Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

Irony level: I'm having scrambled eggs and turkey sausage patties on a biscuit right now.

No, not digestive biscuits, you Brits.

To be honest, that's what it sounds like for all non-americans :p
Just looked up what it actually is. Probably tastes great, but it looks like stale pastry covered in puke :confused:
Fluffy scones (non-sweetened), a white gravy (which often has bits of sausage).

Heaven on a plate.

Cajungal

Staff member
Am I the only Southerner who doesn't care for biscuits and gravy? If a biscuit is good, I don't want anything on it. Maybe just a little jelly or butter. I've never had a very good white gravy; maybe that's why. It's always either too floury or underseasoned, but I just don't like the taste either.

Am I the only Southerner who doesn't care for biscuits and gravy? If a biscuit is good, I don't want anything on it. Maybe just a little jelly or butter. I've never had a very good white gravy; maybe that's why. It's always either too floury or underseasoned, but I just don't like the taste either.
I like my biscuits plain, it's part of the reason I don't think I've ever actually had biscuits and gravy.

Sawmill gravy is great with chicken fried steak though.

I usually find biscuits to be kinda dry (even the good ones) and so lubricating them with ample amounts of gravy is always preferred.

Never tried biscuits and gravy, have enjoyed dumplings and gravy (not like Asian cuisine dumplings), and like cheese grits (one good one in Austin, one homemade and sub-par in Atlanta)

I have never had biscuits and gravy, and now I want to try them just to see what the fuss is about.
There is so much variability in Gravy that it can make or break your experience, literally. As said above, too floury-tasting is common, as is too runny, as well as underspiced.

So perfect a great sausage gravy before trying IMO.

fade

Staff member
I was just going to say that when most southerners say "biscuits and gravy", they don't mean brown gravy. They usually mean a peppery breakfast sausage based white gravy, preferably with giant chunks of said sausage still in it.

Last edited:
I was just going to say that when most southerner's say "biscuits and gravy", they don't mean brown gravy. They usually mean a peppery breakfast sausage based white gravy, preferably with giant chunks of said sausage still in it.
stop.gif
[DOUBLEPOST=1446211917,1446211607][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, as far as fast food sausage gravies go, Hardee's has a pretty good sausage gravy so I would assume Carl's Jr would share the same recipe for the west coasters. Purnell's Old Folks has a boil-in-bag gravy that's pretty good as well that you might be able to find in your supermarket

fade

Staff member
You know on that topic, as far as movie/tv cajun accents go, Justin Wilson and 90s X-Men Gambit were bad. But surprisingly, the weird old dude from Waterboy was pretty accurate. Actually Kathy Bates wasn't too far off either.