Export thread

First 5 Shuffle Songs

Krisken

Krisken

Ok, here's how this works. Open up your music program with the most songs. I don't care if it is on your computer or iPod or whatever. Make sure shuffle is on, and go through the first 5 songs. NO CHEATING! You can explain each song or comment on what others have said/what they post, just try to be cool. Music taste is an individual thing and there's no reason to be a total fuck-wit.

I'll begin this mess.

1. Stabbing Westward- You Complete Me: Yup, this is sorta left over from my depressing youth. All angry and angsty, this is one of those that I don't listen to so often anymore. Still like it though.

2. Me First and the Gimme Gimmes- Runaway: Not my favorite cover, but I can tolerate it. Still like the album though.

3. Nine Inch Nails- Ruiner: Freaking awesome. This is one of those songs that I would skip sometimes when I was younger but the various noises suddenly pushing into that grand sound really grew on me. Really love this song.

4. Another Year on the Streets- Radiation Suit- Got this on Vagrant Records sampler, and really like it. Never did go out of my way to check out the artist (WTF, right?). The lazy listener strikes again.

5. Therapy?- Little Tongues First: Wow, great song here. I know most of you have never heard of the band and probably wouldn't think much of them if you did, but I absolutely love Therapy. Suicide Pact... you first. (sorry, song lyric there)

Lets hear it. Lets see what the rest of you have on your shuffle.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

1) Friend Like Me - Disney's Aladdin Soundtrack : I have most of the Disney soundtrack on my iPod. Aladdin is my favorite disney movie, and this is a good song by a fun character. Fun choice. :)

2) Reptilia - Guitar Hero III Soundtrack : Never heard this song, and never played it. I just have the soundtrack in case I ever want generic rock music to listen to.

3) Wonderful Thing About Tiggers - Disney's the Tigger Movie : Alright, 2 Disney movies in this list so far. I don't particularly care for this song, it's just in the huge Disney soundtrack I have. I can't say I've even really ever listened to it.

4) Katamari Damacy - Katamari 2-14 : No idea what this track is called. It's just Track 14 on Disc 2. Either way, I love the Katamari Damacy soundtracks, so I like this song. Huh, they've all been soundtracks so far.

5) Create-A-Sim - Sims 2 : Well, number 5 caps off this soundtrack-only list. This is music that plays while you build a Sim in Sims 2. I like Sims music; it's great "just doing stuff" music.

I really do have more than soundtracks on my iPod. It's hilarious that's all that came up though. Maybe I'll do a second.
Added at: 06:22
2nd Go:

1) Fuck Her Gently - Tenacious D : Crude but somewhat funny song by a crude but somewhat funny band.

2) Call on Me - Trance 100 : This song says nothing but the words "Call on meeeeeee call on me" about 500 times (I've tried to count but it's an 8 minute long song). I like it a lot, actually. It's one of the few Trance 100 songs I listen to.

3) Double Bass - Gorillaz : Never heard this one, but I was real big into Gorillaz a few years ago. Unfortunately they suffer from "I LOVE this song! But I HATE this one!"

4) Accidents Can Happen - Sixx AM : This song is one of my less liked songs on this album -- The Heroin Diaries -- But this band/album/whatever is in my top 5 favorite musical listenings of all time. I love this album in every way, from how it sounds to the story it tells. I was first introduced to this band by an AMV contest with the song "Life is Beautiful".

5) Spit it Oit (Overcaffeinated Hyper Version) - Slipknot : I don't even like Slipknot. I have no idea why they are still on my iPod, unless I was planning on giving them a chance at some point. Never heard this song.

ElJuski

ElJuski

1. Around the World - RHCP
2. Let It Shine - Ledbelly
3. It Takes Time to Build - Beastie Boys
4. I Thought I Was Free - Art in Manilla
5. Hot as Day - Wye Oak

Any time I'd play this it's such a random mishmash of music. Nigh 48 days' worth of music.

Mathias

Mathias

1. Take from Me - Eminem
2. Shout - Isley Brothers
3. Sweet Child of Mine - G&R
4. Sunday Bloody Sunday - U2
5. Paradise City - G&R
Added at: 08:21
1) Friend Like Me - Disney's Aladdin Soundtrack : I have most of the Disney soundtrack on my iPod. Aladdin is my favorite disney movie, and this is a good song by a fun character. Fun choice. :)

2) Reptilia - Guitar Hero III Soundtrack : Never heard this song, and never played it. I just have the soundtrack in case I ever want generic rock music to listen to.

3) Wonderful Thing About Tiggers - Disney's the Tigger Movie : Alright, 2 Disney movies in this list so far. I don't particularly care for this song, it's just in the huge Disney soundtrack I have. I can't say I've even really ever listened to it.

4) Katamari Damacy - Katamari 2-14 : No idea what this track is called. It's just Track 14 on Disc 2. Either way, I love the Katamari Damacy soundtracks, so I like this song. Huh, they've all been soundtracks so far.

5) Create-A-Sim - Sims 2 : Well, number 5 caps off this soundtrack-only list. This is music that plays while you build a Sim in Sims 2. I like Sims music; it's great "just doing stuff" music.

I really do have more than soundtracks on my iPod. It's hilarious that's all that came up though. Maybe I'll do a second.
Added at: 06:22
2nd Go:

1) Fuck Her Gently - Tenacious D : Crude but somewhat funny song by a crude but somewhat funny band.

2) Call on Me - Trance 100 : This song says nothing but the words "Call on meeeeeee call on me" about 500 times (I've tried to count but it's an 8 minute long song). I like it a lot, actually. It's one of the few Trance 100 songs I listen to.

3) Double Bass - Gorillaz : Never heard this one, but I was real big into Gorillaz a few years ago. Unfortunately they suffer from "I LOVE this song! But I HATE this one!"

4) Accidents Can Happen - Sixx AM : This song is one of my less liked songs on this album -- The Heroin Diaries -- But this band/album/whatever is in my top 5 favorite musical listenings of all time. I love this album in every way, from how it sounds to the story it tells. I was first introduced to this band by an AMV contest with the song "Life is Beautiful".

5) Spit it Oit (Overcaffeinated Hyper Version) - Slipknot : I don't even like Slipknot. I have no idea why they are still on my iPod, unless I was planning on giving them a chance at some point. Never heard this song.
Cheater. Only one list!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Return of the Phoenix (Final Fantasy VI Remix) by Greylightning: I've downloaded numerous tracks from OCRemix. This is one of them. I barely remember it.

Waking Dreams by Ayreon: I love Ayreon and I'll leave it at that. Prog-metal is bitchin'.

Metroid Prime Data Selection Screen by Kenji Yamamoto: The coolest track from the first Metroid Prime is for loading your saved game. They should've used the track for the main titles or something.

Roosterspur Bridge by Tori Amos: I worship Tori.

Wyches by Inkubus Sukkubus: Ugh, I really need to clear their stuff off my iTunes; it's already off my iPod. Just one of the bands I don't listen to anymore and when I hear one of their songs, I wonder how I ever did. I've got a bunch of their CDs along with Lacuna Coil and some others that just need to go so I can fit my Tom Waits discs in my CD case.
(Except Queen of the May. That song's still fun.)

EDIT: And now I've wasted a half-hour looking over bands I haven't in a long time, seeing what's up with them up and whether they're still around. Dammit.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Nun bitten wir den Heiligen Geist - Buxtehude

Desperado - The Eagles

Play the Game - Queen

Who Do You Love? - George Thorogood & the Destroyers

Shes Leaving Me Because She Really Wants To - Lyle Lovett

BErt

All These Things That I've Done - The Killers
Puercos - Cypress Hill
Gangsters - Fun Boy Three
Black Tambourine - Beck
Mockingbird - Eminem

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Walk the Line - Johnny Cash (Doesn't even need description)
Briefcase Full of Guts - Dethklok (Hell yes Dethklok)
Inspector Gadget Techno Remix - Scooter (Love me some Scooter)
Three Small Words - Josie and the Pussycats (Still one of my all time favorite guilty pleasure movies)
Como La Flor - Selena (I still get goosebumps whenever I hear her sing *sigh*)

PatrThom

PatrThom

Thanks, iTunes DJ!

Sex (I'm a...) - Berlin
Aging Superhero - Newton Faulkner
What's Up? - 4 Non Blondes
Rainy Night in Georgia (Boozo0 Bajou's Georgia Dub) - Tony Joe White/What is Hip?
Have You Made Up Your Mind? - Paul Weller

--Patrick

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Radar- The Know How a pretty good (mostly) instrumental (The only words are "Pick it up now. Get funky. Somebody move your body) third wave ska song. Not my favourite song by them but you said no cheating. Can't find any links to it on youtube, but here is another one of their songs to give you an idea.
Baby Fratelli- The Fratellis no explanation necessary, I think.
Junkie Man- Rancid I almost never listen to this song. This is the only Rancid album I have though, and there's a lot of good stuff on there.
Hush Up- King Konqueror- A fast paced ska song from a Canadian band from Nova Scotia. It's on The All Ska-Nadian Club volume 4. This is the only King Konqueror song on youtube and I've never heard it before. Hush Up is the only one of their songs I have heard before.
5 Kids Down- Big D and the Kids Table I swear I really do listen to music that isn't third wave ska as well.

LittleSin

LittleSin

I don't wanna be me -Type O Negative: First song I heard by this band and I still love it. Very angry.
Love Song - Sara Barelles: In a strange twist I much prefer the radio version of this song with the added instrumentals. However, the one on my ipod is just piano and this makes me sad.
Alejandro - Lady Gaga: I used to love this song...and now I find it boring as shit.
Atomic Garden - Bad Religion: LOVE this song. Very chaotic.
Call it what you Want - Foster the People: This band is so chill. It makes me long for summer and patio parties.

figmentPez

figmentPez

2,221 tracks
132 hours of music

1. Super Cool Disco Remix (Shadowgrounds OST) - Ritzon King
I think I've listened to this once. It's not a bad soundtrack, but I haven't even played the game yet, so I don't feel attached to it.

2. My Paper Heart - Francesca Battistelli
Such a beautiful voice, and this song shows it off well.

3. Murder On Their Minds - - Hero the Rock Opera
Not one of my preferred songs from this soundtrack. I much prefer Rasied in Harlem.

4. Something in the Way She Moves - James Taylor
I should probably get more of James Taylor than just his best of album at some point.

5. Build That Wall (Zia's Theme) - Darren Korb
What serendipity, this is my favorite song from the Bastion soundtrack.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

2,221 tracks
132 hours of music
FigmentPez's post reminded me; is there a way to alter the way iTunes recognizes the tracks? I have a few audiobooks downloaded that iTunes recognizes as music rather than what they are.I have 2161 tracks and its 7.1 days worth of "music", because I have the entire Douglas Adams set, all of Sherlock Holmes, World War Z and the Hobbit on there.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I've never had more than 500 songs on a playlist, ever. Maybe 300?

I just keep the songs I want to listen to at any given time on there. Temp good music? I hate skipping when something starts on random. If I won't listen to it everytime it comes up, it doesn't go on the playlist.

Dirona

Dirona

2,214 tracks
134 hours

Everything's Alright - Glenn Carter/Jesus Christ Superstar Soundtrack: Can't go wrong with Lloyd Webber. This is one of my favorite pieces from this show.

Harbour Lecou - Great Big Sea: I have every album, and have seen the boys live on a few occassions. This is not one of my favorites of theirs.

Who Spiked the Eggnog? - Straight No Chaser: This album is a recent addition, I have a weakness for men who can sing.

It Makes a Fellow Proud to be a Souldier - Tom Lehrer: A former boss introduced me to his material, and gifted me with a complete collection of his songs. I'm a fan.

Satin Doll - Duke Ellington: The tip of my 'jazz standards' collection.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

1. Foreign Objects #10 - CKY - I was pretty into CKY about 6-7 years ago. I usually skip over the songs now, but they're still on my iPod.

2. The Beginning of the End - The Megas - I like The Megas and their goofy brand of Mega Man music with lyrics.

3. Among the Strangers - Life in 24 Frames - A newish band I've gotten into lately.

4. Regular John - Queens of the Stone Age - I can listen to a Queens song no matter what my mood is.

5. See You in Hell - Monster Magnet - Monster Magnet is pure rock and roll, I fuckin' love em.

Emrys

Emrys

I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
All You Need Is Love - The Beatles
Mexicali Blues - The Grateful Dead
Rolling Stone - Muddy Waters
A Gorey Demise - Creature Feature

Frank

Frankie Williamson

FigmentPez's post reminded me; is there a way to alter the way iTunes recognizes the tracks? I have a few audiobooks downloaded that iTunes recognizes as music rather than what they are.I have 2161 tracks and its 7.1 days worth of "music", because I have the entire Douglas Adams set, all of Sherlock Holmes, World War Z and the Hobbit on there.
I have the same problem with podcasts.

Krisken

Krisken

Oh Pez, that's a good idea! I hadn't thought of adding number of songs/total time.

4546 songs, 274 hours

1. Shorty- The Get Up Kids: I went through an emo music phase. I wasn't emo, just really liked the music. I don't listen to most of it so much anymore. Just too whiny for my current tastes.

2. Duvet- BoA: I still adore this song. First heard it as the intro song for the Lain: Serial Experiments anime series. I have their first album and still listen to it regularly.

3. Southern Girl- Incubus: I think there are better songs on this album (and I prefer older Incubus albums anyways), but I like this song. Nice break from the angrier songs.

4. One Hit Wonder- Everclear: Unoffensive and kinda pedestrian as far as rock goes. Everclear songs start to kind of sound the same after a while, but I don't dislike the song. I have to admit I miss when Heroin Girl was more their style.

5. Big Deal- The Dead Milkmen: Ok, I laughed when this came up. It's so different from the rest of the stuff that came up. I love the Dead Milkmen. Offensive, strange, and never take themselves seriously. Love that this is the last one to come up.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

2956 songs, 8.4 days

Here we go...
She's an Angel - They Might be Giants
Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf (from the Three Little Pigs) - Billy Bletcher/Dorothy Compton - Classic Disney vol 2
When the Children Cry - White Lion
Life Goes on - Poison
YYZ - Rush

Interesting cross of genres there. Yes, I do have lots of Disney on my iTunes, including the Finding Nemo the Musical soundtrack. I love the movie, but love the stage show too.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Grooveshark provides me with:

1) "Lordaeron Fall" by Glenn Stafford, from the Warcraft III soundtrack. It's the main human background music, and one of my favorite pieces. I find myself humming it during quiet moments on calls.

