Demographics: Processed cheese

Regarding the foodstuff colloquially known as "American Cheese"

• It's my favorite cheese.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like it as much as I like any other cheese.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I don't dislike it, but I prefer other cheeses.

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • It's good in certain cases or recipes, but I otherwise avoid it.

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • I don't like it, and there are very few recipes or foods that I'll eat which include it.

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters
I'm so sorry you people don't get adobera cheese ♥♥♥
So creamy and rich, so fresh and delicious! It melts like a bitch ♥

Not the best cheese in the world(also not cheese at all) but if I have some balogna I'd put it on there. I don't like it grilled though, feel it has a weird consistency melted.

I don't remember why I know this, but cheese curds are pretty easy to find the the northern-central US. I've never had one, either. I also remember hearing that they squeek when you eat them.

They have the consistency of a pencil eraser. I can't stand them, or anything with a mouthfeel similar to plastic.

I don't remember why I know this, but cheese curds are pretty easy to find the the northern-central US. I've never had one, either. I also remember hearing that they squeek when you eat them.
Dried curds will.

Dried is one of my favorite ways to eat cheese. I'll leave the bag open in the hopes that the end will start to harden in the fridge, just so I can get that squeaky, Slo-Poke-like texture.

--Patrick

I miss spanish cheeses so much T_T The only thing they get over here is overpriced mediocre "manchego" cheese.
Where are you?

Also, adobera is not spanish, it's quite mexican, even in México you don't get it everywhere, my state is rich in cheese variety.

Where are you?

Also, adobera is not spanish, it's quite mexican, even in México you don't get it everywhere, my state is rich in cheese variety.
Blargh sorry, you're right, I mistook your avatar for someone else's >_> I'm in GA, U.S.

Point stands, it seems like the more spanish-speaking the country, the better the cheeses.

I have trouble finding cheese curds, I hoped it would be easier to find in foodie SF Bay Area, especially with dairies around. Trader Joe's used to sell them, but no more, and what farmer's market vendors claim are curds are nothing more than cubes of cheese, not the same thing at all.

Blargh sorry, you're right, I mistook your avatar for someone else's >_> I'm in GA, U.S.

Point stands, it seems like the more spanish-speaking the country, the better the cheeses.
I was in Spain for some months before and posted a lot about it, you probably got the impression I was still there n_n

You should have seen the old days in Illinois. There was this section of US 41 just south of Russell Road that had a bunch of stores that had nothing but gas, smokes, lottery tickets and margarine.

You guys joke about it, but when I moved back to Seattle from Wisconsin I had one request from a northwesterner for a gift that I should bring back for them, and it was cheese shaped like Wisconsin. Which I dutifully bought at a gas station on my way out of town.

Grocery stores here in South-Central Wis usually have at least one of those open-top-sideways-is-the-long-side cooler dedicated to cheese curds.

Whenever I go to Culvers - have to get the deep fried cheese curds as my side item instead of fries.... :minionhappy:

You do know that you can do the "secret menu" thing at Culver's? Order a side of fries, a side of curds, and some mashed potatoes with gravy on the side... and while you're munching on mashed potatoes, you can make your Canadian friend happy?

Grocery stores here in South-Central Wis usually have at least one of those open-top-sideways-is-the-long-side cooler dedicated to cheese curds.

Whenever I go to Culvers - have to get the deep fried cheese curds as my side item instead of fries.... :minionhappy:
You tease. My wife and I flew back to Wisconsin a year and a half ago for a visit. Literally the only place I wanted to go outside of my parents' actual house was Culvers for some cheese curds, because while we do have cheese curds out here, no one's frying them. We were there for 4 days, never made it to Culvers. Been craving the damn things for two years now. Maybe this summer I'll drive to Wisconsin for some fried cheese curds. Last summer I drove 5 hours for a cheeseburger.

There's only one way to settle this: Cheese Competition! Countries will present their best* cheeses for sampling. I nominate myself as Tasting Judge. :D
(*Velveeta need not apply. )

Cajungal

Staff member
There's only one way to settle this: Cheese Competition! Countries will present their best* cheeses for sampling. I nominate myself as Tasting Judge. :D
(*Velveeta need not apply. )
I will join you. *puts on judge's sash I've been saving*