[Funny] Funny Pictures! (Keep em clean, folks!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not even one to judge since I can't stand most pop music; I just support the image's contention that there is something for you, whoever you are; it just might not be obvious. I don't even know what compares to what these days. Example: Normally when my wife introduces me to an artist's work, I like it, because usually she knows where my tastes will fall (Florence was one of these). She got on a Kesha fix at some point--I cannot stand Kesha. Simple, one-note background music is like driving a nail into my skull, with shitty singing of shitty lyrics. I didn't get it, and fortunately my wife found something else later. Anyway, a couple weeks ago Kerli released a single and I didn't care for it as much as her first album, and voiced my concern that she might be trying to go more pop in an effort to be more popular. The name Kesha came to my lips. My wife was annoyed that I'd compare Kerli to the dregs of Kesha.
"But you like Kesha."
"It's not the same!"
I'm guessing the explanation here is probably that Kesha is more of a guilty pleasure for my wife than something she genuinely thinks is good, so that goes also to your point, Juski.

ElJuski

Staff member
I hadn't heard of Florence and the machine until this thread. And I'm okay with that.
Yeah I like being ignorant of innocent things like hearing a song, too.

I'm not even one to judge since I can't stand most pop music; I just support the image's contention that there is something for you, whoever you are; it just might not be obvious. I don't even know what compares to what these days. Example: Normally when my wife introduces me to an artist's work, I like it, because usually she knows where my tastes will fall (Florence was one of these). She got on a Kesha fix at some point--I cannot stand Kesha. Simple, one-note background music is like driving a nail into my skull, with shitty singing of shitty lyrics. I didn't get it, and fortunately my wife found something else later. Anyway, a couple weeks ago Kerli released a single and I didn't care for it as much as her first album, and voiced my concern that she might be trying to go more pop in an effort to be more popular. The name Kesha came to my lips. My wife was annoyed that I'd compare Kerli to the dregs of Kesha.
"But you like Kesha."
"It's not the same!"
I'm guessing the explanation here is probably that Kesha is more of a guilty pleasure for my wife than something she genuinely thinks is good, so that goes also to your point, Juski.
I mean, that's what it boils down to. I'm not saying I'm a huge pop fan either, but people have different tastes, and more importantly, art is made for a variety of reasons, so it's pretty dumb to take an obvious drunk-club artist like Nicki Minaj and compare it to a pop-indie. But just because you don't like it doesn't mean you need to call it stupid, either. I'm by no means a huge Nicki Minaj fan, but at least I can objectively tune in and see that the people behind her product know what they are doing, and, comparatively to some of the other stuff that's out there, rather effective.

Anyway, I think those stupid image memes, like many stupid image memes, are made up by bored, boring people. herp a derp derp, so on and so forth.

ElJuski

Staff member
Almost all Led Zep lyrics are pretty corny. Doesn't make them any less of an amazing band...just is a funny comparison point.

I'm not massively busty but my chest has definitely given me a few issues:
#1 Yep
#4 I wouldn't call it a problem but I have had smaller chested girls ask this.
#5 Breaks my heart every time. Some really awesome clothes I just can't wear. Fits great on the waist, not a chance in hell over "the girls".
#7 Combination of being short and a deep sink. Yep.
#10 The one time I even THOUGHT about a shirt like that, pretty much......

The rest I don't have as I'm not in "that big" of a category.

fade

Staff member
In geology, we teach at lab tables for most of the upper level classes. Counters are amazing things, let me tell you. #creepylech

S

SeraRelm

Yeah, I can't understand the appeal of sticking my face in a woman's erogenous zones either.

wait-

Status
Not open for further replies.