Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

GasBandit

Staff member
Can we just get of the plugin if it's not going to work? :(
The plugin handles ALL media. So if we get rid of it, no more youtube embeds, no more mp4s, no twitter, no nothing. Just text and jpgs/gifs - and those won't automatically convert, you'll have to use the BB tags like some kind of savage.

But I made the author aware days ago, hopefully the next version will address the album issue.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
So basically, buy a new console about halfway through a console's normal lifespan?
I was talking about the console cost :p As in, having to buy a new console for the next generation every time, not even counting things like red rings of death.

You can build a gaming PC for less than $500, upgrades it satisfactorily for less than $200 every 2 years, and easily save thousands upon thousands of dollars on the price of games. See the tech subforum for more details. PC gaming is waaaay cheaper than console gaming.

fade

Staff member
Jeez how many games are you guys buying? I don't pay much more than $10 for either a console game or a PC game. They're about even-steven for me. It's buy a digital sale game for the PC or a used game for the console for this cheapskate. As for hardware, I payed way more for my PC than the 225 I paid for my PS4, and my PS3 lasted me about 8 years. Anecdotal, but I can't imagine paying less for PC hardware.

GasBandit

Staff member
Jeez how many games are you guys buying? I don't pay much more than $10 for either a console game or a PC game. They're about even-steven for me. It's buy a digital sale game for the PC or a used game for the console for this cheapskate. As for hardware, I payed way more for my PC than the 225 I paid for my PS4, and my PS3 lasted me about 8 years. Anecdotal, but I can't imagine paying less for PC hardware.
The option is there, you just didn't exercise it. Granted, I didn't either. But it doesn't have to cost as much as everybody thinks it does - it's just, people tend to want more once they get a taste.

The option is there, you just didn't exercise it. Granted, I didn't either. But it doesn't have to cost as much as everybody thinks it does - it's just, people tend to want more once they get a taste.

*Looks at the Vive, and the hole it left in his wallet*

PC Gaming can be pretty cheap... until you ascend into "enthusiast" territory.

In a completely unrelated note, did you know Illusion is making VR games now?

figmentPez

Staff member
*Looks at the Vive, and the hole it left in his wallet*

PC Gaming can be pretty cheap... until you ascend into "enthusiast" territory.
And how many console gamers have spent $1,000+ on their TV and surround sound system?

Oh, but you say "They watch movies on that, too, it's not just for games." Well, I surf the web, do schoolwork, watch movies, etc on my PC, but I don't see you taking that into consideration when you count up the cost of PC gaming.

And how many console gamers have spent $1,000+ on their TV and surround sound system?

Oh, but you say "They watch movies on that, too, it's not just for games." Well, I surf the web, do schoolwork, watch movies, etc on my PC, but I don't see you taking that into consideration when you count up the cost of PC gaming.

I just said PC gaming is cheap. Until you start diving into again the 'enthusiast' territory. I'd call all the stuff you just listed enthusiast items as well, just for a different thing.

You can build a gaming PC for less than $500, upgrades it satisfactorily for less than $200 every 2 years, and easily save thousands upon thousands of dollars on the price of games. See the tech subforum for more details. PC gaming is waaaay cheaper than console gaming.
An "adequate" gaming PC, yes.
Also the thing about PCs is that, unlike consoles, you can use them for so many other things.

--Patrick

An "adequate" gaming PC, yes.
Also the thing about PCs is that, unlike consoles, you can use them for so many other things.

--Patrick
With consoles holding back games so much, adequate is usually more than enough power to run the big titles on par with their console brothers.

That's another thing that usually gets left out. PC games can scale. An old title on new hardware can be pumped up to look a lot better, while newer titles can run on older hardware usually just fine just by turning down some settings.