[MMO] Final Fantasy XIV (we get to be cats!)

Make it rain event coming to the gold saucer. As someone who spends an absurd amount of time at the saucer, I want this playing when I walk in the hall that week:

Then there's an NPC girl you take them to IIRC. But you may be past this already, it's been 24 hours.
I went during the day and tried getting there from town rather than where I last saw her. No problems, and I’m further along now.

I also unlocked and completed three alliance raids for Moogle Books.

Any good "how to get into crafting" guides out there? I have a 19 weaver from way back when, and all I remember is an insane number of subcombines, and not being able to actually find all my raw materials in one easy place. Had me running all over Ul'dah to find crap. Any guide that says "you need 20 BLAH from HERE, and 10 BLAH from HERE" would be great to reduce running around.

Any good "how to get into crafting" guides out there? I have a 19 weaver from way back when, and all I remember is an insane number of subcombines, and not being able to actually find all my raw materials in one easy place. Had me running all over Ul'dah to find crap. Any guide that says "you need 20 BLAH from HERE, and 10 BLAH from HERE" would be great to reduce running around.
This will get you from 1-15.

You can get to WVR 15 in less than an hour if buy some Company-issue Engineering Scroll and complete your Crafting Log. The GC Scrolls, these can be bought from your GC’s supplier NPC. Below is a list of items needed to complete your crafting log from L1: Hempen Yarn – L15: Cotton Shepherds Slops.

Buy the following items:

• 62 Wind Shard
  • 77 Lightning Shard
  • 94 Undyed Hempen Cloth
  • 74 Hempen Yarn
  • 24 Undyed Cotton Cloth**
  • 21 Leather
  • 11 Cotton Yarn*
  • 9 Animal Sinew
  • 9 Straw
  • 7 Hard Leather
  • 6 Copper Ingot
  • 4 Moko Grass
  • 3 Cock Feather
  • 2 Cotton Boll
  • 2 Bronze Rivet
  • 1 Bronze Ingot
  • 1 Beast Sinew
  • 1 Carnation

The above Items can MOSTLY be found in the WVR Guild Supplier + Ul’dah Tradecraft Merchant.

The only other NPCs you need to buy from are these:

• ALC Guild Supplier (Ul’dah) – Cotton Yarn*
  • BSM / ARM Guild Supplier (Limsa) – Undyed Cotton Cloth**

After completing the shopping list above, activate your scroll and be 15++ quick!
After that... use this guide. Past 15, you ether need to get ingredients from the Market Board or go out and get them yourself. Some stuff can be bought from the ARR Beast Tribes (Sylphs, Kobolds, Amalja) once you've unlocked them (getting favor from them can unlock more) and this will USUALLY be cheaper than the marketboard but not always. But anything else will ether need to be gathered from Botany/Mining or bought.

I cheesed my way through quite a bit standing in front of the Slyph Vendor. The goblin vendor is for Alchemy etc

Also, get to 50 and a few days of Moogle dailies will get you to 60 with no purchased material. Maybe a few more days without Road to 60.
Post automatically merged:

I’ve been leveling crafters to make house stuff because it would have cost too much otherwise. My FC has been amazing about crafting for free, but I hate asking all the time. My Goldsmithing was crazy fast especially letting the Moogles help. Once I’m Sworn, I hope I can still do their quests.

I cheesed my way through quite a bit standing in front of the Slyph Vendor. The goblin vendor is for Alchemy etc

Also, get to 50 and a few days of Moogle dailies will get you to 60 with no purchased material. Maybe a few more days without Road to 60.

I’ve been leveling crafters to make house stuff because it would have cost too much otherwise. My FC has been amazing about crafting for free, but I hate asking all the time. My Goldsmithing was crazy fast especially letting the Moogles help. Once I’m Sworn, I hope I can still do their quests.
You can do the quests still. Same with all beast tribes; they want you to be able to level alts and acquire currency still. Getting them to Allied (through the Beast Tribe Alliance quests once all the Beast Tribes in an expansion are Sworn/Blood Sworn) just maxes out the amount of XP they give per a quest. I think going from 60-70 takes maybe two weeks from just doing Namazu stuff?

My weaver hit 60 on the Moogle quests and her exp per quest dropped to 10,000 ish per. I got dressed as a Goldsmith around level 50 and it went back up to 250,000 ish times two with the Road to 60) per. I’ll double check the numbers when I go back today on my carpenter. I just hit 40.

3F52A870-C5BD-4BAC-96A0-E6351299CC48.jpeg

@Squidleybits Once you hit 60, you need to start doing Namazu Beast Tribe stuff to get good xp gain. XP goes...