2) "Ghost Division" by Sabaton. I love this piece! Fast, hard-hitting... it's on my running mix on my phone, too.

3) "Meet the Monster" by Five Finger Death Punch. Aww yiss. Snarly, full of vitriol... I need to add this one to the running track, too.

4) "Rogue Chariot" from the Mechwarrior 2 soundtrack. I've always been a fan of this soundtrack, but this piece is one of the more unremarkable ones... good for general ambient music, though.

5) "Starlight" by Muse. I'd heard this song in numerous locations before I identified it. I like it a lot.

I tend to go more for the sound of the song, rather than what it's saying, so a lot of songs that I listen to tend towards soundtracks of stuff with a lot of instrumentals. there are, of course, exceptions... *grins*

Dei

Dei

1.) The Treason of Isenguard (The Lord of the Rings soundtrack)
2.) North of the Wall (Game of Thrones soundtrack)
3.) Victory Does Not Make Us Conquerors (Game of Thrones soundtrack)
4.) Dancing Through Life (Wicked soundtrack)
5.) Darkspawn in the Wilds (Dragon Age: Origins soundtrack)

Are we picking up on a theme here? Well, ok #4 kind of clashes with the theme a little...

makare

I put all of my songs in and randomized it

1. Clint Black- Good Run of Bad Luck
2. They Might Be Giants- Particle Man
3. Muppet Christmas Carol- Thankful Heart
4. Chocolat Sdtrk- Boycott Immorality
5. The them song to Jem

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I tend to go more for the sound of the song, rather than what it's saying, so a lot of songs that I listen to tend towards soundtracks of stuff with a lot of instrumentals.
I'm the same; I listen to more music groups than I used to, but it has to sound good. I can't understand half of what's being said in a lot of songs anyway, so I really don't care about the lyrics words; it's the sound of the lyrics that matters, and how well they connect with the instruments.

Balkoth

A thread that makes me unlurk :)

17,720 songs, 1,387 hours or about 58 days of music

1. Depeche Mode - Pipeline (Chill Out Dub)

2. Dark Moor - Time is the Avenger

3. Pocket Calculator - Kraftwerk

4. All About Eve - Gold and Silver

5. Orphaned Land - El Meod Na'ala

A nice piece of genres there,but misses the k-pop and dubstep i'm heavily into at the moment. Let's just say that i listen to everything, from the blackest of Metal to the bubbliest of Pop, everything is listened to.

jwhouk

jwhouk

1. "American Pie", Don McLean (The Day The Music Died, of course.)
  2. "Pocahontas Proud", Gretchen Wilson (Snatched from the whole album Here For The Party; not my fave song on this one.)
  3. "Super Bowl Shuffle", Chicago Bears Shufflin' Crew (Put on with a bit of irony. Sad that it's happening now as the Pack is getting its butts kicked vs. the Gints.)
  4. "There She Goes", Sixpence None The Richer (I like Sixpence None The Richer.)
  5. "Shout Part I", Joey Dee & The Starlighters (Another "it was on the album" song - this one was Sports Rock.)

Zappit

Zappit

Shuffle produces:

1. Energy - Shinedown - Love this track. Loud, stupid rock at its best.

2. Where the Streets Have No Name - U2 - Good stuff

3. Moneygrabber - Fitz and the Tantrums - Got hooked on them a little while ago - great modern Motown-esque vibe.

4. Losing my Religion - REM - One of my favorite REM tracks. Depressing, yes, but a good song.

5. Buried Alive - Avenged Sevenfold - I thought they bounced back pretty well after the Rev died. Slowed down a bit; it's moodier. Picked up this single before getting the album.

Vagabond

Vagabond

2,585 songs on my Ipod Touch.

Urban Knights - Forever More : Smooth Jazz. Not Kenny G.

Daft Punk - Crecendolls : C'mon now.

Mos Def - Mr.Nigga : "Conscience" rap.

Kanye West - Everything I Am : "Unconscious" (?) rap.

MASS OF THE FERMENTING DREGS - – ゼロコンマ、色とりどりの世界 : A great rock band from Japan, really dig the sound they've got going. It's loud, with fuzzy guitars and a female vocalist. It was actually an all female trio at one point but I've got no idea what the lineup is now.

Gusto

Gusto

1146 songs, 2.5 days (I mostly listen to podcasts).

1) Alexisonfire - Emerald Street
2) Kristofer Straub - Locate Table
3) Nobuo Uematsu - Seymour's Theme
4) Donkey Kong Country - Simian Segue
5) Sex Bob-omb - Scott Pilgrim Soundtrack - Garbage Truck

Vrii

Vrii

Deep Inside - Incubus
Underground - Moist
Earth Sky and C - I Mother Earth
Gone Forever - Three Days Grace
Novocaine for the Soul - Eels

What is this, the 90s? I promise I have more variety of music than this.

linglingface

linglingface

Jack Johnson - Drink The Water
Godsmack - Greed Sully <3 Godsmack is one of my favorite bands.
Sound Of Music - Overture/Preludium Musicals! Love them.
98 Degrees - You Don't Know Loved them in high school, have three of their albums and I always skip over their songs when they come up. /shrug
cKy - Inhuman Creation Station

God damn this is a random list.

And 2nd go...
Elysian Fields - Fountains On Fire
Moulin Rouge - One Day I'll Fly Away
Taylor Swift - Tell Me Why
Stephen Lynch - RDC (Opie's Lament)
Across The Universe - Girl

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Hare Hare Yukai - Aya Hirano, Minori Chihara, and Yuko Goto
Shoot to Thrill - AC/DC
Shake Your Foundations - AC/DC
Have a Drink on Me - AC/DC
tartarus_0d03 - Shoji Meguro

According to random sampling, most of my collection is AC/DC

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

^ And there is nothing wrong with this...

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

I looked through my collection, and most of it really is AC/DC.

I apparently have 6 different tracks of "You Shook Me All Night Long".

makare

my next song was ac/dc

Bowielee

Bowielee

Kathy Griffin- The Hot Ticket (comedy album)

Black Eyed Pease- I Gotta Feelin'

Jill Sobule- I Kissed a Girl

The Lonely Island- Jizz in my Pants

Kim Wilde- Kids in America

Krisken

Krisken

Ok, another day, another 5 random songs.

Automatic- Less Than Jake: I love horns in my punk music.
Enjoy the Silence- Failure: Best cover ever. Depeche Mode said it was better than their original.
True Star- Caroline's Spine: Fantastic song. Some great rock music that most people have never heard of.
Inside Out- Screaching Weasel: About time we had some pure punk music show up in my list. Dig this song.
The Hand That Feeds- Nine Inch Nails: Yeah, trying to explain why I like this would be pretty silly.

I have to say, I'm really enjoying seeing everyone's random fives!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

1. wW vs Tangerine Dream_Real Love - wESwALLACE
2. Ranma 1-2 OAV Opening / I have no Idea how that ended up on my Hard Drive.
3. Under the Boardwalk - Otis Redding / I thought I only had the Tom Tom Club version.
4. Rolling By - Robert Earl Keen Jr. / one of my favorite songs of all time, of all time.
5. A Passage to Bangkok - Rush / They have to be the best band that I've been exposed to that I never really liked.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I tend to go more for the sound of the song, rather than what it's saying, so a lot of songs that I listen to tend towards soundtracks of stuff with a lot of instrumentals. there are, of course, exceptions... *grins*
I could not agree more. I never know the lyrics to most songs I listen to. Vocals are just another instrument and generally, I don't give a spit about what's being said.

RANDOM SHUFFLE OF TODAY!

1. Make it Wit Chu - Queens of the Stone Age. Rad boning music.

2. Dead Angels - VAST. Ah, VAST, smooth, folky, electronica. Some nice acoustic on this album.

3. Cold Turkey (Shadows of the Damned OST) - Akira Yamaoka. Silent Hill will not be the same without Yamoaka's touch. Shadows of the Damned had an AWESOME soundtrack.

4. Set Me Free - Velvet Revolver. Ehhh, I still like it. Not as much as I used to.

5. Auto Pilot - Queens of the Stone Age. I swear I have more than Queens on my iPod. Random is random sometimes. This one takes me back to being a fat, loser stoner about a decade ago. Those were good times.

I have 2320 songs and 9.9 days of material.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Today's shuffle:
The Blues Brothers- Peter Gunn Theme Walk around with this playing on your iPod, feel badass.
Purpleman- Daddymix A more traditional ska song, almost rocksteady or reggae really. Again, not available on Youtube. Here's another song by the same artist though.
Elvis Costello- The Loved Ones Elvis Costello doesn't get enough credit these days.
Less Than Jake- Help Save the Youth of America From Exploding and now we've returned to all that third wave ska that defined my previous shuffle.
The Planet Smashers- Opportunity Planet Smashers remain a nostalgic favourite for me from high school. Their stuff is a little immature maybe, but its damned fun to dance to. Also, more third wave ska.

ElJuski

ElJuski

A Kiss Is Not A Contract- Flight of the Conchords
Sci-Fi Wasabi- Cibo Matto
Run- Supergrass
Love Comes in Spurts- Richard Hell & The Voidoids
In The Pines- Lead Belly

Surprisingly good shuffles, for what it's worth. Sometimes, when I've got all my music up, the results can be... alarming.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Mozart - Piano Concerto No. 20 in D Minor - Really glad this came on, actually. Mozart makes my day.
Scissor Sisters - The Skins - Not my favourite by them, in fact I usually skip right over it.
The Pretty Reckless - Make Me Wanna Die - Discovered this on the Kick-Ass soundtrack... It has grown on me.
The Outlaws - Green Grass and High Tides - Rock Band. Still give it a listen once in a while.
No Doubt - Panic - Eh. Once upon a time, I really liked No Doubt.

Gonna go relisten to that Mozart piece a few hundred times today, I think.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

1. Dragonborn - Skyrim original game soundtrack by Jeremy Soule (This song rules!)
2. Return of the Omen - Gears of War 2 soundtrack by Steve Jablonsky
3. Silver Bride - Skyforger by Amorphis
4. Secrets - Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken by Hammerfall
5. Hangar 18 - Rust in Peace by Megadeth

Good stuff... I'm going to listen to these right now :)

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Yellow Ledbetter - Pearl Jam
Snow (Hey Oh) - RHCP
Swagger - Flogging Molly
Daughter - Pearl Jam
Funeral March - Chopin

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

The Razor's Edge - AC/DC
Hells Bells [Live] - AC/DC
Phantom Ensemble - Zun
I Feel Fantastic - Jonathan Coulton
Sakura, Sakura - Japanize Dream - Ui-70

Spaceman Magiccat

Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around
Metallica - Sad But True
Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Opeth - The Drapery Falls
Anamanaguchi - Blackout City

Dave

Dave

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. Man, that's a song I have to get again.

Gusto

Gusto

Another day, another 4 soundtracks.

1) Nobuo Uematsu - Oppressed People (FF7)
2) Alexisonfire - Drunks, Lovers, Sinners and Saints
3) Overseer - Supermoves (Animatrix Soundtrack)
4) Red Carpet Extend-o-matic - Kyle Gabler (World of Goo Soundtrack)
5) Dawn's Ballet - Christophe Beck (Once More with Feeling Buffy Soundtrack)

Dave

Dave

Here's my list:

Passive - A Perfect Circle - First heard this in the movie Constantine but didn't know what it was. It came up on my Pandora one day and I immediately recognized it and fucking love it.
The World Glow - Fallen Empire - Hell yeah! An Espy tune!
Lucy September - The Dream Academy - One of my all time favorite groups. They had a grand total of 3 albums before breaking up. They are considered one hit wonders because of Life in the Northern Town.
My World - Sick Puppies - Love these guys. I like All the Same better, but this one is good.
Diggin' on James Brown - Tower of Power - Only ToP song I own. Not sure why.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Simian Mobile Disco - Sleep Deprivation
Deathklok - Blood Ocean
Ozone - Dragostea Din Tei
Warcraft 2 - Alliance music 2
Dweezil Zappa - Losing my High (Megas XLR Soundtrack Collection)

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

It pleases me to no end to see a few Dethklok songs popping up in these lists... :D

GasBandit

GasBandit

It pleases me to no end to see a few Dethklok songs popping up in these lists... :D
I've got their entire discography on my droid - so they come up on shuffle pretty damn often, as I only have 1 or 2 songs by any given other artist.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

From my phone, and a much smaller playlist, 685 songs.

Only You Remain - MercyMe, Generous Mister Lovewell
Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne, Essential Ozzy Osbourne
Digital Man - Rush, Signals
Crowd Chant - Joe Satriani, Super Colossal
The Clansman - Iron Maiden, Essential Iron Maiden

makare

lol my next one is really funny

Chipmunk Adventures Sdtk- Off to see the world
Rob Zombie- Dragula
Atomic Kitten Mulan 2 sdtk- I wanna be like other girls
The Ramones- I wanna be sedated
Beastie Boys- Fight for your right

Krisken

Krisken

I admit, that is not a set of songs I expected you to listen to makare.

makare

well not at one time....

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

I only have one song on my phone.. Banana Phone

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

What a Feeling - Irene Cara (Don't you judge me..)
Courage, Robert - Meg & Dia (I wonder whatever happened to them. I quite liked them.)
Another Bag of Bricks - Flogging Molly (Ah, so glad one of their songs came up - they're my favorite as of right now.)
Timeless Winter - Into Eternity (Wow...I'm not even sure....what's going on. Why ipod why?? I guess thats what I get for purchasing Take Actions.)
Wake - Linkin Park

This is kind of to much fun, I don't know if I can stop myself from posting more....:hide:

BErt

Day 2 Shuffle:

Personal Jesus - Johnny Cash
They'll Need a Crane - They Might Be Giants
Paper Thin Walls - Modest Mouse
Mad Lucas - The Breeders
Very Rare - Jon Spencer Blues Explosion

Much happier with today's shuffle...I think it's a better picture of what I usually listen to. Some of the albums in my first go haven't been played in like a year or two.

