Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

What am I missing here?
Probably the fact that the line Prowse read was in essence correct. Obi Wan by cutting Anakin down and leaving him to die killed the person known as Anakin and gave birth to Vader. However I don't think cracked was being Star Wars illiterate so much as simply explaining how clever Lucas was by hiding his secret in plain sight.

In retrospect before Strikes Back, I wonder how many stories had the bad guy turn out to be the father of the good guy as the twist. These days it seems to be fairly common. If not the dad, then the mom.

David Prowse didn't say the line, he was in the Vader suit. James Earl Jones said the line in post production, among other variations of the line, including "Obi-Wan killed your father."

David Prowse didn't say the line, he was in the Vader suit. James Earl Jones said the line in post production, among other variations of the line, including "Obi-Wan killed your father."
No, he's saying they didn't list James Earl Jones as one of the people who knew.

But I also, I find this story unlikely anyway.

Vader proceeds to say, "Together we can rule the galaxy, as father and son," so Prowse would have had to also said something else: plus Luke having a highly emotional reaction and then dropping seems weird. Not to mention later, when Luke stands up in the Falcon, feeling the Force, and says, "Father..."

Blah blah blah, it's probably nonsense.

Actually true, as strange as it sounds. Dave had a whole speech that he gave in place of the "father" line, this from Dave himself. Editing is a seriously great thing for filmmakers. Nobody on set during the Falcon scene knew what Mark was referring to, since the whole movie was filmed out of sequence.

GasBandit

Staff member

H̭̰̜ͧ̏ͫ̓ͤ̾ͬ͜ȩ̟͎̣̙ͬ̄̌͢͢ ̜͉͎͚̩̝͕̎͋͐̽̃̄̿́̈͡c̴̷̡̪͉̜͛ͦͭȏ͕̋͗̾̾ͧ̈́̚m̯̘̪ͪͯ̀̐͟e͋ͫ̽͋̓̓ͯ͏̫͔̫̻̮̪̀̕t̡̪̯̅́ͤ̾͜ḧ͔͖̦̱̗͔̣̾̏ͥ͌̈͌͘͢͢ͅ

p͖͕̗̬̲̂̈́͋ͨ̎̉̌̿̊ȟ̦̦̞̦̜̳ͮ̊̔̅͛'͖̫̦̟̿ͣͪ͗͐̃n̜̮̩̜̈g̘͓̖̍̍ͣͮͯ̑l̼̲̪̦̐͆̿͑̈́͌͒ŭ̘̥̤̀̐ͩͬ̚ḯ͕̞̎ ̖͓̺͔̳̜̬̒́͗̄̔͛̆͌̔ḿ͉̪̦͔̂̄ͧg̰̖̤ͥ̋̏́ͮl̮̲̫̖̝̤̭̯̺ͭ͒̍w͔̪̼̰̠͇ͥ̋ͤ̂ͪ̒͌ͅ'͚͕̠ͪͩͣͮn̤͕͚̰̗̯ͬ͛́ͥ͊ͅa͔̦̼̰̳̙ͨ̽ͮ͊͒ͧ͊̂̆ͅf̻͖̝̆̆h̯͓͐̆ͥͤ ͍̠̅͒̊̈̽̏ͤC̮̱͕̣̠͖͖̊ͭ̈ͣ͊t͍͈̭̆̈̎ͨ̾h̺̝̟̅ͮ͑̉̅u̪̒̄̂͒l̜̺̼ͫ́ͨ̀ͧ͑ͦh͔̝͍͎͍̳̘̩̊ͭ̎̓̃ͯ̎̓ũ̟̼̯̗͓̬̐̀̈ͯͧ̄ ̞̖̤̤̰͗͒ͩͦ̽̓̋̓R̟͈̳̟̻͓͚ͫ̈́̍ͥ'̙̟̙̤̦̯̠̈́ͪ́̀͂́l̘͇̯̼̘͍̦̾̃ͯ̈́̍̈́ͅy̼̩͔̐ͧ͗̽ͣͧͨ̾͋e̼̱̯ͨ̐ḥ̬͈͔̱̭͌ͤ ͚̦̫̅͌w͎͈̉̀ͥͅg̯̼͓͆́͂̆͛ͧͦä̟̪̱̙͗̏̚h̯̦̫͔̓ͥ̎ͮ̅̒̎ͥ'̣͈͎͍͛̒̑̋ͩ̅̚n̼̜̘̝ͯ̈́ã͚̠͔̖̰̥̿ͣ̇̓ͣ̋ͨͅͅg̫͓̩͔̘͔͙͚͋̂̾͋̏̔́l̥̤̬ͥ͆͛̔ ̳̖̦̖̺̟͉̻̄ͤf̼͍̗͔̺̬͉̣̍̆ͬͯͥͮ̆ẖ̩̲̖̞̟̫̥͖ͬͤ́̉̆̈t̜̰̮͖̞̳̫͕͂̐͊̉ã̼̗͓͙̳̗̜g͎̾ͨ̚ͅn̙͔͉̯̲͌̈̆̌ͨ͊͌̒

