[Gaming] Diablo 3 : Ser Farm-A-Lot

Last week, I realized that the new angel treasure goblin pet is not the Chapter IV like I thought it was, but rather an additional pet acquired once hitting the Guardian level. Oops.

...just one week later, I’m already almost P700 and have completed the entire season journey.
Barb with Wastes + Lamentation and with Ambos Pride in the Cube is totes OP, y’all.

—Patrick

Last edited:
I went in to finish up this season's journey yesterday, only to find out my seasonal character suddenly...wasn't? And all their stuff was in the mail. But I didn't see any season's-end messages yet either, so now I'm confused what happened - you can't turn a seasonal character non-seasonal halfway through, can you?
Oh well, I'll be waiting for next season, I guess.

you can't turn a seasonal character non-seasonal halfway through, can you?
No, you can't. Are you sure you didn't abandon during season 18 and this is just your first login since then? Last year or the year before, they promised they were always going to announce end of season with enough lead time that it wouldn't come as a surprise.

But if that is the case*, I'm glad I finished up when I did. I'd completed the entire journey except for "Master a Set Dungeon," which was blocking my completion of the last 4 steps. I knew it would be trivially easy to complete this dungeon with the Immortal Kings set, so I had been putting it off. When they announced maintenance coming on Tue, I went and put the set on to complete the dungeon on the off chance that "server maintenance" might also mean "end of season." Didn't optimize the build or anything, just went over to do the dungeon with something like 15min left before server maintenance started. It took me two tries to do it, and the only reason I didn't do it on the first try is because I didn't realize that entering the dungeon would reset all your buffs and I was supposed to know I needed to cast them again. So that second run finished with something like 7min until the start of server main.

--Patrick
*I just checked, season is not yet ended, so this probably just means you haven't touched D3 since S18!

It's pretty easy:
  1. Start Barb
  2. Redeem Wastes set from journey
  3. Wear Lamentation belt (easy to upgrade from yellow if you don't find one)
  4. Cube Ambos Pride, Mantle of Channeling, and Skull Grasp
  5. Wield the two Bul-Kathos mighty weapons
  6. Socket Bane of the Trapped, Taeguk, and Invigorating Gemstone
  7. ???
  8. Whirlwind your way to GR85 even if neither weapon is ancient.
Yes, that's right. I'm breezing through GR85 solo even though I have not yet replaced either of my two weapons with an ancient.
Like I said, Wastes is so much OP with the new buff to Ambos.

--Patrick

:( man, sometimes I really do miss my other reactions. And my other smileys from other places!
Haven't been on line since my last post, when I play today I think I'll be starting off going to get Leoric's crown, then go back to adventure.

70P30. Just finishing up chapter 4 of the Journey.
Yes, this b uild works (even without the 6-piece bonus I can already tell this'll be pretty dang powerful). But without Ambo's Pride, sheesh I'm slow. And I'm going to guess my luck at finding Ambo's is going to be as good as my luck at finding the Sacred Harvester when I'm playing Witch Doctor :-P
as always, having trouble managing my Fury, but that's what I mainly remember from the last time I played a Barb, too, so I guess that's just me.

70P30. Just finishing up chapter 4 of the Journey.
Yes, this b uild works (even without the 6-piece bonus I can already tell this'll be pretty dang powerful). But without Ambo's Pride, sheesh I'm slow. And I'm going to guess my luck at finding Ambo's is going to be as good as my luck at finding the Sacred Harvester when I'm playing Witch Doctor :-P
as always, having trouble managing my Fury, but that's what I mainly remember from the last time I played a Barb, too, so I guess that's just me.
Ambos is a mighty weapon, so you can make one by upgrading rares if you're having trouble finding one.
Managing fury is not that hard. You will have to prioritize %resource gear and maybe put a topaz in your helm, but once you get the two bul-kathos swords, your fury problems will be over.

