Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

To do pineapple on a pizza, you basically need to fundamentally change the pizza itself. Minimal (if any) sauce, same with the cheese, and you can really only combine it with a few other toppings and flavors to make it work. Most Hawaiian pizzas come sprinkled with cinnamon for this very reason: it basically changes the savory taste of the meat and cheese into something sweet to go with the pineapple.

If it doesn't blend with the other toppings. If the seasonings in the sauce combine badly with it. If the pineapple makes the pizza soggy.

And that's assuming you like pineapple in the first place.
I have never had pineapple make a pizza soggy.

The only toppings you need with it is Canadian Bacon or Pepperoni. I prefer the pepperoni, because savory and sweet-tart work really well together. Then be sure to add red pepper flake or jalapenos.

fade

Staff member
Barf. Pineapple is gross. I don't like most tropical fruit. There's some common flavor they all seem to share that I just don't like. But hey, knock yourselves out.

I don't have anything against pineapple per se. I love me some abacaxi grelhado.
But it doesn't belong on pizza.
Hawaiian pizza (ham+pineapple) is the only valid use case I can see, and it's not one of my favorites.

--Patrick

It is not pizza unless an animal has died to make it. If I'm going to have to stomach pineapple on my pizza, there had better be some ham next to it. Otherwise I'll pass.

My friend alsways says "Hawaii is where pizza goes to die."

I just don't order it. Problem I have with Hawaiian pizza is in my group of friends there are a few who champion for us to order it during a group event such as a LAN but at the end of the night all the meat lover pizzas are destroyed and the Hawaiian has one slice taken out of it. This proves two things: My Pineapple pizza loving friends are jerks and Pineapple on pizza is only good on the drawing board because once it is next to actual pizza toppings no one cares.

There is no meat on real pizza, it is mozzarella slices, tomato sauce, and basil. Anything else is just Americanfied crap.
I had pizza in Spain at a Pizza Hut. Among other toppings, they had orange peel, octopus, calamari, tuna, and of course olivesolivesolivesolivesolives.

--Patrick

fade

Staff member
I saw something once... I'll see if I can google it. It was basically using historical sources, including paintings, to show that historical pizza was actually closer to American pizza than current Italian pizza.