Jay = SeriousJay#1762
LordRendar = LordRendar#2725
Ravenpoe = Ravenpoe#1361
ScytheRexx = ScytheRexx#1179
SpecialKO = notmaker#1301
Squidleybits = Squidleybits#1946
Timmus = HappyMao#1713
Wahad = Wahad#2371

I have it pre-ordered, downloaded, and just waiting for the servers to open up.

I know that makes me a hypocrite as I orginally said I wasn't excited about the game at all.

Turns out I AM actually Blizzard's bitch.

Battletag: Darsiek#1741

I'm also 99.99999999999999999999999999999999% sure that Scytherexx will be playing, unless he's already tired of it from the beta.

Jay... remember what happened the last time you posted a thread about a game with the words "anticipation station?"

No anticipation allowed! Hype is the devil! Hoping for a good game is evil!

I'm also 99.99999999999999999999999999999999% sure that Scytherexx will be playing, unless he's already tired of it from the beta.
Not tired of the game, just tired of fighting the same boss 10000 times and having my characters wiped every few patches. It's in a good enough place I think that I didn't need to write any more game suggestions or bug reports.

Now I got to do all that for the MoP beta.

I got this game as a preorder for Christmas so I will be playing when it's released. I'll post my battlenet ID later as I honestly don't remember what it is at the moment.

Jay... remember what happened the last time you posted a thread about a game with the words "anticipation station?"

No anticipation allowed! Hype is the devil! Hoping for a good game is evil!
Since I already have low expectations I'm sure I'll be pleasantly surprised with Diablo III whereas Mass Effect 3 deftly killed any replay value in the whole series for me.

Go Diablo!

Setting it up to download tonight so I can jump on and give it a spin after work. Hoping Monk is everything I hope it'll be, I'm kind of tired of the Warrior/Barb classes (and Hellfire Monk was ass).

It has begun. As soon as I'm done with my homework, I'm going home and playing until I have to go to work at midnight.

Also I should point out the beta maxes at level 13, so I doubt you'll get too far in it. I'm gonna play a couple characters super late tonight after the servers (hopefully) open up a bit.

So those of you who haven't played it yet, you're basically going to play Act I of the game, and it's just as good as you're hoping. It's classic Diablo but with stuff to take the monotony of potion spam and the like out. Skills feel useful and interesting, the rune system to give them procs and effects is a fun dynamic and makes it hard to choose what attacks to have at the ready. Health globes aren't super plentiful and potions are on a short-ish cooldown, so you can't just run and gun. You do heal slowly over time, but it's not enough to counter the punishment some mobs (and packs) will put out.

The Monk is my favorite so far, and the barbarian is a lot of fun too. Barb feels a little sluggish at first, but once you get Leap and Cleave things get awesome. My only gripe so far is at least early-game 2-handers feel really underpowered. Hopefully they get nasty further in. It's also kinda weird that Monks can use swords/axes/daggers, as opposed to just blunt weapons and fist weapons.

Shaolin Monks often train in weapon styles involving swords, spears, axes, and other weird stuff. It's really not that uncommon.

Shaolin Monks often train in weapon styles involving swords, spears, axes, and other weird stuff. It's really not that uncommon.
I mean, the Monk is a total powerhouse, so I'm not really complaining. Just doesn't fit the usual fantasy setting Monk, I suppose. Not a big deal.

Playing through as a Wizard now, it's a pain early on as always, but I could see them being as brutal as the D2 Sorc eventually.

Well, this is the pits, I will apparently be missing out on the open beta entirely, unless I can log in from my laptop on sunday. Reading the boards, the issue of your username and password not being recognized as correct, even when it is, has been going on for a few months now, and Blizzard has basically said "HERPDEDERP, you must be typing wrong". Even though users can log in from some computers, but not others.

was the term stress test not clear?
Oh, very. I was just amusing myself with the rage of millions of nerds saying "It's one minute past launchtime, beta isn't playing, wtf BLIZZ????" Eventually got in myself, played as Witch Doctor till level 7 with a friend. Pretty smooth, except for a bit of lag here and there. Gonna play some more tonight to see other classes.

I really love the sense of entitlement with the stress test. While looking for possible solutions to my log on problems, I had to mire through countless posts of people complaining and acting like they've actually paid for the game.

It's like, dude, you're playing for free.

On the plus side, regarding not being able to log on, I don't feel like I missed anything while I was finishing up my homework for the week.

The Monk is my favorite so far, and the barbarian is a lot of fun too. Barb feels a little sluggish at first, but once you get Leap and Cleave things get awesome. My only gripe so far is at least early-game 2-handers feel really underpowered. Hopefully they get nasty further in. It's also kinda weird that Monks can use swords/axes/daggers, as opposed to just blunt weapons and fist weapons.
Just finished a Barbarian run-through where I first got a two-handed winter axe and soon after a two-handed lightning sword. I don't know what you mean by underpowered, man. Everything just went flying out the window and/or exploded.

To be fair, I already put in my pre-order of the game a few weeks back. I HAVE paid money for this game, so I'm going to bitch all I like! ;)

That being said, I really liked it. Everything is MUCH simpler than the clusterfuck that was Diablo II's skill system. It's kind of like D&D 4th Edition done right: You get the same skills as everyone else, but you can't use them all at once and you can modify them if you wish. More to the point, all the skills are worth using. It's a brand new world. Only tried Monk and witch Doctor so far, but I can't wait to try the others.