[MMO] Final Fantasy XIV (we get to be cats!)

But it has that random timer too so anyone could sneak up and grab the plot event if you paid the owner to vacate?
Ahh. Right. *shrug* Buying houses is hit or miss. If you can't sit there for... 6-22+ hours, you might be out of luck for buying a house. The timer thing was added in explicitly because people where buying/selling plots like I mentioned because it was the easiest way to get a plot. We got our FC house long before they put the timer in.

To hit 360, I recommend doing Ridornana Lighthouse and Orbonne Monastery from the Ivalice Raid series. Lighthouse is Min Ilvl 335, gives you 360 and I believe they just removed the 1 piece a week limit for that Alliance Raid. Orbonne is min 355, gives 390 and is still 1 a week. Doing runs for Tomes of Mendacity also works. Once you hit 355, do Alphascape runs too.
I was literally in a Deltascape queue for 40 minutes as DPS before giving up. The whole point is to avoid that need. The alliance raid suggestions may work.
Weapons though... you COULD grind the fuck out of Heaven on High, get +100 Aether, and get an Empyrean weapon. You could also grind out Mendacity for a Ryumaku weapon. The fastest option might be to grind The Ministral's Ballad: Tsukumoyi's Pain if you hit the minimum ilvl for that. Or just skip all that nonsense and buy a 380 Rakasha weapon from the marketboard.
You can't grind out Mendacity for a Ryumaku weapon. As I said above, you NEED stuff from Alphascape to get the "special" tomestone to buy the weapon. You can't just use a bunch of Mendacity. If I'm wrong, please point out the correct procedure. See here for how it needs 10 tokens (fine, that's 1000 tomestones) and 1 "Prototype Tomestone" which you need: 4 Sigmascape Crystalloids.

Please tell me more about the Rakshasa weapons... crafted? I'll have to look up on the market how much they usually are. Hopefully semi-reasonable.

Any more info on Eureka? Is it purely for grinding for 70+ gear, but no exp?

I was literally in a Deltascape queue for 40 minutes as DPS before giving up. The whole point is to avoid that need. The alliance raid suggestions may work.

You can't grind out Mendacity for a Ryumaku weapon. As I said above, you NEED stuff from Alphascape to get the "special" tomestone to buy the weapon. You can't just use a bunch of Mendacity. If I'm wrong, please point out the correct procedure. See here for how it needs 10 tokens (fine, that's 1000 tomestones) and 1 "Prototype Tomestone" which you need: 4 Sigmascape Crystalloids.

Please tell me more about the Rakshasa weapons... crafted? I'll have to look up on the market how much they usually are. Hopefully semi-reasonable.

Any more info on Eureka? Is it purely for grinding for 70+ gear, but no exp?
You're right about Mendacity. I keep forgetting you need the tomestone too... though when Shadowbringers hits, they'll probably just make all of it buyable with poetics so people can catch up fast.

Rakshasa weapons and gear are indeed crafted. I would expect to pay at least 400k gil for one, if not more. That's a reasonable price for a near top-tier weapon that doesn't involve completing any content. You'd have to complete Alphascape SAVAGE for anything better.

I also mentioned Tsukuyomi's Pain: the fight drops weapons. If you can do it well, it's an option. Look for people doing Dog farms on Party Finder for this fight if you want an easy group.

As for Eureka... it would take you less time to get the the Sigmascape Crystalloids (which are guarnteed drops for all players in it's fight but it might still be one a week) than it would to grind through Eureka's shit content for it's relic weapon. Unless you really, REALLY liked grinding in FFXI, you will not like Eureka. It's going to go the way of the Diadem unless it gets a massive nerf.

Once you've hit high enough for the last dungeon, you're going to want to grind a full set from that. Last MSQ fight has a... I wanna say 370 minimum iLvl.

Rakshasa weapons and gear are indeed crafted. I would expect to pay at least 400k gil for one, if not more. That's a reasonable price for a near top-tier weapon that doesn't involve completing any content. You'd have to complete Alphascape SAVAGE for anything better.
I can afford that for my main, and the scholar half too. I hope it's a similar price on my server.

