Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

figmentPez

Staff member
If my dad is any indication, How many Pipeline Measurement Engineers does it take to change a light bulb?

One, but he'll complain the entire time about how compact fluorescent bulbs are being forced on us, despite the fact that they contain mercury, but accurate measurement tools that contain mercury are being replaced by less accurate mercury-free versions, and the fact that there are far more health and safety procedures around the breaking of an expensive tool than..... etc, etc.

fade

Staff member
@Bubble181 it's a reference to the critically acclaimed American arthouse avant garde picture "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation". Here, the protagonist's cousin struggles with the degradation introduced by the capitalistic forces driving the once-happy Christmas holiday. Surrounded by the skeletons of his excess, the cousin attempts to drown his sorrows in alcohol, only to realize that even the drink is mass-marketed and commercialized. He pumps raw sewage into the storm sewers to represent how our overflowing effluent taints even nature, and will someday explode in our faces.

I've said this once and I'll say it again: If Mystery Inc. had been aired on adultswim, it would have been successful. It's BY FAR the best Scooby Doo series.

I hate Scooby Doo. Fucking loathe him. I've loathed him since Pup Named Scooby Doo aired when I was a kid, to Teletoon airing all different garbage ass old Scooby Doo series throughout the years I've been alive. Fuck Scooby Doo.

Mystery Inc. was rad.

....4 waffles and 7 bowls of soft serve is special? Man, I should be raking in the plaques.
Nice that it's a Flanders dining hall and it's dedicated to Belgian waffles, though, nice touch.

GasBandit

Staff member
....4 waffles and 7 bowls of soft serve is special? Man, I should be raking in the plaques.
Nice that it's a Flanders dining hall and it's dedicated to Belgian waffles, though, nice touch.
Here, when a waffle is called "belgian," that generally means it is extraordinarily large. Like, "takes up an entire dinnerplate and is about 4cm thick" large.

And I bet those bowls of soft serve were full on cereal bowls.

Here, when a waffle is called "belgian," that generally means it is extraordinarily large. Like, "takes up an entire dinnerplate and is about 4cm thick" large.

And I bet those bowls of soft serve were full on cereal bowls.
I'm aware of what a Belgian waffle is :p

Actually, TMI: there's two types of Belgian waffles, or three if you count waffle-like products.
What's usually called "Belgian waffle" is, in fact, a Brussels waffle. it's big (either 15, 18 or 24 squares, each square should be about an inch on a side. However, it's fairly light because a Brussels waffle is made without sugar, and with whipped egg whites.
This in contrast to Liège waffles, which are smaller, normally in the shape of a diamond, with smaller squares. These are made with sugar crystals in the batter, making them heavier and sweeter.
The third type I referred to is the Lacquemant waffle, they're made with a similar batter to Brussels waffles, but in the shape of a Liège waffle but thinner, and they're drenched in a type of syrup - normally orange blossom or apple-pear - before being baked, making them very sticky but oh-so-good.

fade

Staff member

Actually, TMI: there's two types of Belgian waffles, or three if you count waffle-like products.
What's usually called "Belgian waffle" is, in fact, a Brussels waffle. it's big (either 15, 18 or 24 squares, each square should be about an inch on a side. However, it's fairly light because a Brussels waffle is made without sugar, and with whipped egg whites.
This in contrast to Liège waffles, which are smaller, normally in the shape of a diamond, with smaller squares. These are made with sugar crystals in the batter, making them heavier and sweeter.
The third type I referred to is the Lacquemant waffle, they're made with a similar batter to Brussels waffles, but in the shape of a Liège waffle but thinner, and they're drenched in a type of syrup - normally orange blossom or apple-pear - before being baked, making them very sticky but oh-so-good.
I think what they call Belgian Waffles here are a combination of the first 2, because I associate sweet, huge, and thick (that's what she said) with Belgian waffles here.

TIL that @Bubble181 needs to come to my house and cook me some damn waffles.
Gladly, but honestly my father's better at them :)[DOUBLEPOST=1480530831,1480530789][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think what they call Belgian Waffles here are a combination of the first 2, because I associate sweet, huge, and thick (that's what she said) with Belgian waffles here.
Brussels waffles are usually made sweet by throwing on ridiculous amounts of sugar after baking.

Obviously not, or you would have understood the insanity of eating four of them :p
I had two as a snack not so long ago, with two scoops of ice cream and smothered in black chocolate sauce, with strawberries on top. If it was a meal I could've easily eaten two more. Americans are pussies :p

GasBandit

Staff member
I had two as a snack not so long ago, with two scoops of ice cream and smothered in black chocolate sauce, with strawberries on top. If it was a meal I could've easily eaten two more. Americans are pussies :p
I don't know what you think you ate, but it is not what Americans call a "belgian waffle" then :p

We're talking 4 cm thick and 22cm+ across.

Maybe your Belgian belgian waffles are just thin and anemic or something :trolol:

I don't know what you think you ate, but it is not what Americans call a "belgian waffle" then :p

We're talking 4 cm thick and 22cm+ across.

Maybe your Belgian belgian waffles are just thin and anemic or something :trolol:
I just described their size a bit higher up. And I've eaten them in the USA too. Maybe were jsut better at eating waffles like you guys are better at eating hamburgers.

This is the kind I make when I pull out the waffle machine. Though maybe not that big. Slightly smaller than a dinner plate.