Espy

Espy

Here's my list:

Passive - A Perfect Circle - First heard this in the movie Constantine but didn't know what it was. It came up on my Pandora one day and I immediately recognized it and fucking love it.
The World Glow - Fallen Empire - Hell yeah! An Espy tune!
Lucy September - The Dream Academy - One of my all time favorite groups. They had a grand total of 3 albums before breaking up. They are considered one hit wonders because of Life in the Northern Town.
My World - Sick Puppies - Love these guys. I like All the Same better, but this one is good.
Diggin' on James Brown - Tower of Power - Only ToP song I own. Not sure why.
Awwwwwwwwwwwww yeah. Dave's bringing the Fallen Empire love. :D

My list this AM:

The Day the Whole World Went Away (Still Version) - Nine Inch Nails - Beautiful track. Subdued and quiet with haunting vocals.
Schism - Tool - It's Tool, it's complicated, it's long, it breaks normal pop-song convention and it's awesome.
Tyler - Toadies - A good old fashioned Texas Southern Grunge Rock band writing a song about the town I lived in ages ago. Awesome song, great album.
Little Sister - Queens of the Stone Age - Great track by a great band. If you ever hear need a song to drive down the highway to this is your tune.
Minerva - Deftones - Not my favorite Deftones track but it's the best on their self-titled album, which is my least favorite Deftones album.

Dave

Dave

Today's list:

The Captain - Ingram Hill - This is an interesting group. They had a sort of hit called Almost Perfect but nothing really more than that. And I really like them. Pretty mellow group in the same style as Toad the Wet Sprocket or Vertical Horizon.
A Long December - Counting Crows - Great song! One of the few Counting Crows songs my wife actually likes. She hates Adam's whiny voice.
She's a Rebel - Green Day - One of my least favorite songs from the American Idiot LP. Which of course means I like it a lot, just not as much as others.
Be My Yoko Ono - Barenaked Ladies - GREAT SONG! Man, I love BNL.
So. Cal - Steven Page - Former lead singer of BNL has a couple solo albums. This is the best song from one of them. Here's him singing it live at a Borders.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Let's have another List!

What the Water Gave Me- Florence and the Machine : One of her best songs off her new album...sadly, I'm only really liking two songs off the new CD where i loved almost every track off Lungs.
Witch of the West Mooreland- Stan Rogers : A good story with a epic feel. I really like the folk feel.
The Time of the Season - Big Blue Missile: This is from the Austin Powers soundtracks and I still love this song...even if it is a cover.
Asura - Deadsy: If you don't know Deadsy I can't explain them well. Fronted by Chers son Elijah Blue I must find them to be strange and interesting to listen too.
Straight to Video- MSI: I dark, dark song by a fucking hyper active band. Love it!

Gusto

Gusto

1) Two Breton En Dro's - Paddy Gone Wild, a Tinwhistler song!
2) Move Along - All-American Rejects
3) From Wharf to Whales - Darren Korb (Bastion Soundtrack)
4) Prelude - Rob Dougan
5) Song of Prayer - Ixion - Nobuo Uematsu (FFX Soundtrack)

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Il Tramanto - Ennio Moricone - Kill Bill Volume 2
Show Business (Live Australia 1875) - AC/DC - The Family Jewels
Playing With Girls - AC/DC - Fly on the Wall
??????~Til When? - UI-70 - ????~Deadly Dancing Butterfly
Bold as Love - Jimi Hendrix - 1989 - The Essential Jimi Hendrix

Dirona

Dirona

No Man's Woman - Sinead O'Connor
Finale - Wicked Soundtrack
Dragging On - Blue Rodeo (woo! Canadian content!)
Ave Maria - Beethoven
Who'll Stop the Rain - CCR

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

1061 songs 3 days
Push - Matchbox 20
All by myself- Eric Carmen
Devils Night - D 12
To the Fallen Hero - God Forbid
Nymphetamine - Cradle of Filth

Yeah, my taste is very strange at times. The ride to work this morning went form Kasey chambers to Hilltop hoods to Cradle of filth to Skrillex. Variety is the spice of life yo!

figmentPez

figmentPez

And a fresh shuffle:

1. Shepherd's Paradise - ApologetiX
A parody of Gangster's Paradise. Not one of my favorite ApologetiX songs, but not one of their worst either. I skipped listening to it again. (A much more effective parody is Meshach, aping "Love Shack" by the B-52s)

2. Achilles Last Stand - Led Zeppelin
At first the name of this song didn't click in my head, but listening to it I recall it now. Not one I'd list as a favorite, but I'm happily letting it play. Not many songs can stretch to 10 minutes without overstaying their welcome, but I rarely get bored or fatigued by longer Zep tunes.

3. PotatOS Lament - Portal 2 Soundtrack
I loved Portal 2, but I don't listen to the music much. It's good, but it hasn't drawn me in for regular use. This track is haunting and beautiful.

4. The Beggar Who Gives Alms - downhere
From one of my favorite groups, for some reason I'm always tempted to skip this song, but if I let it play I'm glad I did. The emotion and harmony on this song are gorgeous, and it lifts my heart to hear it.

5. The Friendly Demon Song - Jared Emerson Johnson / Sam & Max: Ice Station Santa
Hahaha! I think this one makes this such a bizarre mix. It's a parody of Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer, from a video game soundtrack. As a plot device, it's pretty funny, but on it's own I find it a little grating. The demon it summons in the game, Shambling Corporate Presence, is hilarious.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

My Way - Frank Sinatra
Last Saskatchewan Pirate - Captain Tractor
Mamma, I'm Coming Home - Ozzy Osbourne
Turn Back Time - Cher
Jingle Bell Rock - Hillary Duff

Dave

Dave

I'm not judging....okay I am.

JINGLE BELL ROCK?!?

HILLARY DUFF?!?!?!?

makare

Hillary Duff's christmas music is surprisingly entertaining.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Vanderveen - Weekend full of weekends
Groove Coverage - 21st Century Digital Girl (Ted Stevens Series of Tubes remix)
Micro Chip League - New York
The Killers - Somebody Told Me
Judas Priest - Loch Ness

Krisken

Krisken

Ok, new day, new list

1. Please Please Please- Fiona Apple- I love Fiona Apple. This is off the Extraordinary Machine album.

2. Lets Go Dancing- Drivin 'N' Cryin- I adore this song, and to be honest, the Fly Me Courageous album, which completely took me by surprise. Long this album sat unlistened to in my collection and all of a sudden I tried it again. I was blown away.

3. The Day that Came and Went- The Caulfields- 90's alternative band that had one song that kinda hit the radio for a short bit. I like the song but don't listen to it as much as some of their other songs. After two albums the band broke apart.

4. Shock- Fear Factory- Hah, I was wondering when a FF song would show up! Some of the best heavy shit out there. Burton C. Bell has a fantastic singing voice... when he sings. I think that's what I like about this song, really. Great transition from screaming metal to singing.

5. Baby You Rich- The Mighty Blue Kings- I have no idea why I like this band. Totally not my normal style. Big band from the Chicago area. Seriously, check them out. Youtube didn't have this song, but has a great live version of Don't Let Go.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Some Kind of Blue- Deadmau5
Komakino- Joy Division
Black-Eyed- Placebo
Hands in the Air- Girl Talk
Un Dernier Por la Vierre (Pour la Route) - Beirut

Placebo, blech, kind of gross.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I'm really enjoying this, interesting to see what range of music people listen to.

Love Walks In - Van Halen
The Razors Edge - AC/DC
In You - MercyMe
Running Free - Iron Maiden
Come Sail Away - Styx

General Specific

General Specific

I kinda like this, so I'mma run another 5 right now. No youtube links this time because you guys are seriously lazy if you can't look up your own videos.

1) Killer Queen - Queen

2) Calm Like a Bomb - Rage Against the Machine

3) I am a Rock - Simon & Garfunkel

4) Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton

5) Angel Dance - Robert Plant & the Band of Joy

BErt

I liked most of General's list, so I ran a third one:

Calm Like A Bomb (Live) - Rage Against the Machine... HAND TO GOD this was a new shuffle after I caught up with this thread!

In My Life - Johnny Cash...I mostly like Johnny Cash's old stuff, but American IV was a great album.

Robot Parade - They Might be Giants...Not my favorite, but I love both of the Dial-A-Song albums.

The Air - Modest Mouse...again, not my favorite song, but from one of my favorite bands.

Favorite Things - Me First and the Gimme Gimmes...Ugh. From my least favorite Gimme Gimme albums, but I guess I have to claim it.

This is an awesome game Krisken! It's fun seeing what everyone ends up with over time...

Vagabond

Vagabond

From yesterday.

鷺巣詩郎 – ヴィオラ -第三弦 調弦
SBTRKT – Sanctuary (feat. Jessie Ware And Sampha)
Queen – Bicycle Race
Wu-Tang Clan – Weak Spot
Blur – For Tomorrow

Today.

Cee Lo Green – No One's Gonna Love You
TV on the Radio – Crying
Oasis – The Shock of the Lightning
Queen – A Kind of Magic
Gorillaz – Clint Eastwood

What's up with all that Queen?

Espy

Espy

Still listening to my Hard Rock playlist to generate the DJ shuffle from...

Mailman - Soundgarden - From their Superunknown album, one of the best albums from that era. More on the side of metal than grunge, these guys never sounded better.
Take it All Away - Gravity Kills - A more "pop" industrial act than NIN. This album, Superstarved, is really great.
Imagine - A Perfect Circle - The only version of Imagine I can listen to without puking. Maynerd sounds amazing here.
Caligulove - Them Crooked Vultures - Power group consisting of John Paul Jones (former member of Led Zeppelin), Dave Grohl (of Foo Fighters), and Josh Homme (of Queens of the Stone Age).
Angry Chair - Alice in Chains - Great rock band. Listening to AIC really helps put a lot of current crap rock in perspective. These guys had teeth.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Make Oneself - Daisuke Ishiwatari, Koh-Ichi Seiyama
All Screwed Up - AC/DC
Bonny - AC/DC
The Jack - AC/DC
Nervous Shakedown - AC/DC

makare

goddamn I might have to start being embarrassed about this....

Waterbone- A Girl's Dream
Sammy Kershaw- Vidalia
Blood Hound Gang- Bad Touch
Ghost in the Shell- Run Rabbit Junk
The Wiggles- Fruit Salad

I'd love to play all those at a party.. but only after everyone is well and truly sloshed.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Blood Hound Gang- you and me baby aint nothing but mammals
Just to supply information you didn't ask for and probably don't care about - the name of that song is "Bad Touch," aka "The Discovery Channel song."

Aaand speaking of embarrasing, today's list:

Deathklok - Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle
Megadeth - Duke Nukem Forever theme
September - Cry For You
Scandal - Goodbye to You (how this got in there, I'll never know.)
Brainstorm - Burns My Soul

makare

Don't blame me, blame whoever labeled it in the first place ifyouknowwhatimean

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Aaand speaking of embarrasing, today's list:

Deathklok - Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle
Megadeth - Duke Nukem Forever theme
September - Cry For You
Scandal - Goodbye to You (how this got in there, I'll never know.)
Brainstorm - Burns My Soul

Awesome dude... just awesome... *salute*

GasBandit

GasBandit

Awesome dude... just awesome... *salute*
Say what you will about the game, that theme FUCKIN' ROCKS.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Say what you will about the game, that theme FUCKIN' ROCKS.

Grabbag forever dude... keep on rocking... :)

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Make Oneself - Daisuke Ishiwatari, Koh-Ichi Seiyama
All Screwed Up - AC/DC
Bonny - AC/DC
The Jack - AC/DC
Nervous Shakedown - AC/DC
Son, the sun does not rise and set on AC/DC...

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Jax

Jax

I'll give it a try... I've got a General Music folder where I keep most of it:

Alicia Keys - Where Do We Go From Here
Idiot Pilot - Retina And The Sky (Transformers OST)
Yann Tierse - La Valse Des Vieux Os (Amelie OST)
Blood Hound Gang - Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss (LOL what is thís doing here :p)
Natty - Cold Town

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

today....

Van Halen - Runaround
Night Ranger - Goodbye
Casting Crowns - Listen to Our Hearts
Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Carmina Burana
Rush - Closer to the Heart

GasBandit

GasBandit

Blood Hound Gang - Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss (LOL what is thís doing here :p)
Making you a little bit cooler, that's what. Cop a feel, Copperfield style. Abracadbra that bra. Can you pull it off?

Krisken

Krisken

My list for 1-18

1. Long Distance- Therapy?- Rock band from Ireland. They have a lot of better songs, though this one isn't terrible. I tend to prefer their earlier albums like Troublegum or Caucasian Psychosis though.

2. Shadows- Sunny Day Real Estate- Love this band. They only got better as time went on.

3. War Within a Breath- Rage Against the Machine- It's Rage- need I say more?

4. The Letter- The Box Tops- Yes, I like The Box Tops.

5. There You Go (False You)- Flick- Got this on a various artists sampler. Not sure why I haven't checked out the rest of their songs since I really like this one.

General Specific

General Specific

Today's list

1) Cat's in the Cradle - Harry Chapin

2) All Kinds of Roses - Yusuf Islam

3) Cotton Jenny - Gordon Lightfoot

4) Possum Kingdom - The Toadies

5) Modern Man - Arcade Fire

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

My 16g iPod stopped working yesterday. Just got that as a gift from the boss about a month ago. Thankfully I never trashed my olf 8g one with the cracked screen, but I miss the FM radio the new one had. Anyway;
Beck- Ramona The full band version of the song from the end credits, not the acoustic one Michael Cera sings.
Elvis Costello- Payday This is a better Elvis Costello song than the last one that came up in my daily shuffle, but still not my favourite.
Richard Cheese- Sunday, Bloody Sunday Not his best.
The Know How- In The Key of Metal Another ska instrumental that has a distinct heavy metal taste to it.
The Planet Smashers- Stupid Present A silly song about getting your girlfriend a really crappy present and begging forgiveness for it.

General Specific

General Specific

And since I like doing multiples of these a day, here's another list.

1) Until it Sleeps - Metallica

2) Moonshadow - Cat Stevens (wow, my playlist really likes Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam recently)

3) Peggy Sang the Blues - Frank Turner

4) Pictures of You - The Cure

5) I believe in a Thing Called Love - The Darkness

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Strangers When We Meet - Smithereens
How to Save A Life - The Fray
Jailbreak - AC/DC
one more time _aerodynamic - Daft Punk
Purple Rain - Tori Amos

Wow, I've not heard 4 out of 5 of these songs... I borrowed about 8 gigs from my brother a few months back, and have not made a concerted effort to hear them all.