No, he's saying they didn't list James Earl Jones as one of the people who knew.

But I also, I find this story unlikely anyway.

Vader proceeds to say, "Together we can rule the galaxy, as father and son," so Prowse would have had to also said something else: plus Luke having a highly emotional reaction and then dropping seems weird. Not to mention later, when Luke stands up in the Falcon, feeling the Force, and says, "Father..."

Blah blah blah, it's probably nonsense.
Yeah OK - I'll go with the theory that Frank is saying they're stupid b/c they don't list JEJ as one of the people who knew.

Although, it's just as possible that JEJ didn't really know, as the "I am your father" line was one of many things he recorded. He might have known it was a possibility, but not for sure. For that matter, Prowse wouldn't have had to know, since all he had to deliver was the Obi-Wan line. I will admit that it is a dramatic statement by Cracked - unless George was doing his own soundwork & post-production solo, there were more than 3 people who knew when the movie released.

Anyways - for humor I refer you to this season's episode of Big Bang Theory with JEJ & Carrie Fisher guest starring. (Jump to about the 1:05 mark)

GasBandit

Staff member
THE BOX ALWAYS LIES.

slipnslidewhalepool.jpg

THE BOX ALWAYS LIES.

waterparklies.jpg

THE BOX ALWAYS LIES.

banzaialligatorpool.jpg
photoshop-bonsai-pool.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1399322967,1399322818][/DOUBLEPOST]
banzaialligatorpoolreal.jpg

Last edited:
My brother is a product photographer for a large box store, I need to ask him if he has done that on his box tops. He actually uses big kids for their age, like his sons and nieces.

That water park one is the one I always think of when someone brings this up.
That last one is fantastic, though.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
So on imgur, somebody posted this still from the new Dwayne Johnson "Hercules" movie...

Which led to a discussion of the redhead on the left's "belly shirt" armor, lovingly molded to her boobs no less.

Somebody else posted this in the comments thread:

So on imgur, somebody posted this still from the new Dwayne Johnson "Hercules" movie...

Which led to a discussion of the redhead on the left's "belly shirt" armor, lovingly molded to her boobs no less.

Hey, Shiniez is still drawing stuff!

While I approve of Sejic's retorts (all the ones making fun of the exposed armor), the original image makes me :facepalm:. Especially because there are a ton of people clearly marching off to some kind of battle in that shot, and she's the only one exposed.

GasBandit

Staff member
While I approve of Sejic's retorts (all the ones making fun of the exposed armor), the original image makes me :facepalm:. Especially because there are a ton of people clearly marching off to some kind of battle in that shot, and she's the only one exposed.
Well, they could ALL use a little more arm/leg coverage if you ask me, but yeah, she's the only one with a midriff-bearing cuirass. I have a distinct feeling her abs are also shading for the same effect.