[MMO] Final Fantasy XIV (we get to be cats!)

I am happy to have our own thread :)

So, on the subject of gardening, is an 8 plot garden different from a flower pot? Other than seed hybrids, can it grow the same capacity? Or is a flower pot just one plot?

Someone else will have to touch this, I haven't touched any of the crafting professions. They don't shoot fireballs (that I know of)

I’m a 58 Fisher/50 Weaver/30 ish Botanist/Miner/Culinarian and Goldsmith. The rest are around 15-20 for cross job skills.

I’d like to be able to grow shards (I go through them something terrible) as well as the other fruit etc needed for Chocobo colours.

I’m a 58 Fisher/50 Weaver/30 ish Botanist/Miner/Culinarian and Goldsmith. The rest are around 15-20 for cross job skills.

I’d like to be able to grow shards (I go through them something terrible) as well as the other fruit etc needed for Chocobo colours.
I don't think you can grow shards? I am pretty sure you need to go gather them. Though you do skills that make getting them much faster eventually via Botanist and Miner. They sell pretty well on the market too.

As for plots... I think you can only have the one gardening plot, but it's 8 spots to grow things. I haven't done much more than grow Krakka Root though.

I only need two more GC ranks and I’m over halfway there cash wise, so if I can find a small house, I’ll grab one as soon as I have everything together.

Expert Delivey missions are the best! I still don’t get how people have max GC seals, but maybe the high end stuff gives them out way faster.

I only need two more GC ranks and I’m over halfway there cash wise, so if I can find a small house, I’ll grab one as soon as I have everything together.

Expert Delivey missions are the best! I still don’t get how people have max GC seals, but maybe the high end stuff gives them out way faster.
Level 70 dungeon gear can give 1800+ seals at a time. And then there are the people who farm poetics to get Ironworks or Shire gear for turn-ins. But maxxing on seals is only possible if you aren't buy the stuff there or doing Squadron stuff, which costs GC to do but is how you raise your GC rank once you've completed your Hunting Log and such post 50.... which is dumb, because you're ALWAYS going to want Cordial and you're always going to want Ventures and you can NEVER have enough Glamour Prisms, all of which can be bought for cheap from your GC.

I spend them daily on ventures. I didn’t know about Cordial which is awesome!

I’m glad to have something to do with my old gear. Many quests gave me strength gear which I will never use.

I spend them daily on ventures. I didn’t know about Cordial which is awesome!

I’m glad to have something to do with my old gear. Many quests gave me strength gear which I will never use.
You say that now but I'm working on my... 5th-6th 70 and I'm forced to farm poetics for Ironworks and Shire gear. Just because you aren't interested in a class NOW doesn't mean you won't be in the future (I kind of hated DRK until I found a non-rediculous sword to use with it and now it's on it's way to 70). That said... yeah, dump it now and just buy/make whatever you need later.

FYI You can get High Cordial from the Namazu Beast Tribe dailies. I think the Moogle Beast Tribe might give cordial too. Just show up to the quest giver as a DoH/DoL and they'll give you the correct kind of quest.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Despite my limited time, I'm sitting at a level 40 monk, so I think I'm doing OK for myself.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Despite my limited time, I'm sitting at a level 40 monk, so I think I'm doing OK for myself.
Poetics are currency for gear/items related to 50-60 content.

Cordial is a consumable that refills GP for Gatherer classes. Reduces downtime signifigantly.

Ventures are currency for Retainers (your bank) that lets you send them out to get items and advance in a class.

Beast Tribes are the various monster groups, but the non Branded ones that aren't fucking crazy Primal worshipers. You do their quests as dailies to get stuff.

You start earning Poetics in the last few dungeons of the original Main Story. The Praetorium and thé second to last one.

I use cordial a lot for fishing to keep patience up and guarantee HQ catches for mooching and double mooching (so painful otherwise).

I’m still super new to all this and trying to figure it all out. My current goal is to have a house for the gardening alone. I may even get a FC room for a few more flower pots. I still haven’t bought game time lol.

I’m currently shocked by how main main story quests I still have to go before Heavensward. Holy Smokes there were a lot of patches with more quests.

When do I lose the green sprout by my name?

You start earning Poetics in the last few dungeons of the original Main Story. The Praetorium and thé second to last one.

I use cordial a lot for fishing to keep patience up and guarantee HQ catches for mooching and double mooching (so painful otherwise).

I’m still super new to all this and trying to figure it all out. My current goal is to have a house for the gardening alone. I may even get a FC room for a few more flower pots. I still haven’t bought game time lol.

I’m currently shocked by how main main story quests I still have to go before Heavensward. Holy Smokes there were a lot of patches with more quests.

When do I lose the green sprout by my name?
You lose the sprout when...

- You've played 168 hours of game time.
- You've beaten "The Far Edge of Fate", the last Heavensward quest before Stormblood.

Until then, it's there unless you manually turn it off. But don't turn it off; you get bonus XP when partied with a Mentor if you are a New Adventurer or a Returner.

For those interested in the upcoming FF15 crossover event, I'd advise gathering your MGP now. It's going to be like 230-300k MGP to buy the mount, the hair, and all the rest.

How long is the event on?

I just went there for the first time last night and that’s a ton of points to get quickly. Or at least it felt like a ton.

How long is the event on?