15-50 Ixali
50-60 Moogles
60-70 Namazu

... and then whatever we get for it in Shadowbringers to do it from 70-80.

Awesome! Thank you. I only have really done the Moogle ones and unlocked a few other vendors. I’m 67 and a bit so I will look to unlock the others today. Thank you!

I am looking forward to help with 15-50.

Awesome! Thank you. I only have really done the Moogle ones and unlocked a few other vendors. I’m 67 and a bit so I will look to unlock the others today. Thank you!

I am looking forward to help with 15-50.
Unlocking Namazu is sort of... unlisted? You need to do two questlines in Yanxia: the one about the Namazu learning to become a merchant and the one about the wolfguy finding a job in the village. Once you've done those, you need to do the quest line involving both of them. After that, assuming you've reached the correct place in the story (I think you need to be in the Stormblood 4.x stuff), you'll find the Namazu beast tribe starting quest on the south side of the Azim Steppe.

It's a bit of a pain, but the story is hilarious and the XP gain is MONSTROUS.

Are there beast tribe quests for gatherers or just crafters?
I'm tired of doing leves on my botanist and would love a change of pace.

Are there beast tribe quests for gatherers or just crafters?
I'm tired of doing leves on my botanist and would love a change of pace.
Namazu Beast Tribe can be done as crafter or gathering, but until then... yeah, it's basically just grinding out leves, doing your collection log, doing turn-ins for Rowena and your Alliance, or doing Custom Deliveries. Once you hit 60, you can do Namazu ones and speed it along at a much faster pace.

After that... use this guide. Past 15, you ether need to get ingredients from the Market Board or go out and get them yourself. Some stuff can be bought from the ARR Beast Tribes (Sylphs, Kobolds, Amalja) once you've unlocked them (getting favor from them can unlock more) and this will USUALLY be cheaper than the marketboard but not always. But anything else will ether need to be gathered from Botany/Mining or bought.
You're still on NPC stuff until at least 25, but after that some beast I'm sure. Either way though, the Ixal is great if you aren't using your daily beast tribe allowances for something else. That's helped progress me more than Leves did (at least so far). Thanks for the link though, I've been following it.

Now something I remember hearing previously, but didn't see here is that it's beneficial to get at least a few different crafting classes to a minimal level because of cross-class skills. Any information about that? I couldn't find anything concrete.

Yoshi P did an interview recently about all the changes to healing classes and basically said that the current upcoming changes (i.e. most healers losing a bit of their dps kit, with SCH losing 90% of it) where basically because they felt that healers should only be healing in high level content and they weren't doing that. My only response to that is basically that 1.) DPSing during off-heal phases is fun and 2.) Healing was too powerful before, so we had plenty of time to add dps to the fight. Now healing is even more powerful so we're not going to be losing fights... but all healers can really do is spam 1-2 attacks now.

So apparently none of the devs main healer...

You're still on NPC stuff until at least 25, but after that some beast I'm sure. Either way though, the Ixal is great if you aren't using your daily beast tribe allowances for something else. That's helped progress me more than Leves did (at least so far). Thanks for the link though, I've been following it.

Now something I remember hearing previously, but didn't see here is that it's beneficial to get at least a few different crafting classes to a minimal level because of cross-class skills. Any information about that? I couldn't find anything concrete.
Get EVERYTHING to 15. Then you'll want...
- Steady Hand 2 from 37 CUL and probably Reclaim from 50 CUL, but Reclaim is more of a "Nice to have" thing.
- Byregot's Blessing from 50 CRP
- Ingenuity 2 from 50 BSM
- Innovation from 50 GSM

Mind you, I know the devs have been talking about redoing crafting soon and we have at least one live letter left before Shadowbringers launch so...

Get EVERYTHING to 15. Then you'll want...
- Steady Hand 2 from 37 CUL and probably Reclaim from 50 CUL, but Reclaim is more of a "Nice to have" thing.
- Byregot's Blessing from 50 CRP
- Ingenuity 2 from 50 BSM
- Innovation from 50 GSM

Mind you, I know the devs have been talking about redoing crafting soon and we have at least one live letter left before Shadowbringers launch so...
You just said get all to 15, then drop stuff on there that's from level 50? And what's useful to get to 15? And why? That's what I mean.

