Empyrion Forum

I see, I see. I promise I'll post something in the subforum I asked you for, I just spent damn near all day building and decorating an orbital base.

GasBandit

Staff member
Seems like the thing happened again where existing users don't automatically get opted in to the new subforum or something. At least, I wasn't opted in. I'm HOPING you did set it so that new users are automatically opted in to this forum.

Dave

Staff member
I did, but remember last time it seemed that it only affected the new users, not already registered people.

Dave

Staff member
Since this is a public server, the hope is that it'll gain more people. If it dies, it dies. It costs us nothing to do this early but if it takes off it would cost us a lot if we didn't.

Bleh. I specifically subbed all when you set up this forum originally yesterday, and then went looking for a post from the help and advice forum so I could jump over there real fast, and couldn't find any posts from it on my "new posts" feed (which is set to show me all posts by default); and had to resub to all of the optional forums again.

So, am I correct in that the only way to currently not see this forum is to ignore every individual thread in it? Since opting out doesn't seem to be an option.

I'm starting a drinking game - take a drink every time I read the word "Empyrion" - so I'll have to drink myself silly the moment I load Halforums.

It should help me get through that Trump thread.

Empyrion
All things Empyrion.

Empyrion
This is for everything Empyrion related.
:p

GasBandit

Staff member
Although, now thaf it's an opt in forum, does it work for that?
New users are less of a sticky wicket in that regard, as you can set the default to be already opted-in at account creation. It's us pre-existing users that often have problems, because it always defaults to opted-out for us, and we have to opt-in.

Dave

Staff member
Actually it's even more simple than that. When you create a node (subforum) it defaults to position #1. I was lazy and didn't figure out where I wanted to place it so it showed on top.

GasBandit

Staff member
Actually it's even more simple than that. When you create a node (subforum) it defaults to position #1. I was lazy and didn't figure out where I wanted to place it so it showed on top.
Sometimes things just work out ;)