[Gaming] Elder Scrolls 5 - Dawnguard is HERE!

Amusing thing to do.

Step 1 - Go to an Inn or Tavern where there are a lot of NPCs having dinner like Riften or Solitude.
Step 2 - Save
Step 3 - Buy a bunch of Apple Pies, in fact, save them so you get a dozen or so.
Step 4 - Drop them near NPCs
Step 5 - Move back and enjoy the show.

MY PIE! I WAS HERE FIRST!
OVER MY DEAD BODY!
THAT CAN BE ARRANGED!
Oh lord, there goes my afternoon.

So yesterday I realized I had enough leather and iron in my Riften material storage to level up a good 20 blacksmithing levels, so after fighting in my Ebony armor for a bit, I decided to just craft my way right past Deadric and into Dragon. I made a full set of Dragonbone Heavy Armor for myself and a second set of Dragonscale Light Armor for Aela, since I had so many bones and scales. I have enough to even improve them to Legendary and make a second set of Dragonscale I keep in storage incase I want to go back to Light Armor again. Now I just need to improve my enchanting a bit, though this first set I just used some of my Grand Gems to improve health and archery damage, since I love slinking around with my Deadric Bow. Already replaced all the Grand Gems in a recent dwarven ruin quest.

Feel extremely strong now, take down pretty much anything with ease. Murdered a wandering giant in only two arrow shots.

P.S. I found a really good way to level block is just carry a light shield on you and when you get attacked by a thief or something on the roads, equip it and just stand there holding down the block button. The thief does a lot of light attacks but never does a power attack to stagger you, so I just sat there and gained a few levels on one till I got bored. You can also just do this by blocking with the two-hander if you use two-handers, but you then take a bit more actual damage.

Wow... the quests at the Bard's College? If you do them all, you get lots of free skills points. Like enough to go from 49-50.

Also, how exactly do you "bring the glory back to the Thieve's Guild"? I've already done the guild Questline and at least ten jobs from Devin and Vex... not sure what to do.

What level are you Scythe?
Think I am sitting at 40 right now, Blacksmithing was the first skill I ended up maxing because it was quick due to all the materials I have taken from dungeons or mines. Iron Ore/Ingots are also cheap as dirt.

Working on maxing out either Archery or 2H, getting close on both. Sneak, Speech, and Lockpicking are also high. The only disappointment is my armor skills are really, REALLY crappy, but that is what I get for killing 80% of everything with a bow, I almost never get hit so it rarely levels. Need to figure out a way to fix that without getting myself killed.

Then again, might be able to kill two birds with one stone. I have yet to enchant my old Ebony set, so I might do some magicka enchants and find a bandit camp, then just have one of them hit me while I use my Restoration magic to heal myself. Restoration is right now my highest magic stat other then Enchanting, just because awhile back I would sometimes have to duck around corners to heal while fighting some of the tougher dragons.

Where is Bards? I'm still doing companion stuff so I haven't explored much beyond their quests yet.
It's in Solitude. Go to the Blue Palace, then look out the gates as if your leaving. Should be the second or third house on the right. It'll have a street access and one you can climb stairs to get to. You'll have to talk to the Headmaster and then do a quest for him (a fairly difficult barrow), but once you've completed that chain you'll be able to do stuff for people around the college.

Three of the people will ask you to get an instrument back from some bandits. Doing so has them teach you several free points of stuff.

Flute - Magic stuff. I got points in at least every school of magic and probably would have gotten Enchanting too, if I wasn't max.

Lute - Stealth stuff. Again, several points in each discipline.

Drum - Combat stuff. Same as above.

I literally went from about a third into 49 to about a fourth into 50. All I need to do is finish my Stormcloaks stuff and then I can start a new character.

The only disappointment is my armor skills are really, REALLY crappy, but that is what I get for killing 80% of everything with a bow, I almost never get hit so it rarely levels. Need to figure out a way to fix that without getting myself killed.
Honestly... just pay for the training. Armor skills are a pain to raise and your not going to get that many points from getting beat up normally.

Honestly... just pay for the training. Armor skills are a pain to raise and your not going to get that many points from getting beat up normally.
I might, but I hate paying for training if I can help it. I think that is mostly because I am a packrat though, and like to hold onto my gold or items. I have probably 60k septims worth of crap in my Riften house alone. Don't even get me started on my book collection. Thank god my Markath house has a decent area of bookshelves.

Funny enough, in all my adventures I have yet to run into a dragon priest, I need to find that Krosis guy tonight.

Necronic

Staff member
Re: making your own spells---well, to be honest, I remember making my own spells in Morrowind completely trivialized everything. My spells became so ridiculous there wasn't even close to a challenge anymore.
Best spell ever was Jump + Featherfall. Who needs fast travel?

What in the... Skyrim isn't just Skyrim, it's all of Tamriel.

http://ppsh-41.tumblr.com/post/13145143504/entire-tamriel-landmass-built-into-skyrim

By using No-Clip you can move beyond the borders of the province, and while not detailed in any form, they do have land for most of the other provinces, including Morrowind and Vvardenfall, with an obvious Red Mountain.

I don't know about you, but this has me excited for future DLCs or Expansions. One with Morrowind where I can return to Vvanderfall? YES PLEASE.

GasBandit

Staff member

http://ppsh-41.tumblr.com/post/13145143504/entire-tamriel-landmass-built-into-skyrim

By using No-Clip you can move beyond the borders of the province, and while not detailed in any form, they do have land for most of the other provinces, including Morrowind and Vvardenfall, with an obvious Red Mountain.