You just said get all to 15, then drop stuff on there that's from level 50? And what's useful to get to 15? And why? That's what I mean.
Getting to 15? You can honestly just spam stuff from the low levels (ingots/rings/cloth/etc). Every class has SOMETHING you can make that is basically ether just one ingredient or two cheap ones. For instance, I made lots of bronze/iron ingots and rings/plates for BSM and ARM, lots of salted fish for CUL, lots of cloth for WVR, etc. The investment for mats isn't that much (though you may want to buy shards from the MB) and you can speed this up quite a bit with Company-Issue Commercial Manuals 1-2 (+50% xp for 50-100k crafting xp) from your Grand Company Quartermaster and ether Helping Hand 1-3 from Free Company Actions (10-20% extra xp for crafting) or Squardron Engineering Manuals (20% extra xp for crafting for 120 minutes) from doing lvl 50 Squadron missions from your Grand Company. Just make sure you have plenty of crystal shards... you will go through quite a few. There really are no tricks required to get to lvl 15; you can literally do it the crafting guild hall if you want.

As for skills... That's just sort of how it is when it comes to craft skills for crafting. The stuff at 15 is the easiest and most important to get immediately, but the lvl 37 cross class skills are garbage except for Steady Hand 2 and Flawless Synth, so most of the "must haves" end up being at 50. It's badly designed and it's one of the things the devs want to address with the future crafting rework (that they haven't gone into yet, so might be awhile off or they might simply be waiting till next live letter).

To break down why ALL of this is important... for reference, Progress = Finishing the item, Quality = Chance for HQ, and Control = Stat for increasing Quality.

Rumination CRP 15: Gives you back CP for steps of Inner Quiet. This is great before you get Byregot's Blessing.
Byregot's Blessing CRP 50: This is key to doing high-end crafts. Build up stacks of Inner Quiet, then consume them with BB for an explosion of quality.
Ingenuity 15 BSM: Lowers the level of the recipe you're making for a few steps, making it easier to get Progress and Quality. Good for leveling.
Ingenuity 2 50 BSM: Like above, but better and used for tougher * crafts.
Rapid Synthesis 15 ARM: 250% progress but with a 50% chance and it's free. Combine with Steady Hand II and it can save your ass if you get hit with RNG too hard.
Piece by Piece 50 ARM: Completes 33% of missing progress. The more progress needed, the more you get.
Waste Not 15 LTW: Cut durability loss from 10 to 5 for 4 steps. Basically better than Master's Mend in every way.
Waste Not 2 50 LTW: The same, but for 8 steps.
Careful Synthesis 15 WVR: 90% of your normal progress gain for 100% accuracy. Useful.
Careful Synthesis 2 50 WVR: 120% your normal progress gain for 100% accuracy. A must have.
Tricks of the Trade 15 ALC: 20 free CP when your status is Good/Excellent. It's free CP when you don't want to make progress/quality, what more is there to say?
Comfort Zone 50 ALC: You spend some CP to get more CP back over time. 14 CP might not seem like a lot, but I assure you... it is when your doing high level * crafts.
Hasty Touch 15 CUL: Increases Quality without using CP, with low accuracy. Combine this with Steady Hand 1-2 and it's all you'll ever use to make progress until you get Hasty Touch 2.
Steady Hand 2 37 CUL: +30% success rate to all actions for 5 actions (so Rapid Syn/Hasty Touch go from 50% to 80%). This is KEY to doing anything consistently at the higher levels.
Reclaim 50 CUL: 90% to reclaim your mats if you fail a craft. Did you fuck up? Hit this and hope you get your stuff back.
Manipulation 15 GSM: Restores durability for a set number of actions. I consider this to be better than Master's Mend. Cheaper too.
Flawless Synthesis 37 GSM: Free progress. Completely worthless unless you use it with Maker's Mark, after which this no longer costs durability. Can be useful in some * crafts.
Innovation 50 GSM: I forgot to put this on my previous list. Gives you 50% more control over 3 turns. Combine this with Byregot's Blessing and you'll HQ stuff consistently.
Maker's Mark 54 GSM: This is basically the only post 50 cross-skill worth using. Combine with Flawless Synthesis for lots of free progress.

You can't use all of these all the time (you can only use 10 at most) but some you'll replace as you level. I generally use...

Byregot's Blessing
Ingenuity 2
Rapid Synth (but only until I get Rapid Synth 2 post 60)
Piece by Piece/Reclaim (both are good options, but I generally only want one or the other)
Waste Not 2 (But only until I get Manipulation 2 post 60)
Careful Syn 2 (though this is less useful once you get Careful syn 3 post 60)
Tricks of the Trade
Comfort Zone
Hasty Touch (Again, you get a better version of this post 60 but this one does take CP)
Steady Hand 2

To put it lightly, being a GOOD crafter involves a lot of investiment in leveling up other crafting classes. This makes it expensive to be a good crafter, but you make it all back when you start selling furniture on the Market Board.