Gusto

Gusto

1) Our Final Hym - Neverending White Lights ft. Jimmy Gnecco

2) Got Glint? - Chemical Brothers

3) Gangplank Galleon - Donkey Kong Country Soundtrack

4) The Ninth Circle - Nigel Godrich (Scott Pilgrim Soundtrack)

5) The Game Has Changed - Daft Punk (TRON: Legacy Soundtrack)

redthirtyone

redthirtyone

Submitted without comment since I'm currently at work:

Don't Disturb This Groove - The System
Deepest Blue - Deepest Blue
Push It - Garbage
Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
Sensual Seduction - Snoop Dogg

Dave

Dave

Back at work and busy as hell. Let's see if my music helps or hinders this.

1. Coming Clean - Green Day - Eh. It's okay. I like Dookie well enough.
  2. Come Sail Away - Styx - AUGH! I love this song but it's too mellow right now. I need rock, man!
  3. My Own Prison - Creed - Creed? That's still in there? And what did I say about rocking out? Come on, Google Music!
  4. Underwater - Vertical Horizon - Geez. Another great and very mellow song. Fighting back the sleep...
  5. The World Glow - Fallen Empire - More like it! And Espy appears again in my shuffle. I do love this song.
May have to go to my slacker to get away from the mellow. My slacker is a bit harder edge.

makare

This isnt too bad.

Nelly- Air Force Ones
Jon Licht- More Love
Johnny Cash and June Carter- if i were a carpenter
Indiana Jones theme
Chuck Berry- Johnny B Good

Dave

Dave

That isn't bad. Not a fan of the Nelly tune, but I could hang with that mix.

Gusto

Gusto

1) Water Wings (And Other Poolside Fashion Faux Pas) - Alexisonfire

2) Denmark - Chemical Brothers

3) The Sunshine Underground - Chemical Brothers

4) Fragments of Memories - Nobuo Uematsu (FF8)

5) Hello, I'm in Delaware - City and Colour

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

???? - UI-70
You Ain't Got a Hold On Me - AC/DC
Hard As a Rock - AC/DC
40_OpeningMovieAC.mp3 (Actual Title and Artist Unknown)
You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC

At this point, I'm wondering how much AC/DC I actually have compared to everything else.

mikerc

mikerc

another brick in the wall pink floyd
neon wilderness the verve
scott farcas takes it on the chin less than jake
cup of coffee garbage
white flag gorillaz

Go to album view right click the "album" select get info go into the options tab and there should be a media kind drop down box just change it from music to audiobook.

Krisken

Krisken

New day, new list :)

1. Misty Mountain Hop- Led Zeppelin- I used to really like Led Zeppelin. This is one of those tunes I still like.

2. Stay Away- Nirvana- Yes, I'm a product of the 90's. Still enjoy the Nevermind cd.

3. Right Wing Pigeons- The Dead Milkmen- Lol, awesome.

4. Faith Alone- Bad Religion- Against the Grain is one of my favorite BR cd's.

5. Malt Liquor Tastes Better- Less Than Jake- Freaking awesome.

I love this list.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Todays list:

Pathetique - Beethoven. I do enjoy classical every now and again.

? - ? Some random song that I have no idea what it is..a friend gave it to me on a mix CD. Lets see what google has to say. Alrighty, Birdhouse in your Soul - They Might be Giants.

Bad Boy - Cascada. Oh yes, this is so happening.

Pretty Vacant - Sex Pistols. (Psh, should've been Anarchy in the U.K..)

Not Like the Other Girls - The Rasmus

This is such a bizarre list today...wow.

Krisken

Krisken

Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch who watches over you! Make a little birdhouse in your soul...

figmentPez

figmentPez

New list for me too:

1. Love Liberty Disco - Newsboys
I like this one. It's a little cheesy, but it's so much fun.

2. All ApologetiX (parody of "All Apologies" by Nirvana) - ApologetiX
I don't even know if I've ever heard the original, but I like this one. I tend to forget just how many ApologetiX albums I have, since I don't listen to them regularly, but they're fun on occasion.

3. Come Together - Third Day
I tend to get a little bored with Third Day sometimes, since their music can be a little samey to me. I like this one, though.

4. God is Love - John Reuben
Not a bad song, and I really love John Reuben, but this one is not one of my favorites from him. It lacks some of the lyrical depth found in some of his other songs.

5. Baby Come On Home - Led Zeppelin
Robert Plant has an amazing voice, and I think this song shows it off especially well.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Rammstein - Du Hast
Skvader - Major Stryker theme song remix
The Offspring - Gotta Get Away
Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up (rickrolled by my own phone!)
Deathklok - Murdertrain a Comin' (I told you it comes up a whole lot)

Dave

Dave

Birdhouse in your Soul - They Might be Giants.
GREAT SONG!!
Added at: 18:45

or

General Specific

General Specific

1) I Can See for Miles - The Who

2) Teeth Like God's Shoeshine - Modest Mouse

3) Du Hast - Rammstein

4) Drunken Lullabies - Flogging Molly

5) Please Read the Letter - Robert Plant & Alison Krauss

fade

fade

NiN: Sin
The Eagles: The Sad Cafe
John Williams: Main Title/Approaching the Death Star
Fleetwood Mac: Big Love
Blues Traveler: The Mountain Wins Again

redthirtyone

redthirtyone

Monster - The Automatic Automatic
Yeah Whatever - Splender
Giving Up the Gun - Vampire Weekend
Stricken - Disturbed
Naked - Goo Goo Dolls

General Specific

General Specific

1) Laredo - Band of Horses

2) You Don't Mess Around with Jim - Jim Croce

3) Until it Sleeps - Metallica

4) The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonite - R.E.M.

5) Mother - Pink Floyd

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Today's list courtesy of my iphone playlist...

1. Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd (just a fun song for me)
2. Feels So Good - Van Halen
3. Wild Boys - Duran Duran (yeah, sometimes a little 80s techno rock is just what is needed)
4. Everybody Wants Some! - Van Halen (a little DLR to bridge the time before the new album)
5. East to West - Casting Crowns

The two different sides of VH in one little sample, of course you would think by most of my songs posted that I don't have the entire Rush collection in this playlist.

redthirtyone

redthirtyone

Post-lunch list:

Angry Johnny - Poe
Start Over - Abandoned Pools (Clone High FTW!!)
Rad Anthem - Rad Omen
The Con - Tegan & Sara
Suddenly Last Summer - The Motels

Gusto

Gusto

1) Setting Sail, Coming Home (End Theme) - Darren Korb, Bastion Soundtrack

2) Furious Angels - Rob Dougan

3) Wutai - Nobuo Uematsu, FF7 Soundtrack

4) Arthas, My Son (Cinematic Intro) - WoW:WotLK Soundtrack

5) If You Could Only See - Tonic

ElJuski

ElJuski

I find it fascinating that so many of you are getting repeat bands...

1) Lee Majors Come Again - Beastie Boys
2) Shooting Holes - Twin Shadow
3) 47 - Sunny Day Real Estate
4) I Gotcha - Lupe Fiasco
5) Sprawl II: Mountains Beyond Mountains - Arcade Fire

I realized after I did this that this was from my much more truncated list of A+ songs, hence the more than epic awesomeness. Boosh.

EDIT: Lololol Arcade Fire, not Mountains Beyond Mountains lololol

Gusto

Gusto

I find it fascinating that so many of you are getting repeat bands...
I've never been that big a music guy.

It's actually interesting to note that listening to everything on my computer would take a month (~31 days), and that 60 hours in I'd be out of music. The remaining 28.5 days are podcasts, which I generally prefer as ongoing background noise specifically because they last longer.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Okay, this one's a bit weird:
  1. "Sunshine Of Your Love", Cream
  2. "You Found Me", Kelly Clarkson (I have her Breakaway album on my iPod, sue me)
  3. "We Worship And Adore", from 1000 Bible Songs For Kids (Wife wanted a copy of the CD for a co-worker at her daycare, it ended up on my iPod)
  4. "Tonight The Heartache's On Me", Dixie Chicks (BEFORE Natalie Maines opened her big mouth)
  5. "Pour Me", Trick Pony

Dave

Dave

Let's see how Friday and I are going to get along, shall we?

1. One Dream - Dream Academy - Good song by a good group. Wish they'd have made more records.
  2. Give a Little Bit - Supertramp - Yes, Supertramp, not the fucking Goo Goo Dolls. They did a good enough job with it, but Supertramp is the original.
  3. Losing My Religion - REM - One of the most awesomest songs ever recorded.
  4. She Crawls Away - Hootie and the Blowfish - This is one of my favorite HatB songs. It features backups by Glen Phillips of Toad the Wet Sprocket. Excellent harmonies.
  5. I Don't Care - Apocalyptica - Love this song, but the album version is different than the released one. I actually like the released version better.
Not a bad little mix. Sorry, but no Espy this time.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Save Me - Queen
Memories of the School - Shoji Meguro
Sakura, Sakura - Japanize Dream - UI-70
Hells Bells (Promotional Clip 1980) - AC/DC
For Those About to Rock (We Salute You) [Live] - AC/DC

So almost a third of my music is AC/DC. Hm.

Dave

Dave

I like some AC/DC but good god, son!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Yeah, I don't even really listen to them that often. They just keep showing up on random shuffle due to probability.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Lolo - Trampoline
Crystal Method - Bad Stone
Carlos - The Silmarillia (4 Strings Remix)
Various - 90s dance megamix (oh dear god, how embarrasing... JUMP EVERYBODY JUMP EVERYBODY JUMP then it just goes downhill from there)
AC/DC - Rocker (heh, synchronicity is a funny thing)

Krisken

Krisken

Ok, new list for me :D

1. Double Vision: Foreigner. Er, yeah, it's ok. All the songs kinda sound the same after a while though.

2. 21st Century Digital Boy- Bad Religion. Now THAT'S more like it!

3. My Carousel- Finger Eleven. Ok, here's the thing. Their first two albums are good. No, really, they are. After that, though, they came out with that terrible song One Thing. Awful, mindless drivel. This song is from one of the good albums.

4. Illustrated Bible Stories for Children- Weakerthans. I could listen to the Weakerthans all day. This song is a little slow, but it works as a break for the faster songs.

5. Better- Helmet. Hah, I was wondering when I'd get some Helmet! Page Hamilton can do no wrong.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Seeing some others that have some kids bible songs is refreshing, I've done so many children's musicals over the years that some of them are seared on my brain.

Anyway.... today's list...

1. Dr. Feelgood - Motley Crue, one of the best songs off of their best album

2. Goodbye - Night Ranger, second time this song has appeared on a shuffle for me in this thread, I like it, it's something I can sing along with it, but twice in just a couple of days...

3. I Don't Need Love - Sammy Hagar, the Red Rocker at his solo finest.

4. When You Close Your Eyes - Night Ranger, I have 22 songs by NR in a selection of 680 and I get two of them in 5 songs... I wonder about the shuffle at times

5. Madrigal - Rush, a song from the first album that I ever bought with my own money (A Farewell to Kings, and it was on 8-track to boot) (Yes, I'm almost as old as Dave, but not quite)

General Specific

General Specific

Everyday I'm shufflin'

1) I Did It - Dave Matthews Band

2) Salty Dog - Flogging Molly

3) Rococo - Arcade Fire

4) Derezzed - Daft Punk

5) Growing on Me - The Darkness
Added at: 21:49
And immediately, I do another list of 5 since I'm going back upstairs to play more SWTOR and likely won't be back down tonight.

1) Ghosts - Laura Marling

2) Jeremy - Pearl Jam

3) I Want it All - Queen

4) Today - Smashing Pumpkins

5) Another Bag of Bricks - Flogging Molly

fade

fade

Looking for image macro stating that I feel like less of a man because my bands aren't obscure enough...

Bowielee

Bowielee

1. Realize- Colbie Caillat
2. Rock & Roll- Eric Hutchinson (I simply can't get enough of this song)
3. Rolling in the Deep- Adele
4. Space Olympics- Lonely Island
5. Viva La Vida- Coldplay (yeah, I like Coldplay, and yes, that's how you can tell I'm gay)

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I've been using shuffle to pick albums instead of tracks, so I can't play. :(

redthirtyone

redthirtyone

Some Like it Hot - The Power Station
Go Insane - Lindsey Buckingham
Rock Steady - The Whispers
Fiction (Dreams in Digital) - Orgy
Swallowed - Bush

jwhouk

jwhouk

1. "Thy Word (live version)", Amy Grant (I knew she'd end up on a list like this for me eventually. My iPod seems to like her live album, for some reason.)
  2. "Friday", Rebecca Black (Yes, I bought it don't you judge me)
  3. "The Altar And The Door", Casting Crowns (album of same name; I like the concept of a "dual" lead singer approach to their music.)
  4. "Faith", George Michael (something left over from my college days - not sure why there's no album cover on the readout, though...)
  5. "She's Waiting", Eric Clapton (That hook at the end does it for me: "Waitin' for another lover, hopin' for the time that she'll find a-no-ther...")

Gusto

Gusto

1) Mother I'm Here (Zulf's Theme) - Darren Korb (Bastion)

2) Good Morning - Kanye West

3) Surrender - Chemical Brothers

4) Out of Control - Chemical Brothers

5) Magdalena - Barnstormers

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Weak Executioner - Yuu (Blazblue Violin Version)
The Falling Military Transport - Takayasu Sodeoka (Bayonetta Soundtrack)
Track12 - Overdrive (Kira Kira BGM)
Layla [Unplugged] - Eric Clapton
If 6 was 9 - Jimi Hendrix

ElJuski

ElJuski

Words I Never Said - Lupe Fiasco
Comes & Goes - Les Savy Fav
Sure to Fall (In Love With You) - Beatles
Don't Be That Way - Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong
Human Guinea Pig - Suicidal Tendencies

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Saturday morning mix...