By the time I get another character up to 70, it's likely that Shadowbringers will be out, and I'll be able to either buy whatever vendor gear they have to get people "to the new content" or poetics, so not an issue. I may look into the HoH stuff when that alt comes too. One weird thing is that at least 1 wiki says it only drains 10 (one zero, not one-hundred) levels to get a weapon out of it. I thought it was a typo on one website, but I've seen it on two different ones now. You just need to clear to 30 and have 10? 100 I'd guess was accurate, but 10? That seems low. Thoughts?

Thanks Ash!

I've honestly never pulled one from HoH, as I'd already had an upgraded Scaevan weapon for my main class by that point. I know it took 30 then 60 to get the Padjal and Kenna weapons from the previous Deep Dungeon.

I'll check for sure when I get home.

I can afford that for my main, and the scholar half too. I hope it's a similar price on my server.

By the time I get another character up to 70, it's likely that Shadowbringers will be out, and I'll be able to either buy whatever vendor gear they have to get people "to the new content" or poetics, so not an issue. I may look into the HoH stuff when that alt comes too. One weird thing is that at least 1 wiki says it only drains 10 (one zero, not one-hundred) levels to get a weapon out of it. I thought it was a typo on one website, but I've seen it on two different ones now. You just need to clear to 30 and have 10? 100 I'd guess was accurate, but 10? That seems low. Thoughts?

Thanks Ash!
Checked it out. So it takes 10 aether levels to make a grip and you need 10 grips to make a weapon, so yes... it takes 100 levels. You just don't need them all at once.

I found another lot for sale today. This time in Lavender Beds. There was a crowd at the Placard, so it must have been up for a while. I stayed and clicked as long as I could, but I have to work, so I’ll check when I get home. The timer can be as long as 22 hours which is brutal for the guys waiting.

I don’t know why there is never a free plot in Mist?

I’ve found three plots now over four days which isn’t terrible. The number of people wanting them is discouraging though.

Checked it out. So it takes 10 aether levels to make a grip and you need 10 grips to make a weapon, so yes... it takes 100 levels. You just don't need them all at once.
That's likely what'll happen for an alt job then, but blew the money on it for my main. About the price you said, should be good. My gear level went from 340 to 355 just from that one piece. Probably one more genesis piece, and 1-2 others and I should be over 360.

Given the holidays, I'll likely be able to grind out the tomestones I need for the rest of the gear to get through the final dungeon. But I don't need to grind Deltascape (40+ minute queues, EACH) for the weapon! Woot! I'm definitely going to look into what the crafted gear is like too, as I'd rather blow more money on that than grind a LOT. I still like dungeons, but I don't want to LIVE in there either. And what else is money good for really? Amassing it means nothing if you don't get utility/enjoyment out of it so I'd rather spend it on the ability to finish the main quest.

The idea that lots are only for sale if you can camp out for 22 hours is ridiculous.
Completely. I want land, but I also want to keep my job so I can feed my family.
Post automatically merged:

I should point out that it’s between 10 minutes and 22 hours.

That's likely what'll happen for an alt job then, but blew the money on it for my main. About the price you said, should be good. My gear level went from 340 to 355 just from that one piece. Probably one more genesis piece, and 1-2 others and I should be over 360.

Given the holidays, I'll likely be able to grind out the tomestones I need for the rest of the gear to get through the final dungeon. But I don't need to grind Deltascape (40+ minute queues, EACH) for the weapon! Woot! I'm definitely going to look into what the crafted gear is like too, as I'd rather blow more money on that than grind a LOT. I still like dungeons, but I don't want to LIVE in there either. And what else is money good for really? Amassing it means nothing if you don't get utility/enjoyment out of it so I'd rather spend it on the ability to finish the main quest.
My advice? Take up a tank/healer side class. You mentioned doing Scholar? That wouldn't be a bad choice. Your line time will go from 40 to none/5 minutes and you can greed for stuff for your main class.

It's what I do when I want to gear up my main job late in the expansion.

My advice? Take up a tank/healer side class. You mentioned doing Scholar? That wouldn't be a bad choice. Your line time will go from 40 to none/5 minutes and you can greed for stuff for your main class.

It's what I do when I want to gear up my main job late in the expansion.
So how long does leveling up a 2nd job take, more or less?