I just went there for the first time last night and that’s a ton of points to get quickly. Or at least it felt like a ton.
May 26th I think? And it's not as hard as you might think.

- Daily Mini-Cactpot tickets (3/day) can give up to 10k each, if you're good at them.
- Weekly Cactpot pick 4 tickets (3/week) can pay out to 1 million.
- Fashion Report (you can find a guide on the reddit each week once people have figured it out) is 50k a week, but you might need to unlock some dyes from ARR Beast Tribe stuff.
- Gold Saucer FATES pay a good deal if you win. Air Force One is super easy and gives out like 4-5k each time if you hit all the right targets.
- Weekly Challenge Log is worth a good chunk of change too. Hope you like Triple Triad and Chocobo Racing too.

If I have until May 27, I can do the fashion report every week on FC points bonus day and have all my points in time, right?
You've got 6 weeks. So 50k x 6 = 300k. But keep in mind that you'll have to buy whatever armor you need for the Fashion report, as well as any dyes. So make sure you do Cactpot each week too, as well as your daily Mini-cactpots and probably a fate every day. Look at your Gold Saucer listing on the Challenge lot and do what you can from that as well. 300k really isn't that much.

Here's a guide.

I have one rank left to go before I can buy a house/apartment/FC Room. Today is Seal Sweetner day with the FC and I’ve done the hunting log and the dungeon, so I just need the seals.

I am not where I need to be Gil wise yet for the house. Would buying a room or apartment now make sense?

I have one rank left to go before I can buy a house/apartment/FC Room. Today is Seal Sweetner day with the FC and I’ve done the hunting log and the dungeon, so I just need the seals.

I am not where I need to be Gil wise yet for the house. Would buying a room or apartment now make sense?
If you foresee your FC staying in it's current dwelling and you expect to stick with them in the long haul, go ahead and get a room. It's fairly cheap.

If you want something that you are unlikely to lose unless you stop playing, get an apartment.

If you NEED that yard for gardening, just keep saving.

There is a lot between the original main story and Ishgard. I am very slowly getting there while working on buying a house.

I saw a small lot for sale in Lavender earlier. I was just short on cash and I prefer the look of Mist. So, by tomorrow, I’ll be land hunting :)

I should note that I checked all three neighborhoods and there was one. Lol....just one.

I'm scared of what I need to do for the gear for access to the FINAL dungeon in the game. The minimum is 360, and that's what Mendacity gives you. I only have 1 piece of Genesis gear.

What REALLY sucks is you can NOT get a weapon (that's not a drop) unless you do Delta/Sigmascape no matter your number of tomestones. And for DPS, that queue is PAIN.

Also, somebody needs to explain Eureka to me. Can you only go in at max level? And if so, what exactly are you grinding for? PotD/HoH at least you get exp outside of it for completing sets of levels, that makes sense, but Eureka doesn't make sense.

I’m so far from all that, I’m afraid I can’t help you :(

I lost my first housing war last night lol. More like I chose to sleep rather than click the Placard mindlessly all night after waiting what I felt was a super long time.

I had no idea that there was a housing timer on top of saving for a house and then having to find a plot for sale.

So gross.

I'm scared of what I need to do for the gear for access to the FINAL dungeon in the game. The minimum is 360, and that's what Mendacity gives you. I only have 1 piece of Genesis gear.

What REALLY sucks is you can NOT get a weapon (that's not a drop) unless you do Delta/Sigmascape no matter your number of tomestones. And for DPS, that queue is PAIN.

Also, somebody needs to explain Eureka to me. Can you only go in at max level? And if so, what exactly are you grinding for? PotD/HoH at least you get exp outside of it for completing sets of levels, that makes sense, but Eureka doesn't make sense.
To hit 360, I recommend doing Ridornana Lighthouse and Orbonne Monastery from the Ivalice Raid series. Lighthouse is Min Ilvl 335, gives you 360 and I believe they just removed the 1 piece a week limit for that Alliance Raid. Orbonne is min 355, gives 390 and is still 1 a week. Doing runs for Tomes of Mendacity also works. Once you hit 355, do Alphascape runs too.

Weapons though... you COULD grind the fuck out of Heaven on High, get +100 Aether, and get an Empyrean weapon. You could also grind out Mendacity for a Ryumaku weapon. The fastest option might be to grind The Ministral's Ballad: Tsukumoyi's Pain if you hit the minimum ilvl for that. Or just skip all that nonsense and buy a 380 Rakasha weapon from the marketboard.

I had no idea that there was a housing timer on top of saving for a house and then having to find a plot for sale.

So gross.
Because there is a limited number of houses and apartments available, they kind of need the housing timer. Keeps houses not currently being used from being hoarded by people who aren't playing. The timer is pretty generous too, something like 45 days since last time someone clicked on the door.

That timer is super generous. The housing timer I ran into last night was that there was an open plot of land and « it wasn’t yet available for purchase ». A bunch of us were there spamming it for ages waiting for the timer on newly available land to randomly expire so one of us could buy it.

That timer is super generous. The housing timer I ran into last night was that there was an open plot of land and « it wasn’t yet available for purchase ». A bunch of us were there spamming it for ages waiting for the timer on newly available land to randomly expire so one of us could buy it.
This is one of the reasons it's generally worth the time and expense to just send messages to house owners, see if they would be willing to sell the plot (they get their money back if they pull out) and then working with a broker to make it happen. I know that's what my FC did for our house.