1. There's Only One Way to Rock - Sammy Hagar

2. O Baterista - Rush (Neil Peart's drum solo from Rush in Rio at the Rock in Rio festival)

3. God Help the Outcasts [from Hunchback of Notre Dame] - Classic Disney Heidi Mollenhauer

4. Letters to the President - Hawk Nelson

5. A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes - Classic Disney Ilene Woods

Now this list is all over the place, the two Disney songs are not my favorites, but both are good.

makare

another winner

Cowsills- Hair
Duck tales theme- wooOOO
Scorpions- Raised on Rock
Etta James- At last
Be Human- Be Human (tachikoma sdtk for Ghost in the Shell)

Krisken

Krisken

1. Dance of the Dead- Corrosion of Conformity. Not big on CoC, but I do like this song.
2. Leave- Barenaked Ladies. Really like this one. I'll be do doo'ing all day long.
3. Little Dipper- Hum. One of the best unknown bands of the 90's. Had one hit and were promptly forgotten.
4. These Eyes- The Guess Who. Meh. I really have to be in the mood for this and I don't think I am. Blech.
5. Requiem for Dissent- Bad Religion. There we go, end the list with a bang. Hard to believe these guys have been at this more than 30 years.

General Specific

General Specific

1) Missed the Boat - Modest Mouse

2) Kids - MGMT

3) King Tut - Steve Martin & The Steep Canyon Rangers

4) Welcome to the Jungle - Guns N' Roses

5) The Pot - Tool

Bowielee

Bowielee

1) "Walking on Sunshine" - Katrina and the Waves

2) "Warwick Avenue" - Duffy

3) "Womanizer"- Britany Spears (ugh, even I'm ashamed to admit I have that on here.)

4)"American Boy" - Estelle

5)"Boom Boom Pow" - The Black Eyed Peas

redthirtyone

redthirtyone

3) "Womanizer"- Britany Spears (ugh, even I'm ashamed to admit I have that on here.)
So YOU'RE the guy who bought the other 17 million copies of her albums. ;)

Someone beat me to it. I have some Britney songs in there so I was expecting to be the first. Also, might I suggest you look up the Lily Allen version of Womanizer for a change of pace. Kinda like Alanis' version of My Humps, 'cept without the video.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Actually, it's just the one song. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought it. I would make the excuse that I downloaded it for DJing purposes, but really, I was kinda into the song for a while.

redthirtyone

redthirtyone

Meh - like what you like & don't give a fuck what anybody else thinks.

General Specific

General Specific

1) Go to Sleep - Avett Brothers

2) The Great Salt Lake - Band of Horses

3) Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana

4) Man on the Moon - R.E.M.

5) War? - System of a Down

makare

I don't think ive had any pop come up yet and I listen to a lot of it.. interesting.

Instead I get HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR grow it show it long as i can grow it my hair!

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

1. Ancient Rites (Eldar Theme) - Dawn of War 2 Soundtrack. The soundtrack was free on Steam and I like sci-fi, so I figured why not?

2. Harmless Flame - Javid. It's a flamenco piece that just goes well with my home city of San Diego.

3. Maybellene - Chuck Berry. I like classic rock.

4. Sorrow - Bad Religion. Reminds me of working at the dorm. It was always on the local radio stations.

5. You Spin Me Round - Dead or Alive. I also like 80s music.

Bowielee

Bowielee

RE: Maybelline

I've often wondered if the song inspired the cosmetics, if the cosmetics inspired the song, or if they're completely unrelated.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

The Specials- Monkey Man
The Barrymores- The Way Its Supposed To Be (Link to a different song because this one's not on Youtube)
Anamanaguchi- Gideon Wrath pt II
Richard Cheese- She Hates Me (Ignore the video. I don't even know what the clips are from)
The Hotknives- Double Barrel
Shuffle started off with some seriously energetic songs today and then got pretty relaxed. Overall a good mix today, though Richard Cheese doesn't fit in too well.

makare

RE: Maybelline

I've often wondered if the song inspired the cosmetics, if the cosmetics inspired the song, or if they're completely unrelated.

I would say unrelated because Maybelline the cosmetic co came out long before Maybellene the song

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Today, Grooveshark has offered me:

"Reflections" - Mass Effect 2 OST. Like the title suggests, a reflective, contemplative piece, slow piano and synthstrings. I rather like it, in the night with no street lights around.

"Brand New Day" - Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. God, I love singing this one in traffic, complete with gestures and facial expressions. It makes people around my patrol car... nervous. *evil grin*

"Time is Running Out" - Muse. Muse is one of those bands that when I'm in the mood for them, I REALLY enjoy them. This one... it's kind of hit or miss with me, but I REALLY enjoy the build-up to the chorus. *grins*

"A Winter's Tale" - Skyrim OST. A recent addition to my Grooveshark playlist, the Skyrim OST has not yet been completely enjoyed. But this is some very nice guitar, suitable for a good ambiance play.

"Hummel Gets the Rockets" - The Rock OST. I LOVE Hans Zimmer's work, and this piece is simply fantastic. Portrays General Hummel's building frustration as he weighs his option before casting the die, then the tense moments as his unit retrieves the gas and missiles. I got this soundtrack originally from a good friend, and used to listen to it as I'd go to sleep, after I moved and left her behind, so it's something of a nostalgia piece, too.

General Specific

General Specific

1) Ant Marching (Live at Folsom Field) - Dave Matthews Band

2) Kids - MGMT

3) Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley

4) Pink Bullets - The Shins

5) Hypnotize - System of a Down

Krisken

Krisken

Oh yeah! Forgot to do a list for today...

1. Soul Man- Sam and Dave- If you do not like this song, you may not have a soul.

2. Blenderhead- Bad Religion- Ah, I was wondering when the BR would start showing up more often!

3. I Will Survive- Cake- Totally dig it.

4. Stories- Therapy?- This came from the album that directly followed Troublegum, which studio execs thought was a precursor to big things... the album flopped. More a throw-back to 80's rock than the 90's grunge style of Troublegum. Still love the cd.

5. Ovurture- Danny Elfman (The Nightmare Before Christmas Soundtrack)- Very cool end to a great list.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I love the Cake cover of I Will Survive.

Cajungal

Cajungal

1. "Bubblewrap #2", from Laundromat by Dirty Laundry. This is a fast-paced, fun song from my brother's first funk band. It's always on my workout playlist.

2. "Dance Like There's No Tomorrow," titular and final track from a wonderful album by John Ellis and the Double Wide. It perfectly wraps up an album that's full of fascinating stories. It's an album that's full of romance, humor, and fun. This track leaves you on a bouncy, fun-loving note. Great writing album.

3. "Goodbye Babylon," from Magic Potion by The Black Keys. It's always a good time for The Black Keys. I can listen to these guys any time.

4. "Axlrod," from Songs in the Key of Beotch by That 1 Guy. My brother introduced me to this guy. It's interesting and different. His guttural voice and odd lyrics are fun sometimes, but I can't always listen to this. I usually skip his songs when I'm doing something that requires concentration.

5. "A Long Walk," by Jill Scott. I love this woman's voice. She's sentimental, poetic, and sometimes positively filthy. Gotta give props to a woman who writes a poem with the line, "Wide, open wide, loose like bowels after collard greens." In this particular track, she's confessing her affection for a new beau and listing all the possible ways they can connect on what sounds like one of their first dates. It's so full of hope and excitement for that new love feeling. Jill Scott captures so beautifully the courage of someone who really believes in embracing all our emotions. Love., love, love. In fact, I think I'll listen to the whole thing right now!

General Specific

General Specific

1) Desire - U2

2) Salty Dog - Flogging Molly

3) Dandelion - Audioslave

4) Welcome Home - Yusuf Islam

5) Angel of Harlem - U2

jwhouk

jwhouk

Let's see what's on the music box today:

1. "Smile", Vitamin C ("Put a smile on your face, make the world a better place...")
  2. "Carolina Blues", Blues Traveler (God, I just LOVE the guitar work on this one)
  3. "Hey Leonardo (She Likes Me For Me)", Blessid Union of Souls (Whatever happened to this band, anyways?)
  4. "Rejoice", DeGarmo and Key (Okay, I don't remember this one)
  5. "There Will Be A Day", Jeremy Camp (I think I got this as a free D'load; Jeremy Camp isn't my cup of tea in CCM)

General Specific

General Specific

1) Basket Case - Green Day

2) No One Knows - Queens of the Stone Age

3) One Vision - Queen

4) Mr. Brightside - The Killers

5) Do You Realize? - The Flaming Lips

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

A list for a Monday...

1. Summer Song - Joe Satriani

2. Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel) - Billy Joel

3. The Camera Eye - Rush

4. Tom Sawyer - Rush

5. All of Creation - MercyMe

That was good.

Cajungal

Cajungal

1. "There's a Fine, Fine Line" from Avenue Q. Love that show. :D

2. "Here I Sit in Prison," Cowboy Mouth. I don't really like this song, but I like the album that it's on. I have trouble separating album tracks from each other... like little puppies in a litter.

3. "Watching Me," by Jill Scott, a song about how there's no privacy.

4. "I Thought I Saw Your Face Today," by She and Him. So glad my sister told me about this album!

5. "Michelle," by The Beatles. I love the bass part in this song.

figmentPez

figmentPez

1. "Jurgen's Lair Suite" - Sam & Max: Night of the Raving Dead - Jared Emerson Johnson
I love the music from Telltale Game's Sam & Max series, and this one is a particular favorite. Not as catchy as some of the more jazz inspired tunes, but this one has a haunting melody that has a nice sorrow to it.

2. "The Tower of Dawn" - Prince of Persia Sands of Time Soundtrack
Meh. Not bad, just not something that grabs me. Works well in-game, though.

3. "Only You" - FFH
FFH is one of those rare groups that are actually better to see live. As much as I like their albums, they're much better in person, and their lead singer gives a pretty good sermon as well.

4. "Your Love Pursues" - Tammy Trent
Another pick from early on in my switch to mostly Christian music, before I figured out what my tastes were. Tammy Trent has a beautiful voice, but is more light rock/pop than I prefer to listen to. This song is particularly saccharine, and I couldn't finish it.

5. "Shadowgrounds Survivor Main Theme" - Shadogrounds Survivor soundtrack - Ari Pulkkinen
It's fitting music for the atmosphere of the game. Other than that....

Krisken

Krisken

1. Paperback Writer- The Beatles.
2. Five State Drive- Less Than Jake.
3. Fuck You Aurora- Alkaline Trio
4. Jupiter- Fireside
5. Situation- Fluzee

No commentary today, just music. Totally digging the lists people are putting up!

linglingface

linglingface

Out From Under - Britney Spears
Heigh-Ho - Disney's Greatest Hits
Do-Re-Mi - Sound of Music
It's Growing - The Temptations
Afterlife - Avenged Sevenfold

Not digging this list!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Re: Vos Cerveaux - Jonathan Coulton
introduction - UI-70
War Machine - AC/DC
T.N.T. [Live] - AC/DC
ÓÄ둘S‡â¡«phantom ensemble - UI-70

Gared

Gared

The River - Garth Brooks
Hey Hot Rod - Clint Black
Song of the South - Alabama
Give Me One More Shot - Alabama
Dead Horse - Guns n' Roses

I swear I have more non-country music in my library than I do country music, but iTunes fucking loves the country music when I hit shuffle.

jwhouk

jwhouk

1. Natasha Bedingfield, "Pocket Full of Sunshine"
  2. Gary Glitter, "Rock and Roll Part II (The Hey Song)"
  3. Rush, "Mystic Rhythms (Live)"
  4. Amy Grant, "Thy Word" (For some reason, iTunes and my iPod think I like Amy Grant or something)
  5. Petra, "Adonai" (Did you know that they're back together and playing as Classic Petra now?)

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

today...

1. The Clairvoyant - Iron Maiden (as soon as you're born you're dying)

2. Same Ol' Situations (SOS) - Motley Crue (fun song for a rainy day)

3. Workin' Them Angels - Rush (one of my favorite songs from Snakes & Arrows)

4. Moving to Bohemia - Geddy Lee

5. Prayer for a Friend - Casting Crowns

General Specific

General Specific

1) Northshore - Tegan & Sara

2) Born of a Broken Man - Rage Against the Machine

3) Don't Know Why - Norah Jones

4) Fix You - Coldplay

5) The Kids Aren't Alright - The Offspring

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Cocaine - Eric Clapton

I'm Not Afraid of Life - Ramones

Couldn't Stand the Weather - Stevie Ray Vaughn

Headhunter - Front 242

Where Do I Begin - The Chemical Brothers

This is much closer to what I normally listen to.

Vagabond

Vagabond

From the way early AM when I couldn't sleep

The Mars Volta – Askepios
The Black Keys – The Lengths
The Black Keys – The Flame
Urban Knights – On The Radio
J Dilla – Hi.

Normal people hours

Gorillaz – Detroit
Fiona Apple – Extraordinary Machine
Lupe Fiasco – Shining Down
Arctic Monkeys – Fake Tales of San Francisco
The Strokes – Take It Or Leave It

General Specific

General Specific

1) Up Around the Bend - Creedence Clearwater Revival

2) I Still Believe - Frank Turner

3) The World at Large - Modest Mouse

4) My Generation - The Who

5) Wishing Well - The Airborne Toxic Event

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I ate at McDonald's today, because it was the only place with power...

and their music seemed like it came from my own playlist.

Cyndi Lauper
Depeche Mode
some pop band I did not know.
Talking Heads
The Cure

I was pleasantly pleased.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Sixpack, the mexican place I ate at today just had weather news because it was still rolling through our area.

On to the list...

1.Restless Kind - Night Ranger (a nice song, with some great harmonies)

2. My Story - Addison Road

3. Save Me - Queen (didn't I see this on somebody else's list?)

4. Message in a Bottle - The Police (just a fun song)

5. Home on the Strange - Geddy Lee (He's a Canadian outlaw...)

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Nobody else posted today...

1. For What It's Worth - Rush off of their Feedback album of cover tunes
2. When It's Love - Van Halen
3. Enter Sandman - Metallica off of the Symphony and Metallica album, I just love the combo of orchestra and rock
4. My Life - Billy Joel
5. Force Ten - Rush

General Specific

General Specific

I was just making up my list, actually.

1) You're No God - Laura Marling

2) Don't Know Why - Norah Jones

3) Will You Return? - Avett Brothers

4) Mein Herz Brennt - Rammstein

5) Modern Man - Arcade Fire

figmentPez

figmentPez

Today's shuffle:

1. "Deep End" - Newsboys
I still like this one. Happy, a little silly and, while I don't really get the lyrics, they have a nice flow.

