Dragging

Status
Not open for further replies.
The forums are painfully slow right now for me. Everywhere else I am surfing the sites really pop, so it is definitely just the forums. Even the main page for halforums loads just fine. I don't know if it is XenForo or the server or what. I am using Chrome for Mac and have the Social theme.

Dave

Staff member
I'm going through my error logs and see that we did have some Zend errors generated. I'm looking through them now.

Dave

Staff member
I'm getting a truckload of errors from the Google spiders and such. The errors are being seen in my Webtools as 404 errors from my sitemap.

How to fix it is another issue...

I get weird slowdown here, most often when I'm checking my Alerts (though I'd say it happens maybe 1/10 of the time). If I go elsewhere and then come back here in 5 minutes it tends to clear up and stop being so slow.

During they day I'm having to wait an inordinate amount of time for 3rd party links that aren't part of the posts. And that's with an ad blocker on.

Dave

Staff member
Disabled the Twitter. I *THINK* I've disabled the Facebook.

Just a note, when I opened a ticket they said the slowdown was due to two things: My directory structure is still making calls to vBulletin (I'm still getting vB error messages from external third-party places) and Tapatalk has been throwing up errors.

Dave

Staff member
I'd probably have to take the site down for a day or so. I'd have to completely redo the file structure (which needs to be done), blow away all the vB stuff and work on the redirects. The problem with the is the built-in SEO would go nuts again and be a pain in the ass. I think I know how to do it but I'm still afraid of messing stuff up. Blowing stuff away and moving files around is easy - doing so it all works is not so much.

Dave

Staff member
My wife won't be home Thursday or Friday and I'm going to have to take time off from work to do the kid-running thing. That might be a good time to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.