.

--Patrick

Maybe it's not a nationality thing but mostly because of not knowing how to eat?

I'm a white, Canadian handsome left handed man and eat with a fork in the left hand and a knife in my right hand and the don't need pinch hitters to get the food from my plate to my mouth. They are delivered with brisk efficient German planning without any utensil movement. The right hand handles the knife with oj-like precision and the left takes the artistic pieces from the plate.

This topic is interesting.
I may not be handsome, but I'm Canadian and white and I do the same.

Another Canadian here. Cut up and eat as I go, without switching hands (fork left, knife right). But if it's a "use fork only" type of food (think penne pasta perhaps) then it is fork in my right hand.

I'll switch hands for each bite. It means that it takes me something like 20 extra seconds to eat my meal. Nothing worth getting all smug over.

American manners say that you are supposed to use the fork in your left hand and the knife in your right to cut your plateful of food into bite-sized pieces. Once you have reduced your portions to rubble, you put down the knife and transfer the fork to your right hand so you may pick up all the now bite-sized pieces one at a time.
Why would anyone do that? Your food would get cold fast.

American manners say that you are supposed to use the fork in your left hand and the knife in your right to cut your plateful of food into bite-sized pieces. Once you have reduced your portions to rubble, you put down the knife and transfer the fork to your right hand so you may pick up all the now bite-sized pieces one at a time.--Patrick
Really? I always cut and eat one piece at a time. It would take too long to cut it all at once and then eat, like Spar said, it'd get all cold