2. "Against All Odds" - Ari Pukkinen, Shadowgrounds Soundtrack
Video game rock. It's not bad, but it's nothing terribly special like the Trine soundtrack is.

3. "Satisified" - Crystal Lewis
What an amazing voice. The lyrics are as a little trite, but the performance is not.

4. "The Sound (John M. Perkins' Blues)" - Switchfoot
I absolutely love this song. It's gritty, high energy rock and I turn the volume up whenever it comes on.

5. "Alive" - GS Megaphone
Sometimes I wonder why I bought this album. I liked one song from it ("Out of My Mind") but I bought it after my love for that song had faded. I can't say I really like most of the songs on it. This one in particular is whiny. For someone singing that they're "glad to be alive", he sure sounds like it's meant sarcastically.

Krisken

Krisken

Yup, I've been slacking.

1. Three Evils: Coheed and Cambria. That's right, I like Coheed and Cambria (well,t he first 3 cd's anyways), what of it?

2. Girl Inform Me: The Shins. Fantastic.

3. World Is Static: Jimmy Eat World. Not my favorite cd of theirs, but I like this song.

4. Maria: Rage Against the Machine. Shouldn't surprise anyone I like Rage.

5. Torn Apart: Stabbing Westward. When I was young I was huge into Stabbing Westward. I was the most angsty teenager you could have met. Just constantly pissed off about simply breathing. I've come a long way.

Well, that's it for me today.

General Specific

General Specific

1) Too Much - Dave Matthews Band

2) Don't Shut 'em Down - Flogging Molly

3) I Alone - Live

4) Paper Thin Walls - Modest Mouse

5) I'm Going Slightly Mad - Queen

(6 - Boy with a Coin, Iron & Wine)

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

1. Goodnight Saigon - Billy Joel

2. I Worship You - MercyMe

3. Vapor Trail - Rush

4. Bed Medicine - Bon Jovi

5. The Drop Off - Finding Nemo the Musical

General Specific

General Specific

1) Where the Streets Have No Name - U2

2) Eclipse - Pink Floyd

3) Crooked Teeth - Death Cab for Cutie

4) Good Times, Bad Times - Led Zeppelin

5) Back in Black - AC/DC

jwhouk

jwhouk

1. "Far Cry", Rush (From Snakes And Arrows; haven't listened to it much.)
  2. "Silent Night", Phil Vassar (free song set from Vassar's website over the holidays in 2010)
  3. "I Have Decided", Amy Grant (originally from her multi-platinum album, Age To Age)
  4. "Hofstra", Bill Cosby (from his album, Why Is There Air? from the 1960's; I LOVE THIS CUT.)
  5. "The Spirit of Radio", Rush ("All this machinery making modern music...")

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

1: 'The Approaching Curve' - Rise Against. One of my favorite songs from them.
2: 'How Do you Do' - Cascada...yeah, I've got a lot of Cascada....
3: 'Sound of Silence' - Simon and Garfunkel. They only song I have of theirs, I need more.
4: 'Pieces of Truth' - Foxboro Hot tubs. I have all of their other albums, including this little gem.
5: 'Get Me Outta Here' - Jet. Not my favorite song from them, but I love their sound to much to be disgruntled.

Dirona

Dirona

Wachet Auf (BWV 645) - Bach. Probably my favorite Bach composition, I have no idea why.
Move On Up A Little Higher - Mahalia Jackson. A friend from work introduced me to her work, I really should dig up more of it.
The Mouse - Sticks Allison. A quartet(?) from near where I grew up, the guitarist does a lot of different musical things in the region, though generally pretty small scale.
I Got It Bad (and That Ain't Good) - Nina Simone. Not my favorite peice by her, but I still like her style.
Ode to Labrador - Labrador Black Spruce. More Canadian content! I only have the one album, I'm not if they did anything more.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Bike riding list...

1. What's Your Name? - Lynyrd Skynyrd

2. Tracers - Trans-Siberian Orchestra

3. The Trooper - Iron Maiden

4. Chemistry - Rush

5. Leave That Thing Alone - Rush

Good music for part of a good ride.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

The Burial- Sheila Not Much to say. Good song.
Tenacious D- City Hall
General Rudie- Rainy Day
Reel Big Fish- We Care
The Toasters- Speak Your Mind

Man, today's mix is excellent. My favourite one so far. But I'm shocked at which bands are coming up, and how much ska is coming up in these shuffles. I definitely have a lot of it, but even so, the amount of Flogging Molly I've got on here, just for example, it defies the odds that they haven't come up in these shuffles yet.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Drifting - Jimi Hendrix
Master of Tartarus - Shoji Meguro (Persona 3 OST)
Badlands - AC/DC
Space Oddity - David Bowie
Dirty Eyes - AC/DC

BErt

Running Away - Neville Staple with his own back up band covering songs from his two big past bands.
Purple Stain - Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Ballad of Bobby and Jane - Mitch and Mickey (from the soundtrack for A Mighty Wind)
Family Tree - Ben Kweller
King of Rock - Run DMC

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I had no idea that Fun Boy Three covered Specials songs, but thats two I've seen pop up in the shuffles here.

BErt

I think Fun Boy Three was made up of former members of the Specials? I'm not positive of the timeline, but the songs are fun this album:

http://www.amazon.com/Very-Best-Specials-Fun-Three/dp/B000051JT4

I guess I could have said The Specials/Fun Boy Three but I was lazy.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

They were. Terry Hall, Neville Staple and Lynval Golding; the Specials' three vocalists. But they left the Specials after having a big blowout with Jerry Dammers, the front man and keyboardist,because they felt they were not getting enough creative control in the song writing, which is why I'm surprised to find out that they then went and covered Jerry Dammers' songs anyway.

And I actually have that album, it is neither the Specials or the Fun Boy Three though, its Neville Staple with his own back up band covering songs from his two big past bands.

BErt

Interesting, I was unaware of all that. I fixed my last post just for you :p

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Just "Neville Staple" would have sufficed, I'd think. Well done.

Mighty Mighty Bosstones- Break So Easily (Strangely, this song is not available on Youtube)
Avenue Q- What Do You Do With a BA in English?
Flogging Molly- Wanderlust
The Lonely Island- Santana DVX
Dropkick Murphys- Gonna Be A Blackout Tonight

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Wellington Sears by Slagsmalsklubben​

Dead to the World by Röyksopp​

Rest by The Temper Trap​

Golden Wings, by Bag Raiders​

Valentine by Justice​

Added at: 18:48
man, I did a "second go" but it doens't let me post it because it would merge with my previous message... wich would have more than 5 videos in it.
Added at: 18:55
all the songs that came up are kind of crappy...

BErt

Pixies - Vamos
The Clash - I'm Not Down
Rancid - Lady Liberty
John Spencer Blues Explosion - Bellbottoms
Modest Mouse - Convenient Parking

Dirona

Dirona

Princes of the Universe - Queen
Can't Buy Me Love - John Pizarelli
First of May - Jonathan Coulton
If I Should Fall From Grace with God - The Pogues
Got My Mojo Workin' - Muddy Waters

well, that was schizophrenic.

Krisken

Krisken

1. Nursing Home- Ministry. Not one of their better songs (or albums, for that matter), but not terrible.
2. Hooray For Me- Pulley. Sweet! I don't think any Pulley has turned up on my lists yet, so it's nice to see something new I like. Kind of a cross between Pennywise and Lagwagon.
3. The Big Come Down- NIN. Yup, NIN is awesome.
4. Therapy For Pain- Fear Factory. Demanufacture simply is one of the best metal albums ever produced.
5. Voice of the Voiceless- Rage Against the Machine. Yup, more Rage. I think Battle of Los Angeles is my favorite Rage album.

General Specific

General Specific

1) The Spirit of Radio - Rush

2) Chop Suey! - System of a Down

3) Tiny Vessels - Death Cab for Cutie

4) Buddy Holly - Weezer

5) Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton

jwhouk

jwhouk

Let's see what we have today:

1. "One True God", Marc Harris
  2. "These Dreams", Heart
  3. "Therapy", The Alchemist (don't ask, I don't know)
  4. "Million Voices", Barlowgirl
  5. "Here Is Our King", David Crowder

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Today's shot in the dark:

1. Rockin' the Paradise - Styx from the live Return to Paradise album.

2. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - AC/DC Love this song, used to walk around singing it all the time

3. Need You Tonight - INXS 80s music just makes me smile

4. The Wicker Man - Iron Maiden Love the guitars in this song

5. Hero of the Day - Metallica from S&M, the only Metallica album that I own

Bowielee

Bowielee

Changes- David Bowie (it's about time some Bowie poped up, seeing as it's a good 15% of my collection.

Closer- Joshua Radin (excellent ballad, I highly recommend it)

Fuck You- Cee Lo Green

Cover Me - Kathy Griffin

Bad Horse Chorus- Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog

Vagabond

Vagabond

Yesterday

Daft Punk – Sea of Simulation
Ghostface Killah – Drama
Led Zeppelin – Tangerine
The White Stripes – Suzy Lee
Sigur Rós – Olsen Olsen

Today

Clipse – Never Will It Stop
The Strokes – Fear Of Sleep
Cold War Kids – Saint John
Oasis – Roll With It
Metric – Poster Of A Girl

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Today's list:

'Sentimental Johnny' - Flogging Molly. So many good things I could say about them. Love, love.
'The Rock Show' - Blink 182. Yeah, I still like them.
'Bleach Opening - Season 1' - No clue, help? I love anime openings. I try to get as many as I can.
'Sonata in C Allegro' - Mozart. One of my favorite composers ever, behind Rachmaninoff.
'Six Feet Under the Stars' - All Time Low. Not my favorite song of theirs, and really my favorite thing about them is the band tee I got with an adorable pink dinosaur on it. So cute!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I Don't Wanna Grow Up - Ramones
Sail Away - Creedence Clearwater Revival - I have a box set of everything that they and the Pollywogs recorded... that took over my shuffle list, and the reason that I turned it off until this thread.
All the Lonely People - The Beatles
On the Outside - Oingo Boingo - probably my favorite band ever.
Let There Be Rock - AC/DC

General Specific

General Specific

1) fhqwhgads - Strong Bad

2) Trouble - Coldplay

3) Undone (The Sweater Song) - Weezer

4) Samson - Regina Spektor

5) City with no Children - Arcade Fire

So exactly how much hipster indie cred do I get from this list?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

May This Be Love - Jimi Hendrix
Flower Night [Touhou - Phantasmagoria of Flower View] - UI-70
‚k‚‰‚‚‰‚”‚…‚„@‚`‚‡‚‚‰‚ŽiƒXƒ^ƒbƒtƒ[ƒ‹‚aj - ‚P‚O
Walls - Kupek
Whole Lotta Rosie - AC/DC

One of these song titles contains characters my computer can't display. Can you guess which one?

Dave

Dave

Back at work for 1/2 day. Let's do this.

1. The Psychic - Crash Test Dummies
  2. Chicago - Ingram Hill
  3. Good Intentions - Toad the Wet Sprocket
  4. Earth Stopped Cold at Dawn - Hootie and the Blowfish
  5. Mad World - Gary Jules
Nice!

Krisken

Krisken

Lets see what a Tuesday has in store for me.

1. Blister in the Sun- Violent Femmes. Freaking awesome. Back in high school I would carpool with a neighbor guy my Junior year. I remember first hearing the Femmes and completely loving it.

2. It's a Fire- Portishead. Dummy was an amazing album and breaks through the mold of what I would normally like in music. Great song on a great cd.

3. Don't Ever Love Me- Harry Belafonte. Yup, I dig Belafonte.

4. The Middle- Jimmy Eat World. It's hard to listen to this one since it was played ALL THE TIME on the radio. I won't fault them for having success with the song since it was a long time coming, but damn there are songs of theirs I'd rather hear.

5. White Lexus- Mike Doughty. Former frontman of Soul Coughing. Great, mellow end to a pretty good list here.

Bonus 6th track- Assessment- The Beta Band. C'mon, it's The Beta Band. How could I not include it? Easily one of my top 10 favorite bands. I'm never disappointed when one of their songs comes up on the shuffle.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Today's shuffle for me:

1. "Here is Our King" - David Crowder Band
I love "A Collision or 3 + 4 = 7", it's an amazing album that pays attention to how one song flows to the next and making an experience that's not the same as listening to the songs individually. That said, I'm still having fun lending an ear to this one all by it's lonesome.

2. "It's You" - Phil Joel
Another remnant from when I was still getting to know my musical tastes. Bland-ish pop. I do have a certain fondness for Phil Joel's vocals, but he's better when he's with the Newsboys.

3. "Corinthians" - ApologetiX (parody of "In The End" - Linkin Park)
I don't think I'd ever heard the original song this parodies before today. Still, I like this one; it never feels like it's forcing a fit for the alternate lyrics. (which some ApologetiX songs do, especially when they substitute lyrics for a instrument solo.)

4. "Lost the Plot" - Newsboys
I'd forgotten how much I like this song. I went into listening to it with the memory of it being a mostly light pop thing, but this has a nice grindy edge to it that really catches my ear.

5. "Move" - remix of John Reuben by DJ Form
This one came off of an album that was all remixes of various John Rebuen songs by various artists. Most of them were either meh or decidedly worse than the original. This one is meh.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Gee, Krisken, I think my playlist caught some of your playlist:
  1. "The Middle", Jimmy Eat World - I could just rock out to this one for a while, even if it turns into an ear worm. (And "Blister In The Sun" is tres AWESOME, by the way - the Femmes remind me more of my HS days than anything)
  2. "Your Grace Is Enough", Chris Tomlin (Blame the worship leader at my old church in Waukesha for all the CT songs)
  3. "Lead Me To The Cross", Seventh Day Slumber (Take CT worship songs, add metal edge, and voila! SDS)
  4. "American Made", Oak Ridge Boys (submitted without comment)
  5. "Beer Barrel Polka", The Andrews Sisters (If you don't know why this is on my iPod, you don't know me very well.)

Krisken

Krisken

Gee, Krisken, I think my playlist caught some of your playlist:
  1. "The Middle", Jimmy Eat World - I could just rock out to this one for a while, even if it turns into an ear worm. (And "Blister In The Sun" is tres AWESOME, by the way - the Femmes remind me more of my HS days than anything)
Haha, that's great!

