Entourage (HBO) - SPOLIERS AHOY FOR NOOBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
How am I a noob!?

The thread was all "oh, who watches this show" "oh, yeah, its great, i love it, hehehe" and then suddenly.. BAM! SPOILERS!

R

Roxxoredizorz

Damn, after spending a week watching all through Entourage, and now only seeing one episode a week, it's like withdrawals.

Yea, I feel that 30 minutes is simply not enough... before they used to focus on Vince and Hollywood. Now, everyone is getting 5-6 minutes and the story is slower... damn, I wish it went on for an hour.

Okay, I'm now all caught up. And I don't really see how Vince is an asshole, Charlie. Yeah, he's probably the least entertaining character (mostly because they play him up TOO much as: a) loved by everyone and b) so frigging loveable), but he's hardly an asshole. He's bent over backwards and endlessly helped out his friends. And, as far as recent episodes, it's clear that he has very little else in life outside of his friends/entourage. Something that he's starting to realize, now.

I wasn't crazy about the Ashley character at first, but like E, she's starting to grow on me. She has that kind of free spirit/childlike kind of personality to her, which is great for E, who is crazy uptight so often.

Yeah, I don't see things going well with Drama and Turtle's gal. Given the show is about the closeknit friendship among the four (or five, if you count Ari) of them, it won't be Drama's fault if something bad goes down, if anything. It'll either be a) nothing bad happens at all, b) Turtle gets insanely jealous to the point she dumps him or c) she gets weird with Drama and the plug is pulled, as a result.

Charlie Dont Surf said:
that sure was another episode of entourage.

I mean. Anyone got any good reasons to even bother to DVR it next week? I'm drawing a blank.
I'm forced to agree. Nothing interesting is going on! Summary of the episode :

Vince: I got nothing to do, I don't value money, I'm a "star", I made 4m doing a voiceover of a dog!

E: Hi, I resent Sloan for no reason other than hating myself. PS: I don't know WTF I'm doing. But I did move the story along at the end of the show though, so someone pat me on the back!

Drama : LOLz, surprise surprise, I suck at golf.

Turtle : I'm a little bitch.

Ari : I'm nice for some reason, I was nice to Jeffrey for an entire episode and still ate shit.

Fuck!!!! How can this season suck so much!!!

I had a lot of fun watching the episode, I don't know what you guys expect besides that. I laughed, I giggled, I saw characters I've grown to love be those characters. Does EVERY episode have to be a huge turning point for everyone or something?

I do think they should switch to one hour, though.

I feel the same way, I just want "something" consequential to happen. The awesome part of the show was the "Hollywood" drama of things and how THAT affected their lives and relationships. For example, last week Drama asked Turtle if his GF can play the lover's interest in his simcom, which they agreed. I wanted to see THAT shit going on. I want Ari and E to fight. I was Vince to feel like he wants to be "bigger and better". what I've seen so far is a lot of dilly dally as the season hops along (now 1/3 through) and nothing has happened other than "Thanks Sloan".

I think the thing I most hated about the episode was that Vince doing some animated movie for $4m was a throwaway line out of nowhere, and that all happened off-camera without any of the interesting drama/happenings of every single other one of his movies.

I think that was the point, that the dude is doing so good it's not even a big deal when he gets $4m for being the voice of a dog.

I figured this one was the throwaway episode where Mark Wahlberg can show off "Hey, I'm friends with Tom Brady!"

I was originally set back when he went from "ruined actor" to "hey i just finished an amazing scorcese movie". I was patient and wanted to see where they are going with this. Now Vince is an after-thought, they literally threw this at us as in "lolz, I'm making EZ money and now I'm the support actor, enjoy watching E now". I loved the Hollywood aspect of the show and how it affected things between them, I loved seeing Drama get owned... now I'm watching is E dealing with 2 relationships and have NOTHING to do with Hollywood. I'm going to keep my negativity until next week but 4 episodes of buildup and throwaways is hard to deal with when you only get 12 episodes a season. This isn't even the same Ari.

WTF is going on. :aaahhh:

How is it not the same Ari!?

Did you not SEE how he tortured Lloyd? man, when he started whacking the bag Lloyd was carrying with the golf club I cracked up.

We're just seeing the "I have an actual friend" side of Ari, we've seen other soft spots of him before. He actually cares for.... that guy who was the boss on Office Space, whatever his name is.

R

Roxxoredizorz

I thought it wasn't the funniest episode yet, but it kept the show going. I still love this show, and will continue to support it every week. And why should it matter that they show Vince doing the voice over? They havent shown him doing the work on the movies in the past. Well, tiny bits here and there, but nothing else.

And WOOT It got renewed for another season!

It's not that I want to see him in the studio talking into a mic, it's just that the inner-workings of Hollywood are really interesting and what the show was originally about. They used to have full seasons about his next project, and while the stupid animated movie isn't worth a full season by any stretch, I wish they'd spend maybe a SECOND about how that comes together.

R

Roxxoredizorz

WOW, That was a great episode. I think that Sex tape thing is gonna be a GIANT part of this season. I can feeeeeel it. And I wanted to see what happened after Drama's fight. Also, Poor Eric. He did technically tell her the truth, but a bit not.

Finally an episode I enjoyed. Drama becomes an interesting character again and I loved that they went back to "hollywood", can't wait too how that story unfolds. The part where Turtle sees his GF making out with his best friend and her complaining that his tongue is too strong... PRICELESS.

"now all i can think about is ramming tony sopranos daughter from behind" - i LOLed hard

Yes, I smelled sex tape all over that, I hope it happens because Vince has become as stale as 7 day old bread.

Ari probably said the best line of the entire series... "You so much as eye *beep* another agent, I will deport you naked to the Taliban."

Good show... hopefully the end of Ashley.... can't stand her at all.

Yeah, this one was definitely fun, and back to the Entourage of old where I was like "huh? I can't believe it's over!" instead of "when will this finally be over?"

SeriousJay said:
Ari probably said the best line of the entire series... "You so much as eye *beep* another agent, I will deport you naked to the Taliban."
Wait, does the channel you watch it on censor the swear words? I was watching a rerun the other day by chance, and it pissed me off they had censored it, it confused the narrative, especially since the sex scenes are cut out.

R

Roxxoredizorz

OH GOD. That was a great episode. It felt more together than the past few. It felt as if the guys were together as an ENTOURAGE, instead of apart.

I didn't mind it. The way I saw things, it put the focus on other things and FINALLY brought it back home to the Hollywood scene. E's first day at the agency, Drama getting owned, Vince getting a stalker... it was good.

The best comment of the season though... was from E's new boss... "tomorrow sign Christian Bale, maybe he'll sign if we allow him to execute a cinematographer"

I LOLed hard.

R

Roxxoredizorz

How did you guys like this weeks episode, I loved it.

It's returning to the old FRANTIC Entourage.

I loved the part where Drama slaps Turtles ass and says "Come on bitch"

There were decent parts but I screamed when I saw Ashley back. The whole E romance thing has sucked ass.

I was disappointed there was no Drama vs Studio Exec, that was awesome... now we gotta wait another 2 weeks... no episode on Labor Day weekend.

T

ThatNickGuy

Soooo...I'm not the only one who figures Ashley's the stalker, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.