First shot of Thor 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
:bush: They actually got the costume right... then again Marvel Productions does damn good work so I shouldn't be that surprised. Very much looking forward to this.

Can't see Daddy Kirk's face very well, but shit, he looks a buttload more like Thor than I thought he would.

He looks great, to be sure, but I don't think he's even close to buff enough. Thor should be muscular enough to put guys in muscle magazines to shame. He's a god, after all.

Still, if they do him like a combination of Ultimate Thor in regular Thor's armour, then I think it'll be okay.

He looks great, to be sure, but I don't think he's even close to buff enough. Thor should be muscular enough to put guys in muscle magazines to shame. He's a god, after all..
Why? Why would Thor need to be insanely buff?

They should just shoot for the best Thor art.

Huh, I didn't even know Thor wore a costume. I thought he just sorta went around with a cape, a winged helmet, and some decency-protecting underpants, like a hammer-wielding Leonidas.

I think it's going to be less about the costume and more about the performance and the presence that the actor brings and the director can set. It's similar to superman to me, because honestly I think both Superman and Thor look fucking ridiculous. Despite that they look silly, they still get a lot of respect because of the power that they command and how they carry themselves.

W

wana10

i like the costume, but the metal parts look plasticy and that detracts from it in my opinion. I also wanna see the helmet...

ElJuski

Staff member
ha god, let the nerd speculation / jerk off / rant fest begin...and it's only one pic. I felt the universe shudder this morning, and this must be it. Nothing to excite me until there's a trailer.

He looks great, to be sure, but I don't think he's even close to buff enough. Thor should be muscular enough to put guys in muscle magazines to shame. He's a god, after all.
Yea but they probably wanted someone who could, you know, act.

What is it with the recent smattering of people poo-pooing every discussion about something that gets people excited? Did someone put emo in the water?

BTW, pic looks pretty cool. Can't wait to see a trailer.

What is it with the recent smattering of people poo-pooing every discussion about something that gets people excited? Did someone put emo in the water?

BTW, pic looks pretty cool. Can't wait to see a trailer.
Whaddya think this is, a board full of nerds or something

NO... i was nowhere near the HF water supply last at 5:15 am last Thursday... i was at home alone, sleeping...

E

Element 117

I agree with Shego, Marvel Productions have not failed me yet.
Are we letting spiderman3 slide because it was a coproduction? Cause that dance emo Parker scene ruined it for me.

E

Element 117

I agree with Shego, Marvel Productions have not failed me yet.
Are we letting spiderman3 slide because it was a coproduction? Cause that dance emo Parker scene ruined it for me.[/QUOTE]

Spider-Man franchise is all Sony Pictures.[/QUOTE]

distribution wise yes, but check:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man_3
Studio Marvel Studios
Distributed by Columbia Pictures
So I mean, It's not like Marvel was hands off.

Marvel Productions was their TV & Animation house that, among other things, did all their cartoons up until the mid-90s Spider-Man show, Fraggle Rock, and Tranformers: The Movie before going bankrupt in the late 90s.
90's Spider-Man, Transformers movie, AND fraggle rock? How the hell did such awesome go bankrupt?

-This is not sarcasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.