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Today's list...

1. I was Made for Lovin' You - KISS Disco Kiss at that.

2. Hallelujah - Tenth Avenue North

3. Prologue (Finding Nemo: The Musical) - FN:tM Soundtrack

4. Heaven Can Wait - Iron Maiden

5. What Do I Know of Holy - Addison Road

Vagabond

Vagabond

Girl Talk – Every Day
Beastie Boys – Jimmy James
Ghostface Killah – Killa Lipstick (Bonus Track)
Queen – Flash
Das Racist – Rooftop

BErt

Wrong Way - Sublime
Asterisk - Orange Range
Nobody Loves You Like Me - Jonathan Coulton
Bombtrack - Rage Against the Machine
Just Lose It - Eminem

General Specific

General Specific

1) Beautiful Day - U2

2) Cowboy Dan - Modest Mouse

3) I Gave You All - Mumford & Sons

4) Come Sail Away - Styx

5) The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonite - R.E.M.

grub

grub

1. What can I do for you? - Bob Dylan
2. Sweet Child o' Mine - GNR
3. Fly Through the Sky - The Wiggles
4. Skullcrusher Mountain - Jonathan Coulton
5. Leaning on the Everlasting Arms - College Mens Quartet that I was in

Dave

Dave

New day, new list. Should I make a video list? I think I will if I can find them!

Enigma - The Child in Us. Song is in Sanskrit. Yes, it's religious. Yes, I'm atheist. No, I don't care. I love the song.

Smashmouth - I'm a Believer - Hmm. Are we on some sort of message here today?

Breaking Benjamin - Diary of Jane - Guess the religious overtones have departed.

Crash Test Dummies - God Shuffled His Feet - From religious overtones to an atheist anthem. Interesting.

Crash Test Dummies - Ballad of Peter Pumpkinhead - And the final song is a condemnation of the religious institutions.

Just to clarify, the very next song was Fountains of Wayne - Stacy's Mom. I guess my music player wasn't trying to tell me something after all.

Krisken

Krisken

Yay, new list!

1. Radiation- Feeder. Band from the 90's that had 1 sorta hit. Still like the cd and listen to the songs regularly.
2. Defy You- The Offspring. Yup, it's The Offspring. Good stuff.
3. Underneath it All- NIN. I was surprised more NIN wasn't showing up in my lists. They seem to be making a regular appearance now.
4. Appollo- Hum. One of the best bands ever. Don't care what you say, Hum is awesome.
5. Entropy- Bad Religion. Great way to end the list :D

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Today's list, all Rush, courtesy of today being 2112 day.

1. Test For Echo - studio track, interesting analysis of what cable news has become
2. The Body Electric - studio track, a story of a machine that is trying to stay alive
3. The Spirit of Radio - one of their most classic songs of all time
4. Digital Man - I love this song
5. Mystic Rhythms - a rather peaceful song, love to listen to it

bonus track!
6. Freewill - One of my all time favorite songs "you can choose not to decide but you have still made a choice"

Been a good day.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Yay list!!!

'Do You Know Him?' - Michael Andrews, the Donnie Darko soundtrack. One of my favorite instrumental soundtracks in existence.
'You've Got to Hide Your Love Away' - The Beatles. 'Nuff said.
'Holiday' - Weezer. I like to call them Weezy just to see my husband roll his eyes and smile at me.
'Blood to Bleed' - Rise Against. I guess I didn't realize how many of their albums I have. Also, it always weirds me out because his singing (singing??) voice sounds nothing like when he talks.
'I Light My Own Fires Now' - Dashboard Confessional. Wow, this is super old...heh.

There is really...not a whole lot on this list that I've actually listened to in the past year or so.

General Specific

General Specific

4) Squeeze Box - The Who

1) Paper Thin Walls - Modest Mouse

3) Better - Regina Spektor

5) Tonight, Tonight - Smashing Pumpkins

2) My Last Song to Jenny - Avett Brothers

I got bored with the regularly ordered list, so I mixed this one up. The songs came up in numerical order, though.

jwhouk

jwhouk

1. "Bite My Tongue", Relient K
  2. "On Wisconsin! (Fanfare)" University of Wisconsin Marching Band (Nothing gets you going like the state fight song)
  3. "Jammin' Me", Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
  4. "It's A Shame", DeGarmo & Key
  5. "...Slowdance On The Inside", Taking Back Sunday

linglingface

linglingface

1. "It's Been A While" Staind
2. "Better Life" Keith Urban
3. "Long Ago" Mariah Carey
4. "Nature Boy" Moulin Rouge Soundtrack
5. "Seventy Six Trombones" Ultimate Broadway

jwhouk

jwhouk

1. "Here With Me", REO Speedwagon
  2. "Grave Robber", Petra
  3. "Wrong Impression", Natalie Imbruglia (what happened to her, anyways?)
  4. "1812", The University of Wisconsin Marching Band (You have never heard Tchaikovsky until you've heard it BADGER style)
  5. "Hallelu, Halleluljah", Saint Luke's Children's Choir (I mentioned before that I had that 1001 Bible Songs For Kids on my iPod...)

General Specific

General Specific

1) Trouble - Coldplay

2) The Road - Frank Turner

3) Awake My Soul - Mumford & Sons

4) Steady as She Goes - The Raconteurs

5) I am a Man of Constant Sorrow - O Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Gangster Politics- Mr. X
Mad Caddies- Reflections
Less Than Jake- History of a Boring Town
Elvis Costello- Little Savage (Alternate version. Surprised I can't find this on Youtube)
Reel Big Fish- Down in Flames

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

General Specific

General Specific

Video lists, eh? I'm down.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

The Agency- The Persistence of Memory a ska/ skacore band I used to see occassionally at the local shows when I was in high school. I don't think they're still together, last time I saw them play was like 8 years ago, and while they were mildly successful and pretty popular in the Newmarket punk and ska scene, it just didn't look like they were going any further than that.
Tenacious D- Explosivo
The Clash- This is England
Richard Cheese- Hate To Say I Told You So
The Vandals- My Brother is Gay

Krisken

Krisken

1. Chinatown- Jets to Brazil. 3 albums wasn't enough. Love this band.

2. Homeward Bound- Simon and Garfunkel. Don't really need a video of this one, eh? Great song.
3. I'm a Believer- The Monkeys. I think the random generator has decided on some older songs...
4. Turned Blue- Caroline's Spine. Yeah, couldn't really find a video of this one.
5. Brother's Unaware- Live. Freaking fantastic band from the 90's. Mental Jewelry is one of my favorite cd's. Period.

Dirona

Dirona

In the spirit of video-based lists:
1) It Could Happen to You - Blue Rodeo: A group from Toronto, though they sound a bit more prairie

2) Ox - Slainte Mhath: A group from Cape Breaton Island in Nova Scotia

3) Time Brings - Great Big Sea: A group based in Newfoundland

4) I'm Ready - Tracy Chapman

5) Now That I'm on My Own - Farmer's Daughter: A now defunct (I think) group from Vancouver, BC (huh, I thought they were from the prairies somewhere)

Apparently it was Canadian (folk) Content Day today! Weird.

jwhouk

jwhouk

1. "Can't Get Enough Of You Baby", Smashmouth
  2. "Delirious", Prince
  3. "Getting Better", The Beatles
  4. "Praise You In This Storm", Casting Crowns
  5. "Heavy Metal", Sammy Hagar

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

1.Best I Can - Rush (Fly By Night)
2.Jesus Just Left Chicago - ZZ Top (Rancho Texicano)
3.The Fugitive - Iron Maiden (Fear of the Dark)
4.City Boy Blues (demo version) - Motley Crue (Theatre of Pain)
5.I Don't Know (live) - Ozzy Osbourne (Essential Ozzy)

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

The Razor's Edge - AC/DC
Shake a Leg - AC/DC
Lunate Elf - Zun (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil GST)
Ibuki Stage -TWILIGHT- - Hideki Okugawa (Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike GST)
ÖñÈ¡ïwÏè¡«lunatic princess - UI-70

Krisken

Krisken

1. Dopeman- Less than Jake. I remember one day this song came on and I was bobbing my head to the tune. Out of the corner of my eye I see 3 other people bobbing their heads, one of which noticed as well. We found that to be a strange moment. No point to the story, really.
2. No Shoes- John Lee Hooker. Now this is the blues style I can listen to all day.
3. Sullivan (acoustic)- Caroline's Spine. Apparently this single is really really hard to find.
4. Head Down- NIN. Obligatory NIN song in the list.
5. Neg- Life of Agony. I love the album, Soul Searching Sun. Just completely moody and melodic.

figmentPez

figmentPez

1. "Come Thou Fount" - Mark Schultz
One of my favorite hymns, and well performed, but this contemporary version drops some of the Biblical language and symbolism, and is weaker because of it, IMO.

2. "9999999" - Portal 2 Soundtrack.
I like this one, nice atmospheric.

3. "Roy G. Biv" - Sam & Max Season 1 Soundtrack - Jared Emerson-Johnson
Something about this one rubs me the wrong way... but I think it's just that it played while I was frustrated with a puzzle in the game.

4. "Anthem [1.1 Mix]" - Superchic[k]
I am not now, nor have I ever been, a teenage girl, but I still like Superchic[k]; and this is a very iconic song for them. One of my musical guilty pleasures.

5. "Worth It" - Francesca Battistelli
Such a beautiful voice, and I love the lyrics.

jwhouk

jwhouk

1. "O For A Thousand Tongues To Sing", Bel Canto Singers (Geez, I gotta consider taking some of these kids songs on my iPod...)
  2. "Creed", Petra (If you've never heard this song, but you know what the Nicene Creed is - well, you've got about 90% of the lyrics.)
  3. "I Bring Everything", Ginny Owens (Not particularly a fan of hers - sounds too much like Nora Jones)
  4. "American Woman", Guess Who
  5. "Mercedes Benz", Janis Joplin

General Specific

General Specific

1) Moving in Stereo - The Cars

2) Wide Awake - Audioslave

3) Once - Pearl Jam

4) What Would You Say - Dave Matthews Band

5) Derezzed - Daft Punk

linglingface

linglingface

1. "Billie Jean" Chris Cornell (Loooooove this cover!)
2. "Entr'acte" Sound of Music soundtrack
3. "You Can't Always Get What You Want" Glee soundtrack
4. "7AM, 2 Bottles and the Wrong Road" Jonny Craig
5. "Over The Rainbow" Glee soundtrack

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I love Oingo Boingo. It's just so Goddamn 80's. Also Danny Elfman was kinda freaky in his music videos.

This is an amazing album. Groovy and catchy in every aspect.

This album is in my top 5 ever. It's rare for me to like every single song on one album, but these guys pulled it off. I wish the albums following were as awesome.

Lonely Island. I don't know that I need to say anything else.

Rise Against covers Journey. I love it.

Vagabond

Vagabond

General Specific

General Specific

1) With or Without You - U2

2) A Comet Appears - The Shins

3) Underwear Goes Inside the Pants - Lazyboy (Greg Giraldo standup set to music)

4) City with No Children - Arcade Fire

5) Feel the Tide (Live) - Mumford & Sons

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Hmmm...

1. Heavy Metal - Sammy Hagar

2. Mr. Roboto - Styx

3. Foolin' - Def Leppard

4. You Better You Bet - The Who

5. Eminence Front - The Who

Hadn't had any Who show up on my lists so far and now I get two today with some good 80s rock. 'Tis a good shuffle.

jwhouk

jwhouk

1. "Addicted", Kelly Clarkson (The original American Idol. Sometimes I wish they would have stopped with her.)
  2. "Too Much To Ask", Avril Lavigne (One of the bad things about ripping an entire CD to your iPod: getting the "filler" songs on an album.)
  3. "Show Don't Tell", Rush (One of their better newer songs, IMNSHO)
  4. "What A Girl Wants", Christina Aguilera (back when she was trying to be a Britney clone)
  5. "The Glory Of Your Name", Cristy Nockels & Passion band

jwhouk

jwhouk

1. "Lovers' Carvings", Bibio (believe it was part of a sampler pack - very nice instrumental.)
  2. "Here It Goes", OK GO
  3. "Run Runaway", Slade
  4. "Welcome To The Boomtown", David & David
  5. "Sweet Child O' Mine", Guns 'n Roses

Adam

Adammon

I couldn't shuffle my songs enough to get something I wasn't embarassed to post. Let's just say "John Williams" and call it even.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

@Adam, just do it man.

Today's offering of my life...

1. Uptown Girl - Billy Joel
2. Finish What Ya Started - Van Halen
3. Peace Sign - Night Ranger
4. Foolin' - Def Leppard
5. Spindrift - Rush

Adam

Adammon

*sigh*

1. Kelis - Acapella
2. KT Tunstall - Hold on
3. Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love
4. The Kooks - Always where I need to be
5. Armand van Helden & Dizzee Rascal - Bonkers

General Specific

General Specific

1) The Cave - Mumford & Sons

2) After the Storm - Mumford & Sons

3) Sister (new version) - Mumford & Sons

This is where I checked and realized that I had switched over to my Mumford & Sons playlist the last time I had itunes open, so now going back to the proper list.

4) Hero of the Day - Metallica

5) Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton

Krisken

Krisken

Been a while since I posted (good on ya Adammon for taking the leap :D )

1. Tainted Love- Marilyn Manson. Meh. I've never been a big Manson fan, and now that I'm getting older I'm finding the songs kinda boring.
2. Spinning Wheel- Blood Sweat and Tears. Heh, weird after the Manson song I can say I love this song. For some reason not boring.
3. Ten Minutes- The Get Up Kids. I like this one enough to put it on my 2 gig MP3 Player.
4. Spark- Tori Amos. Well, about time! I have roughly 5 Tori discs and I'm not even sure it's ever come up. I think her earlier albums were better, but I still really like this song.
5. Three O'Clock Blues- B.B. King and Eric Clapton. I love me some blues.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Necroing this thread because I miss it:

1) Lollipop- Mika- Life in Cartoon Motion
2) Back to the Palace- Original Broadway Cast- Into the Woods
3) Any Moment/Moments in the Woods - Original Broadway Cast- Into the Woods
4) No More - Original Broadway Cast- Into the Woods
5) Master of the House- Original London Cast- Les Miserables

I have no idea why it leaned so heavily on one album.

