Del Toro pulls out of The Hobbit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cajungal

Staff member
I already barked up that tree, Dr., and no one laughed. :cry:
I missed it! Good, I was thinking this place was starting to lose it's touch. But, seriously, we're humor snobs. Our jokes are too witty for the masses.[/QUOTE]

Wanna start a club!?! :D :D :D *starts building a kickass treehouse*

-Leslie, who always wanted to start a club and have a clubhouse

I'm not so sure about Jackson... The Hobbit and LotR are two completely different beasts... the former is less epic and sprawling.. more personal. Del Toro was a GREAT choice for that. Jackson NAILED LotR, but I'm not so sure his style will fit The Hobbit as well. I've liked very few movies of his besides LotR :eek:hwell:

Not really in the same vein as The Hobbit, though, is it?

And The Lovely Bones was one of the worst movies I saw last year.

The Lovely Bones is the only movie of his that I haven't liked. You want personal? Watch Heavenly Creatures. Easily the best movie he has ever done.

Dead Alive was the first one I watched, from Jackson. I've never looked at a push-mower the same way ever since. I also dig the Frighteners and Heavenly Creatures. However, I really disliked Lovely Bones, and was bored by King Kong. His staff will likely control this project too much. It probably won't matter who they get to direct it at this point.

Heavenly Creatures was amazing.

Stayed away from the Lovely Bones because everyone I knew who liked Heavenly Creatures hated it. :p

King Kong was also a snore fest.

Except for the T-Rex scenes, at least.

But yeah... I've lost the blind faith I once had in Jackson. I'm worried he's going to want to do The Hobbit too LotR-y

Cajungal

Staff member
AUUGH Every time I think of King Kong I get mad at Naomi Watts. Would it have killed her to actually learn how to freaking juggle?!

P

Philosopher B.

I pretty much like every movie I've seen by the guy, King Kong included (though it coulda used some tightening) ... granted, I haven't seen The Lovely Bones yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.