[Question] Dear DJ Dusty Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the past couple of weeks at Amazon they've hired a DJ to come in & pipe music through the building to keep the people happy while we ship the packages. Usually he would come in shortly after lunch & play music (& ONLY music - no VO or talkies) for 5 hours until it was quittin time.

The music mix was a good variety of new pop, classic rock & pop etc. No thrash metal, country or hardcore rap. Basically adult contemporary with a good splash of Christmas themed music every so often.

So my question is... If you're going to play "Sweet Caroline", why, oh WHY would you NOT play the Neil Diamond version?

Dave

Staff member
He's an idiot who is playing what he wants not what the audience wants. Maybe he thinks that everyone has heard the Neil Diamond version and would like to hear the Frank Sinatra or Bobby Womack version. Or maybe even the (*shudder*) Gimme Gimme's version.

In any event I wouldn't have done it.

Yeah - so I know it wasn't Sinatra or Elvis. Listening to those links above, I think it was indeed the Gimmes version. I could maybe forgive Sinatra or Elvis, cause they're classics too (at least the artists are.) Glee I could understand cause they're new & hot. But the Gimmes? I mean c'mon man. Sweet Caroline is Neil's signature.

Anyways, thanks Dave. I knew you'd understand.

Might as well use the aptly titled thread for another DJ question...

While researching my next headphone purchase, I see a lot of them listed as DJ headphones, like the Sennheiser HD25-1's and the V-Moda line (Crossfade LP, LP2, and M80). Do you have a preference in DJ type cans?

Dave

Staff member
Depends on what you are looking for. If you are going to be a professional DJ you want ear cups big enough to totally surround your lobes. This cuts down on noise and allows you to lower the volume a bit so you don't blow your drums out trying to cue up the next track when you're blasting the current one.

For sound, fit and a chord that is actually durable, I prefer the Skullcandy SK Pro.

Amazon product

Another one I've used is the Sennheiser which you mentioned, but they are much more expensive. Yes, they are durable and cancel noise like a motherfucker, but if you're in public where others might play with your headphones you might want to avoid the super expensive.

Amazon product

So, Dave, you didn't answer the most important question: which one fit better under your helmet or was the sound system built into the helmet?

Status
Not open for further replies.