Former Governor McDonnel Indicted on 14 Felony Charges

GasBandit

Staff member
If he is convicted, impale both him and his wife on spikes on the National Mall. It's time our politicians start fearing the people again, and more importantly, fearing straying from the straight and narrow.

If he is convicted, impale both him and his wife on spikes on the National Mall. It's time our politicians start fearing the people again, and more importantly, fearing straying from the straight and narrow.
You have to admit, this would probably get some results.

I really think that the justice department shouldn't have stayed their hand in indicting McDonnell. He should have been charged as a sitting governor.

Also hearing him claim that he thought it was nothing more than gifts and loans from a friend is insane when you hear that the CEO gave his wife a Rolex engraved with XXth (I don't remember what number) governor of Virginia to give to the governor. It was flagrant and shameless corruption and it is great that he was indicted.

GasBandit

Staff member
I feel I should add that my proposed punishment is extreme because this corruption is obviously extreme - he was approaching others looking for payoffs. That goes far, far beyond the pale, as opposed to nebulous quasi-chicanery such as Charlie Rangel forgetting (allegedly) to declare some income from a property he was renting.