It took me a couple of days, you get a huge bonus on top of the server bonus.
Plus there are various ways to give more XP, like FC Actions, several special items, food buffs, and such. I get +200% xp from 1-25 from items and armory bonus alone.

For me it's like...
+100% from Armoury Bonus til 60 (it's 50% from then on)
+50% from Rested XP (log out in a major city or house to acquire rest XP)
+30% from Aetheryte Earring (from pre-order of Shadowbringers, good til 61 I think?)
+30% from Brand New Ring til 30 (from completing Training Hall at lvl 15)
+20% from Friendhsip Circlet til 25 (from Recruit a Friend campaign)
+15% from Squadron Battle Manual (from GC Squadron stuff)
+10% from Free company action Heat of Battle II (Buy it from OIC Quartermaster, then use from Company actions option on FC menu)
+3% from food buffs
for +258% total xp from 1-25, with lowered gains from then on. This only applies to enemy kills, but enemy kills in dungeons are worth a shit-ton so it makes grinding dungeons get you multiple levels a dungeon.

So no... leveling up is quick once you've got a high level character.

Huh, I wasn't expecting unlocking Samurai to start me at level 50 and give me a whole bag of gear. Huh. Its a little tempting to switch over from monk

Huh, I wasn't expecting unlocking Samurai to start me at level 50 and give me a whole bag of gear. Huh. Its a little tempting to switch over from monk
I love samurai, but it doesn't start really unlocking all the cool toys until 60. The same holds true for red mage

Looking good @Dirona, my cat sister!

This is me, waiting for a queue. For what I think is the final instance before Heavensward. Although, I keep thinking I’m almost there and the quests keep on coming.
1FEB478F-C2E6-4F12-8F17-BC8D2E0404F1.jpeg

The fight went really well, so the queue was worth it.

I’m done with ARR totally now and in Ishgard. Those cut scenes were brutal!

Well, it was sad. I won’t say anymore.

On thé plus side, on bought a wired keyboard!! With 15 feet of cord. I was having issues with the cordless ones at that distance.

The ultima dungeon cutscenes were some of the longest I've seen so far. Holy crap. It just didnt want to end.

Also, where are all the monks? I can't walk two feet without tripping over a Dragoon, Darknight or Bard, but it's a rare event to see another Monk. A ran into another level 50 Monk in the field, and he was like, "JUN JUN! MONK! HEY!". When I was running a dungeon with my brother last night, I had a guy literally ask what my class was.

The ultima dungeon cutscenes were some of the longest I've seen so far. Holy crap. It just didnt want to end.

Also, where are all the monks? I can't walk two feet without tripping over a Dragoon, Darknight or Bard, but it's a rare event to see another Monk. A ran into another level 50 Monk in the field, and he was like, "JUN JUN! MONK! HEY!". When I was running a dungeon with my brother last night, I had a guy literally ask what my class was.
Monk isn't super popular right now because it's kind of a mess. Why would you use anything but Flame outside of a city? How often do you Tornado kick? Have you seen the Monk rotation? It's -21- moves.

It sort of needs a rework from the ground-up, kind of like Mechanist.

Guess I never compared it anything. I've had zero issues so far. I dont know how other people fight with Monk, but generally I do:

Dragonkick -> One IIm punch -> Snap Punch -> Steel Peak -> Howling Fist -> Dragon kick -> Twin Snakes for dmg buff -> Demolish -> Dragon kick -> One IIm punch -> Snap Punch -> Activate Internal Release -> and go wild. Positioning isnt bad since Dragon kick, Twin Snakes, Snap punch all use side positioning for their bonus damage. Plus the debuffs and buffs are nice.

Saw a new thing in a dungeon today. The healer, at level 50, was a conjurer and had never heard of white mage or knew what that was or how to become one.
Yikes.

So do you you rank up from 2nd Lt.? I wasn't really given any guidance. Do I need to advance the storyline more? Also saw something online about a squad level, but I haven't see anything about that yet.

So do you you rank up from 2nd Lt.? I wasn't really given any guidance. Do I need to advance the storyline more? Also saw something online about a squad level, but I haven't see anything about that yet.
Talk to the vendors at your grand company place, one will have the option to request promotion, and you buy it with seals