I don't know about you, but this has me excited for future DLCs or Expansions. One with Morrowind where I can return to Vvanderfall? YES PLEASE.
And all that under 5 gigs, when so many games these days overtop 10 or 15. That's impressive.

Holy shit.

If I get to go back to Morrowind I will be extraordinarily happy. As long as there's no cliff racers. Fuck cliff racers.

Necronic

Staff member
That's not just impressive, it's downright suspicious. I strongly suspect that this is the first step of a Bethesda takeover of the known world.

You know what? If each addition was as large or nearly as large as Skyrim is as a game? This would be the first time I ever purchase DLC outside of a Collector's GOTY edition.

Even if there isn't official DLC content to take advantage of this... I'm sure there will be some enterprising mods created that will.

Necronic

Staff member
There are already reports out there suggesting that this is a fake. Someone get Vreenak in here to figure this out.

I was hoping someone would go somewhere interesting with that. Not bad. I suppose that decent effort is worth +5 Espy points.

So yesterday I realized I had enough leather and iron in my Riften material storage to level up a good 20 blacksmithing levels, so after fighting in my Ebony armor for a bit, I decided to just craft my way right past Deadric and into Dragon. I made a full set of Dragonbone Heavy Armor for myself and a second set of Dragonscale Light Armor for Aela, since I had so many bones and scales. I have enough to even improve them to Legendary and make a second set of Dragonscale I keep in storage incase I want to go back to Light Armor again. Now I just need to improve my enchanting a bit, though this first set I just used some of my Grand Gems to improve health and archery damage, since I love slinking around with my Deadric Bow. Already replaced all the Grand Gems in a recent dwarven ruin quest.

Feel extremely strong now, take down pretty much anything with ease. Murdered a wandering giant in only two arrow shots.

P.S. I found a really good way to level block is just carry a light shield on you and when you get attacked by a thief or something on the roads, equip it and just stand there holding down the block button. The thief does a lot of light attacks but never does a power attack to stagger you, so I just sat there and gained a few levels on one till I got bored. You can also just do this by blocking with the two-hander if you use two-handers, but you then take a bit more actual damage.
I was looking up what type of armour Dragon smithing qualified for( I was assuming some sort of hybrid before I researched) and the heavy armour category Dragon plate is apparantly less armour by a slight bit than Daedric if evenly modifed, though apparantly Dragon is the best light armour as it still edges out glass.
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Armor_(Skyrim)
Just in case you want to min max.

Okay I checked it out. I can see why people would question it. NoClip does not let you pass the invisible barrier that prevents you from leaving the Skyrim region, so I can't move beyond that. However, looking in the distance after flying high above the ground, I can see his images themselves are genuine.

Here is a better video of someone showing off the areas. No idea how he himself got past the barrier either, maybe there is a small "hole" in the barrier if you fly high enough, but either way it shows not ALL of Tamriel is put in, but a decent chunk of it. Here is the map as aproximated by the youtuber.

I was looking up what type of armour Dragon smithing qualified for( I was assuming some sort of hybrid before I researched) and the heavy armour category Dragon plate is apparantly less armour by a slight bit than Daedric if evenly modifed, though apparantly Dragon is the best light armour as it still edges out glass.
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Armor_(Skyrim)
Just in case you want to min max.
It's still a better choice though, because Daedric Hearts are a pain in the ass to find and you'd need at least 5 to make all the items you'd need. Seriously, your only choices for Daedric Hearts are to hope that you get lucky and an apothecary has one or to find rare Daedra mobs and hope they don't kick your ass.

This is opposed to Dragon bone/scales, which are EVERYWHERE and easy to get.

It's still a better choice though, because Daedric Hearts are a pain in the ass to find and you'd need at least 5 to make all the items you'd need. Seriously, your only choices for Daedric Hearts are to hope that you get lucky and an apothecary has one or to find rare Daedra mobs and hope they don't kick your ass.

This is opposed to Dragon bone/scales, which are EVERYWHERE and easy to get.
Oh yah the wiki states that< I am not high enough level to encounter such things and I am going light armour anyways so I have nto searched for the mats for heavy, the the moment I stumbled on a malachite mine I emptied it goodso I don't have to farm whenI can actually make Glass stuff.

Oh yah the wiki states that< I am not high enough level to encounter such things and I am going light armour anyways so I have nto searched for the mats for heavy, the the moment I stumbled on a malachite mine I emptied it goodso I don't have to farm whenI can actually make Glass stuff.
Your going to want AT LEAST one Daedric heart to make a Daedric weapon, as they don't drop often... I've literally never seen any except the ones I've made myself.

Funny enough, by the time I got to the point I passed Deadric, I already had 10 hearts.
I got four from "refusing" Dagon during the reforging of his dagger, fighting off two deadra, and then entering the shrine to kill another two. After that I got another 6 just finding them on merchants in Markath and Dawnstar every few days, and putting some money down on them.
I swear I had an easier time finding the hearts then I do friggin Nirnroot.

Ended up making a whole set of armor, a war axe, and two bows, and still had one left over to finish a questline in Markath that required one.

re: Daedra hearts
The 4 Daedra at Dagon's shrine respawn after about a week or so. Easy way to get a few extra hearts if you need em.

Thieve's Guild stuff.

Alright, finally figured out how to fully restore the the Thieve's Guild: You need to at least 5 side jobs from Devlin or Vex in each City, then do a special job that Devlin gives you. Once you've done this for Whiterun, Winterhelm, Markoth, and Solitude, you get inducted as Guild Master and the achievement pops.

The problem? The jobs they give you are random. So if you need jobs for a certain location, you need to quit jobs until you get one in the right location.