--Patrick

You're right that the Bul Kathos swords have Solved All Fury Problems, though they tanked my sheet damage.
Still no Lamentation, Band of Might, Ring of the Zodiac, or Ambo's Pride. Currently pretty much walking through T10 and managing T13 but it's a bit slow going there.
Fun build, though, and fairly versatile - I'm geared and skilled differently from either the Rend build or ther Whirlwind build they've got up on Icy Veins and doing just fine. Those few missing pieces of gear would really push my DPS up. But I'm already doing easy 3 minute T10 rifts, which definitely wasn't the case with either a Necro or a WD at this stage. Heck, I've done a 2 minute rift on T10 on my own by accident. That's a change.

I was doing okay-ish with T9 public rifts.
Then someone in town dropped an Ambos Pride.
I'm now doing T13/GR60 solo with two "normal" (not ancient) Bul Kathos swords and they don't even have sockets in them.
I think I gained something like 50 paragon levels in about 20min.
The hunt is on!

--Patrick

I was doing okay-ish with T9 public rifts.
Then someone in town dropped an Ambos Pride.
I'm now doing T13/GR60 solo with two "normal" (not ancient) Bul Kathos swords and they don't even have sockets in them.
I think I gained something like 50 paragon levels in about 20min.
The hunt is on!

--Patrick
I've literally done nothing but gamble for Mighty Belts and upgrade Mighty Weapons since finishing the Journey - I've seen every legendary MB there is except Lamentation, and most legendary one handed mighty weapons - including doubles of the Bul Kathos set - but not Ambo.
I'll score both when I'm done with the season, as is my usual style. :p

Hey, there's still time to farm as double barbs, and share the loot.
There's still another 10 days, I'll try to catch you online, if you've got the time.

--Patrick

Oh man, so obviously i just had a really really crappy Lamentation, and an ancient Ambo's Pride drop - which I cubed with a look of sadness and all, but whatever. Then I decided the Lamentation was so badly rolled I might as well use it to get the "reroll a legendary" box ticked. I guess RNG took that as a challenge and made it even crappier. Oh well. Still almost triples my damage, and Ambo's about 15doubled it.
Yeah, you're right this build is OP as fuck. I'm not looseley whirlwinding through T16 without ever needing to stop, only constrained by my movement speed, really. Suddenly it makes sense why there's so much emphasis on CDR in builds I see like this - getting Wrath up permanently is probably the only worthwhile way of spending your secondary stats, since you're already mowing things down like nothing.
Yup, it's fun.
Now all I need is a full IK set to go master a dungeon, 'cause screw the WotW set dungeon, ugh.

screw the WotW set dungeon, ugh.
THIIIIIIISSSS
(also missed you by 18min - thanks, grocery day!)

Also switch "Unforgiving" out for "Boon of Bul-Kathos" so it will cut 30sec off your Wrath cooldown. Cubing the Zodiac ring will speed it up, too. In my build I'm not even using Wrath, just wearing an Aquila Cuirass with the Grandeur ring for my extra DR (Damage Reduction).

--Patrick

THIIIIIIISSSS
(also missed you by 18min - thanks, grocery day!)

Also switch "Unforgiving" out for "Boon of Bul-Kathos" so it will cut 30sec off your Wrath cooldown. Cubing the Zodiac ring will speed it up, too. In my build I'm not even using Wrath, just wearing an Aquila Cuirass with the Grandeur ring for my extra DR (Damage Reduction).

--Patrick
No Zodiac ring yet...which is odd, given that I'm usually swimming in those at this point.
I'm still using a cubed Unity, though I don't know if it's doing much for me at this point. In greater GRs I might need the toughness again (I mean, I know I will) but right now nothing lives long enough to hit me. And I'm still wearing a yellow ring! YELLOW!
Really weird at this point.

Welp that's mostly that.
I have a complete IK set now, so it's just three gems to 70 and GR45 with no set items, and I'll be done.
Though I think I'm going to put off the set dungeon until last, just so I can get 'em all in one burst.

--Patrick

Welp that's mostly that.
I have a complete IK set now, so it's just three gems to 70 and GR45 with no set items, and I'll be done.
Though I think I'm going to put off the set dungeon until last, just so I can get 'em all in one burst.

