Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

fade

Staff member
As is pointed out every time that photo is posted on Reddit, that's a completely normal way to use that weight machine.

The Thrawn trilogy was really quite good. The TWO Old Republic games were really, really good, too. Of the rest of the EU, a lot of it was badly written, and a lot of it really suffered from power creep and villain decay. Of course, the prequel movies had those same problems, but still. I, for one, won't miss the Yuuzhan Vong, or the infinite emperor clones, or Jedi throwing around SSDs like it's nothing.

fade

Staff member
The BIGGEST loss is the Old Republic stuff, which -is- the franchise to a lot of people these days. But who knows... we might still get a Revan movie someday.
I'll agree with that. The Old Republic games definitely had a good story. One part I did not like was that 4000 YBBY felt a lot like 0 YBBY.

I'll agree with that. The Old Republic games definitely had a good story. One part I did not like was that 4000 YBBY felt a lot like 0 YBBY.
There is actually a bit of thing about that... apparently technology designs are cyclical in the Star Wars Universe at this point, so the reason you see a lot of similar designs for things is because that is simply the "style" of the time. For example, Star Destroyers: someone figured out that the wedge design was great for focusing firing directly in front of you, but then someone built a design to counter that and someone countered that and so on... until, eventually, the Wedge Ship design is the most optimal choice. It just took hundreds, if not thousands, of years for all of that to happen, which is why the designs of The Old Republic are like those of the New Republic era.