Getting everything to 15 has been a huge help. The Waste Not and Hasty Touch are the skills I use the most. I just got the level 50 Carpentry one and it will be a huge help in guaranteed HQ items.

I have three flower pots in my house and I grow shards in them often to replace the ones I’m burning through in whichever crafting I’m working on. I plan to work on LW today and Culinary next, so I’ll grow fire shards.

I sold a lot of walls on the MB which sounds odd, but the markup is huge and the effort was low. I have no idea why someone bought $1M worth of walls (it was only four) that cost me way less to make rather than make them, but I’m not complaining.

So I nearly have my 1st level 70.

Here's my question:

Do I continue to gear up to prep for the x-pac? Like, do hunts for centurio seals so I can get 300+ ilvl? Should i just wait for the xpac since higher level gear will be given through MSQ quests anyhow? Level up another class? Craft?

So I nearly have my 1st level 70.

Here's my question:

Do I continue to gear up to prep for the x-pac? Like, do hunts for centurio seals so I can get 300+ ilvl? Should i just wait for the xpac since higher level gear will be given through MSQ quests anyhow? Level up another class? Craft?
You need an ilvl of at least 355 to do the last Stormblood content. If you've got gil, you could easily get 390 crafted pieces for 200-300k a piece and just use those. Alternative, wait till they do poetics gear.

But yes, you need at least 355 gear.

You need an ilvl of at least 355 to do the last Stormblood content. If you've got gil, you could easily get 390 crafted pieces for 200-300k a piece and just use those. Alternative, wait till they do poetics gear.

But yes, you need at least 355 gear.

Oooh...I didn't know that. So I'd have to gear up anyhow. Hrm. I only got 700k gil atm. Centurio seals only get me up to i330. WELP. I guess I'll have some farming to do then.

As far as the poetics gear, I'm assuming that would come with the new xpac and I could blow allagan tombstones on it or something.

Oooh...I didn't know that. So I'd have to gear up anyhow. Hrm. I only got 700k gil atm. Centurio seals only get me up to i330. WELP. I guess I'll have some farming to do then.

As far as the poetics gear, I'm assuming that would come with the new xpac and I could blow allagan tombstones on it or something.
The current Mendacity & Genesis gear will probably become available for poetics come expansion time (or at least that's how it's worked before).

Also, depending on where the gear is, it may be challenging to find the "new bought" gear to skip over all of that. For example, you can't get the 115 level 50 gear from Ishgard if you haven't unlocked it yet through the MSQ. Now can you buy it on the open market? Sure, but you can't buy it from the actual vendor without being able to get there.

As for if you want to do things between now and then, I'd say that hunts are one of the least efficient methods of gearing up. Roulettes of all forms are far faster to get mendacity, which get you 360 quality.

I’m sitting on 2,000 Allagan Tomestones of Poetics that I have no idea what to do with.
If you're going to play Gunbreaker or Dancer, I'd get a set of Shire gear for them. They start at 60. But you're going to get a ton of poetics anyway with the current Tomestone of Philosphy event going on, so I'd just spend them on something.

I unlocked the Ixali dailies and my LW is now at 40. I ran out of Leves. I’m going to look into unlocking the 60-70 leveling crafter ones now :)

Generally speaking, your best bet for leveling is...

If Healer/Tank:
- Leveling Roulette Daily
- Alliance Raid Daily
- Whatever your highest level dungeon is, over and over.

If DPS:
- Leveling Roulette Daily
- Alliance Raid Daily
- HotD/HoH (but only if queing solo, without a tank/healer)

I got to 69 by doing one roulette, one dungeon I needed to unlock an aetheryte and a really silly jumping quest.

I go back and pick up the quest and ... it’s anotjer dungeon lol. I’m pretty sure I’m close to the end now.

I’d like to try PoTD solo. I’ve cleared up to 50 in a group so I should be able to solo right?

I’d like to try PoTD solo. I’ve cleared up to 50 in a group so I should be able to solo right?
It has more to do with your weapon/armor level in there than how deep you've gotten with other people IMO (and your class). But try it out and see how it goes.

I was told I couldn’t solo until I got to level 50 with a group and then I could have a solo save.
The very first time I went into PotD I went in solo. All you have to do is have a blank save, and say "fixed party" (not matched, and obviously don't be grouped) and you can go in solo. I doubt you'll survive to 50 though with most classes if your weapons/armor are at level 1 as well.