--Patrick
Is it me, or was The Thrill completely trivialized by the introduction of LoD? I'm still debating between leveling LoD to 50, doing the Thrill, then using that as my augment, or leveling the Boon of the Hoarder, getting Avarice (another conquest made ridiculously easy, because of the introduction of T16) and then using that :confused: first time I remember where I might actually get 4 conquests without even trying.

You know, when I did The Thrill on the US server, I didn't even think to use LoD. I just put together a smash build and Hammer of the Ancients'd my way to the end, along with a Unity and an Aquila Cuirass.
Considering that Guardian requires 3 stones to 70, and one of the Conquests is 3 stones to... 65? It's like getting a free Conquest.

--Patrick

Heh. I’m still pushing my gems. Spent my time today solely farming T16 bounties so I could clear out the stash page of stuff to feed to the cube. Fortunately you get 22 per run on T16 so it goes pretty quickly. Also the leveling is nice since every bounty run is almost guaranteed to have 3 other people in it. Probably won’t even bother with Avarice this season, might just boost LoD and do The Thrill since embarrassingly enough I never thought to try that before.

—Patrick

I've got three gems to 64 now, and Boon to 50. So just the augment, which will be Boon, a little bit of GR'ing, and a set dungeon left to go. Won't be able to play again until Wednesday, but in all honesty I've probably only got about an hour left to finish the journey.

Well that’d work, because the only days I’d be able to play which would match up with your schedule are Sun and Wed. I’ll look for ya.

—Patrick

Last edited:
As far as portrait frames go, I now have:

- Imperius up to Conqueror
- Blood Shard up to Guardian
- Greyhollow up to Guardian
- Eternal Woods to Guardian
- Call to Adventure to Guardian
- Eternal Conflict to Guardian
- Season 3. Just...."season 3". Why doesn't that one have a name? And why do I only have one of them instead of a few more?
- a whole bunch of paragon ones, of course
- Necromancer
- Portrait of Valor (which I think was a new one for this season?)

Guess I'll have to hope Imperius comes along again. And apparently I'm missing quite a few....I've skipped a couple of seasons, but not that many, I thought. I've finished both Blood Shard and Greyhollow before. Pah!

I have no idea what I have, because I don’t even know how to check, for one. And also that was back when even doing GR60 solo was hard.
i have all the pets, though. Still missing the galaxy wings from rainbow land And the tattered ones from set dungeons.

If you’ve already finished the journey, then I’ll wrap up tomorrow. The invitation for Wed is still open, though.

Also: You agree that IK is a cakewalk, right?

—Patrick

I have no idea what I have, because I don’t even know how to check, for one. And also that was back when even doing GR60 solo was hard.
i have all the pets, though. Still missing the galaxy wings from rainbow land And the tattered ones from set dungeons.

If you’ve already finished the journey, then I’ll wrap up tomorrow. The invitation for Wed is still open, though.

Also: You agree that IK is a cakewalk, right?

—Patrick
IK set dungeon was ridiculously easy. I did have to do it twice, because the first time one of my Ancients killed an elite just as Wrath fell off, and I threw on some more CDR and a movement skill in comparison to the first run just to keep it simple - permanent Wrath was easily achievable that way.
It's a tiny dungeon, I had 2 minutes left on the timer filter mastery :cool:
As for wings, definitely don't have the set dungeons one, but I do have the galactic ones - which I really like - and the necro ones.
You can check your portrait frames in the same menu where you can change wings and pets and stuff, it lists them all by name.

D3resource.com lists all the season rewards for past seasons on the overview tab, btw.
Thanks! I’ve just... never looked.
Mainly because I really don’t care one whit about portrait frames, I’m only interested in the pets/wings/banners. Heck, most of the time my characters still run around in rainbow armor because I don’t even care about that.

—Patrick

Thanks! I’ve just... never looked.
Mainly because I really don’t care one whit about portrait frames, I’m only interested in the pets/wings/banners. Heck, most of the time my characters still run around in rainbow armor because I don’t even care about that.

—Patrick
Oh heavens yes. The only time I ever transmogrify something is for the journey.