Hylian

Hylian

GasBandit

GasBandit

I don't think I've changed my music since the start of this thread.

1) Dethklok - Murdertrain a Comin'
2) Robert Miles - One and One
3) Metallica - The Memory Remains
4) Tilt - Rendezvous
5) ATB - Ecstasy

Huh.. I've sure got a lot of club music.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Dir en Grey - Clever Sleazoid
Kirby's Dream Collection Soundtrack - Iceberg Ocean
Gackt - Mizerable
Lufia II Soundtrack - Battle Theme 1
Maximo Park - Russian Literature

Vagabond

Vagabond

Queens Of The Stone Age - River in the Road
The Shins - Girl on the Wing
Rage Against the Machine - Revolver
Homestuck - Cumulating Dreams
Nujabes - A Day By Atmosphere Supreme

Oooh that homestuck one is my secret shame. No one irl can ever know. Also this shuffle was pretty fucking bland honestly.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Metallica - Creeping Death
The Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring - The Black Rider
Guns and Roses - You could be Mine
The Piano Guys - Arwen's Lament
Mass Effect 2 - Revelations

Damn, that's a good 5 random songs! Love it. This is out of 2263 songs.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Ramonetures beyond and back. This is not the song, but it will give you the idea..

set to 240

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Cough Syrup - Young the Giant
Young Folks - Peter Bjorn and John
Dare - Gorillaz
Moar Ghosts n Stuff - DeadMau5
Happy Bivouac - The Pillows

Krisken

Krisken

Nice necro! Always enjoyed this thread.

Sunny Day Real Estate- The Ocean
Green Day- Nice Guys Finish Last
The Spencer Davis Group- Gimme Some Lovin' (best version of this song evah)
Caroline's Spine- Nothing to Prove
Face to Face- Private Hell

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Summer Song - Joe Satriani
Dream Warriors - Dokken (1 of 3 Dokken songs on the machine...)
Eddie's Comin' Out Tonight - Night Ranger
Legs - ZZ Top
Use It or Lose It - Motley Crue

That's from my work mix.

Vagabond

Vagabond

Justice - Phantom, Pt 2
Death - Where Do We Go From Here. The protopunk band, not the more well known metal one.

Passion Pit - The Reeling
Massive Attack - Angel
Clipse - Chinese New Year

3,631 songs on this iPod.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

V - The Stand (Man or Machine) - The Protomen
Smile - Lily Allen
One-Winged Angel - Distant Worlds
Ocarina Medley - Hyrule Symphony
No Place Like London - Sweeny Todd soundtrack

General Specific

General Specific

Big Eyed Fish (Live @ Boulder, Co.) - Dave Matthews Band
Welcome to Paradise - Green Day
Hold on to What You Believe (Live ) - Mumford & Sons
Once We were Anarchists - Frank Turner
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - Daft Punk

Bowielee

Bowielee

Justice - Phantom, Pt 2
Death - Where Do We Go From Here. The protopunk band, not the more well known metal one.

Passion Pit - The Reeling
Massive Attack - Angel
Clipse - Chinese New Year

3,631 songs on this iPod.
Passion Pit, man, I thought no one listened to them. I try to introduce people to them and they are generally hated by everyone I have listen to it.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Madness - Muse
Sail - Awolnation
Read my Mind - The Killers
Fell in Love with a Girl - White Stripes
Beverly Hills - Weezer

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I never heard the song Muse, by Madness...

Adam

Adam

Young - Tulisa
It Girl - Jason Derulo
Only the Horses - Scissor Sisters
Tonight I'm Loving you - Enrique Iglesias feat. Ludacris
Too Close - Alex Clare

Shakey

Shakey

Gram Parsons - $1,000 Wedding
Audioslave - Light my way
Drive by Truckers - Somethings got to give pretty soon
Simon and Garfunkel - I am a rock
Neil Young - War of Man

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

1) Schizm - Tool
2) We're All to Blame - Sum 41
3) Itchin' on a Photograph - Grouplove
4) The Slaughter - John Frusciante
5) Read My Mind - The Killers

linglingface

linglingface

Well this is an interesting mix...
1) Nevermore - Beyond Within
2) My Fair Lady - I Could Have Danced All Night
3) Chris Cornell - Pillow Of Your Bones
4) Mandy Moore - Merrimack River
5) Guys & Dolls - Take Back Your Mink

Bowielee

Bowielee

I still love this thread

1) I Want to Break Free - Queen
2) March of the Witch Hunters - Wicked Original Broadway cast
3)
Javert's Suicide : Soliliquy
(spoilered due to movie) Song by Javair - Les Miserables original London Cast
4) Any Moment/Moments in the Woods - Into the Woods original Broadway Cast
5) Another One Bites The Dust - Queen

Yet another Showtune-tastic playlist.

Krisken

Krisken

1.) Go Speed Racer Go- Sponge Got this off a compilation of saturday morning cartoons. Dig it still.
2.) The Thin Ice- Pink Floyd Recently Pink Floyd has seen a resurgence in my music selection. I'm ok with that.
3.) Go Your Own Way- Seaweed Cover of the Fleetwood Mac song off the Clerks soundtrack.
4.) The Better Half- The Get Up Kids Wow, haven't listened to this in ages.
5.) Smasher/Devourer- Fear Factory I have to give the list this much, it's diverse. Nothing like a little metal to close out the random five songs.

I still love the thread too, Bowielee :)

Bowielee

Bowielee

I swear to god that I do have more music than just Musicals on my iTunes.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Fire Woman - The Cult
There She Goes - Sixpence None the Richer
Love You Madly - Cake
Chelsea Dagger - The Fratellis
Around the World - Daft Punk

Krisken

Krisken

I always approve of Cake.

Shakey

Shakey

Bowielee

Bowielee

I refuse to let this thread completely die.

1) My Evil Twin- They Might Be Giants: Apollo 18
2)Storybook Love- Mark Knopfler: Princess Bride Soundtrack
3) Stay With Me - Bernadette Peters: Into the Woods Original Broadway Cast
4)Body Language- Queen: Queen's Greatest Hits
5)Changes- Davide Bowie: Hunky Dory

This playlist is probably the most representative of my musical tastes overall that I've had.

Shawn

Shawn

1) Viva La Vida - 2 Cellos.
If you haven't heard of these guys you really need to hear their version of Smooth Criminal. When my wife and I had our Steampunk wedding I wanted a bunch of their songs on the DJ's playlist.

2) Will I? - Ian Van Dahl
This is one of my first introductions to Trance music. I still love it today.

3) Monster - Skillet
Gawd I love this song.

4) What have you done - "Within Temptation"
Gawd I love this song too.

5) The Howling - "Within Temptation"
LISTEN NOW!

evilmike

evilmike

The Boogie Bumper by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Concerto No. 5 in E-Flat Major for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 73, "Emperor": II.
L'italiana in Algeri (The Italian Girl in Algiers): Overture: Andante - Allegro
Wagner_Lohengrin - Bridal Chorus
Jane & Zoe / Final battle by David Newman (from the Serenity Soundtrack)

Krisken

Krisken

Rainer Maria- I'm Melting! Well, this is from the phase where I was just buying music because I was young and had excess money burning a hole in my pocket. Not terrible, but probably wouldn't go out of my way to look for it these days.

Dishwalla- The Feeder Got this from a friend of mine. Still like the album.

Nirvana- Pennyroyal Tea I wasn't a big fan of In Utero as an album when it came out, but more and more I've been enjoying it over the years.

Staring Back- Many Will Play, Few Will Win Great song I got from a compilation by floppy cow records. Some of my favorite cd's are compilations, and this one has a lot of great gems on it.

Face to Face- Private Hell Some old school punk. These guys have stuck to their roots even to this day. When so many other bands have refined their sound to a point of being over produced, these guys keep it nice and dirty, just like punk should be.

That's my 5 for today.

linglingface

linglingface

Lila McCann - Lost In Your Love Whoa, I still have Lila McCann? Cool.

Backstreet Boys - As Long As You Love Me I still super love BSB and had a mini freak-out when Glee performed BSB/N'SYNC last week. <3

Skrillex - Do Da Oliphant

Christina Aguilera - Loves Embrace

MC Frontalot - First World Problems Frontalot will always make me think of SDCC 2011! <3 TGG's Nerdcore Night at the Ruby Room <3

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

The Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger
Silversun Pickups - Lazy Eye
Barenaked Ladies - One Week
Tom Petty - Free Fallin'
The Bravery - Believe

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Jonathon Coulton - Tom Cruise Crazy
Pendulum - Encoder (This whole album is fucking magnificent, been listening to it nonstop for weeks)
Gackt - Soleil
Symphony of Science - The Case for Mars
The Police - So Lonely

And because I can, here's the next 5.

Tenchi Muyo! OST - Light Hawk Wing Sword
Faith No More - War Pigs
All That Remains - Not Alone
Dr. Horrible - A Man's Gotta Do
Hans Zimmer - Two Hornpipes (Tortuga)

Krisken

Krisken

Face to Face- Ordinary Love this song. Great stuff.

Badly Drawn Boy- You Were Right Another great song. If you like Brit pop songs, Badly Drawn Boy is a definite must to check out.

The Dead Milkmen- Serrated Edge "I don't piss I don't shit I don't get no relief, people shake their heads in disbelief!" Love it. Totally awesome band.

The Rascals- Good Lovin' Freaking cool :) Absolute classic. I always feel great after hearing this song, much like "Walking on Sunshine". Definite feel good song.

Sunny Day Real Estate- The Shark's Own Private Fuck Excellent song! The cd this song is on is one of the most interesting cd's I've ever owned. Listening on headphones is the best way to enjoy it.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I love the Dead Milkmen. I used to own every single one of their albums. It's a shame that pretty much the only one that most people know is Punk Rock Girl. They're like the sex pistols, but with a sense of humor.

Cajungal

Cajungal

1. Poppa Oh Poppa, by The Figs

2. Domino, by Aphex Twin

3. Blind Love, by Tom Waits

4. Life Support, from RENT

5. Vancouver, Detriot, and Bears, from Eugene Mirman's album _God is a 12-Year-Old Boy with Asperger's_

linglingface

linglingface

Of All The Gin Joints In All The World - Fall Out Boy

Taxman - The Beatles

Dirty Laundry - Lisa Marie Presley

Bad Reputation - Joan Jett & The Blackhearts

Scar - Ayumi Hamasaki

Bowielee

Bowielee

1) Everything You Ever - Neil Patrick Harris: Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog

2) Erase - Mika: Life in Cartoon Motion

3) The Bewlay Brothers - David Bowie: Hunky Dory

4) The Attack - Les Miserables Original London Cast

5) Poor Unfortunate Souls - Ursula: The Little Mermaid

Dave

Dave

1) Everything You Ever - Neil Patrick Harris: Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog

2) Erase - Mika: Life in Cartoon Motion

3) The Bewlay Brothers - David Bowie: Hunky Dory

4) The Attack - Les Miserables Original London Cast

5) Poor Unfortunate Souls - Ursula: The Little Mermaid
Oddest list ever. ;)

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

1: Blue Man Group - Up on the Roof
2: Def Leppard - Bad Actress
3: Ozzy Osbourne - Diary of a Madman
4: Casting Crowns - Stained Glass Masquerade
5: Rush - The Way the Wind Blows (live)

linglingface

linglingface

I See Your Face Before Me - Diana Krall

Before U Go Tomorrow - One Vo1ce

Santa Baby - Madonna
(Oops, Christmas music! <3)

What Happened To U - Usher

Radio, Radio - Elvis Costello

Frank

Frank

Born Depressed - Drill Queens
Knights of Cydonia - Muse
Go into the Water - Dethklok
She - Akira Yamaoka
Hangin' Tree - Queens of the Stone Age

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Strago - Final Fantasy VI Piano Collection
Junk Man - Mega Man 7 OST
Christmas is Interesting - Jonathan Coulton
The Kiss - Aladdin OST
The Touch - Stan Bush (YOU GOT THE POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, YEAH)

Bowielee

Bowielee

1) Walking On Broken Glass- Annie Lennox: Diva

2) Shine a Little Love- ELO: Essential ELO

3) I wanna Be Like You (The Monkey Song)- King Louie: Jungle Book Soundtrack

4) Sweet Transvestite- Tim Curry: Rocky Horror Picture Show Motion Picture Soundtrack

5) Christmas Bells- Original Broadway Cast: Rent

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Wonderless - Pierce the Veil
Zak and Sara - Ben Folds
Help is on the Way - Rise Against
Harvest - Final Fantasy V Piano Collection
Brusher Patrol - Bastion OST

Krisken

Krisken

Nirvana- Lake of Fire- One of the greatest cd's ever made. fuck off if you disagree. Nirvana Unplugged should be in every record collection.
Morphine- Sharks- Jesus, this song is a major point in my life. My friend Andy (who has passed away 10 years now) introduced me to this band. He used to say "if we agree on a song, it's set in stone fact as being good". I miss that guy so much. Fuck.
'Drivin N Cryin- Together- An excellent cd. It took me by surprise as I knew Fly Me Courageous and The Innocent, but the rest of the songs I thought were meh until years later. Such a great cd.
Ruby Tuesday- The Rolling Stones- Fuck off, I like the classic stuff too!
Last- NIN- holy shit, one of the rockinest songs ever made. Just fantastic. If you disagree, go drown yourself in the tub. Just do yourself the favor and forget there is good music out there as you couldn't recognize it if it was pumped directly into your ear hole.

Bowielee

Bowielee

1) Andy Warhol- David Bowie: Hunky Dory

2) Another Day- Original Broadway Cast: Rent

3) Another One Bites the Dust- Queen: Greatest Hits

4) Any Other World- Mika: Life in Cartoon Motion

5) As Long As You're Mine- Original Broadway Cast: Wicked

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Don't Stop Me Now - The Protomen (Queen cover album, the guy's the best at singing Freddie I've ever heard)
The Day the World Revived - Chrono Trigger OST
Who Can It Be Now? - Men At Work
If You Don't, Don't - Jimmy Eat World
Ring Man - Mega Man 4 OST

Krisken

Krisken

Love Men At Work, CK.

Street Carp- The Deftones
Hero In His Own Mind Part 2- Space Ghost Coast to Coast
Clown- Korn
Control- Tracy Lords
Union Blood- Rancid