Dear Charlie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
*ahem*

GO COWBOYS!!!

For those of you not in the know, Charlie Tweeted me Saturday (and I'm rarely on on the weekends).

@Halforums I know it's hard to know that the cowboys' season ends tonight
Officially I'd like to say to Charlie and all the Cowboys Haters out there...SUCK IT!!

That is all.

ffffffffff. I was gonna start an NFL playoffs thread, but got distracted. I am not really an Eagles fan, just someone in Texas that doesn't really care about the Cowboys. Here's my handy-dandy playoffs rooting chart:

1) Jets
2) Packers
3) Cardinals
4) Bengals
5) Saints
6) Eagles
138) Cowboys
139) Vikings
140) Chargers
590) Colts
592) Ravens
593) Patriots

K

Kitty Sinatra

Damn. The Patriots are out.

Oh well. GO RAVENS!

(And when they lose to Indy it's gonna be GO PEYTON!)

(( I'm an AFC guy apparently ))

((( This isn't a response to Chuck's list, it just happens to be mine )))

Damn. The Patriots are out.

Oh well. GO RAVENS!

(And when they lose to Indy it's gonna be GO PEYTON!)

(( I'm an AFC guy apparently ))

((( This isn't a response to Chuck's list, it just happens to be mine )))
I think the Ravens have a decent chance of finally beating the Colts I mean the last game they played they held Peyton to some very low numbers. And from what I saw yesterday the Ravens Defense has only gotten better, Suggs was able to Strip Brady on a 3 man rush, The Defense was able to disguise their Blitzes and make Brady scramble so badly he threw 3 interceptions and even when he did throw correctly the corners were on the receivers so close that they were often Tackled before they even got a foot on the ground.

Course the Raven's Offense this week consisted of Blockers, Runners and one guy who handed the ball to the running backs so I'm not as confident in the Offense's ability to get shit done since they were playing it safe and working hard not to let the Pats get back in the game due to a turnover in good field position.

Live in Texas, and when I actually watched football (late 80s-mid 90s) I was a die-hard 49ers fan. Go Montana/Young! Down with the Cowboys!

K

Kitty Sinatra

Well shit. I thought Baltimore was playing San Diego next week.

Colts vs Jets is gonna be a pretty boring Conference championship.

Saints vs Cowboys should be more entertaining at least

Hmm, the last time I paid any attention to the NFL, some guy called Aikman was handing off the ball to some other guy named Smith. Are those guys still around?

C

Chazwozel

ffffffffff. I was gonna start an NFL playoffs thread, but got distracted. I am not really an Eagles fan, just someone in Texas that doesn't really care about the Cowboys. Here's my handy-dandy playoffs rooting chart:

1) Jets
2) Packers
3) Cardinals
4) Bengals
5) Saints
6) Eagles
138) Cowboys
139) Vikings
140) Chargers
590) Colts
592) Ravens
593) Patriots

Jets, Colts, and anyone playing the Ravens are my favorite team this playoffs.

Dave

Staff member
The Jets won't get past the Chargers.

I picked 3 out of the 4 from last week (I had Green Bay winning) and here's how I see this week.

New Orleans v. Arizona - Arizona's defense is not good enough to cover Brees. Granted, NO comes into the game flat but they've had some rest and should roll over Arizona.
Dallas v. Minnesota - I am a Favre fan. I am also a huge Dallas fan. And defense will win this one. The Dallas defensive line is going to control this game and even though Favre has a bunch of weapons, he doesn't have the mobility he used to. This one could go either way, but I think the Cowboys should win this as a close game.
Colts v. Ravens - The Ravens have their run going and are coming into this game hot. Too bad it's not going to last. Manning has something to prove and he will do so against the Ravens. I predict this to be closer than it would have been had the Colts been playing strong into the playoffs, but it will still be a sizable Colts win.
Chargers v. Jets - Sorry, Cinderella, but the clock is striking midnight. Sanchez is good and the Jets proved something to everyone this year, but San Diego is just too strong in every area of the game.

Conference Championship:

New Orleans v. Dallas - I'd like to say that the Cowboys were going to win this one, but they have a few things stacked against them. First, NO has incentive as the Cowboys beat them to ruin their perfect season. The Cowboys have shown a vulnerability to defend against the long ball, which Brees likes to throw. The NO defense is a blitzing monster that will throw Romo off of his game and cause him to make some costly mistakes. As much as I hate to say this, but NO wins.

Indianapolis v. San Diego - Payton Manning is an amazing quarterback. The Colts' defense has been stepping up lately and they'll have a game under their belt so they are not coming in to this cold. But it won't matter. San Diego is a very, very strong team who is rolling. Even though they came in as the #2 seed they seem to be the most overlooked team in the AFC. The Colts don't want to meet this team and we'll all see why. Chargers roll into the Superbowl.

Superbowl

New Orleans v. San Diego - This game is a pretty good matchup. Both teams have the same strengths at QB and defense. Add in the fact that both QBs have something to prove. Brees left San Diego because they refused to pay him what he wanted even though he was a top-5 franchise QB. They used a shoulder injury as leverage against Brees and he left for New Orleans. The teams have only met once since then and the Saints won 36-32 with amazing performances by both QBs (Brees was 30/41-339-3 with no interceptions while Rivers was 25/40-341-3 with 1 interception). Still, I think San Diego is too strong to stop. It's going to be a high scoring game, but SD pulls it out to win the whole enchilada.

It's so weird for me to see people talking about Arizona in the playoffs two years in a row. It is truly surreal.

Gotta disagree with you here.

Dallas beats Minn. AP isn't playing the level of ball he's been playing and Favre can't beat the Cowboys by himself. With the way that Anthony Spencer and DeMarcus Ware are playing, the Cowboys were getting pressure on McNabb with just their normal rush most of the time. From what I've seen of Minn's O-Line, it's on par with Philly's, and Favre doesn't have McNabb's mobility, or what he has left of it. Cowboys roll over Minn 27-17.

Arizona beats NO. NO ran out of gas before they playing the Cowboys. The Skins nearly beat them (had it not been for Suisham's missed FG...scares me that he's a Cowboy) and it was a downhill ride from there. I'd like to say that it will be a high scoring game, but the Cowboys provided the blueprint to stopping NO. I'd also say that the NO vs. Cowboys game was a fluke, but NO did the same thing the next two weeks. Arizona wins, 42-28.

Dallas beats Arizona. Put 95-100k people in a dome for an NFC Championship game and it's going to get rowdy. The Cowboys are playing the best ball they've played since the early 90's...complete ball from offense to special teams. People are saying that Romo is due for a bad game, but in the two losses the Cowboys had to NY and SD, Romo played well enough to win and cut out the bad/costly mistakes. Arizona has a great air attack, and the Cowboys ARE a bit weak against it, but not enough to lose the game. Mike Jenkins has turned into a top 10, if not Top 5 corner, in the last half of the season. In fact, he makes Newman look like a chump. The Cowboys are the healthiest team in the playoffs. That can change, but it'd take something severe happening. Cowboys over Arizona 28-21.

I'm not as knowledgeable about the AFC this year. This would be Philip River's year if it weren't Manning's. Peyton Manning is getting it done with a crew of youngsters. They win the close games and that's what impresses me more about Indy than it does about SD. Indy to the Bowl vs the Cowboys.

I've typed enough, but Indy over the Cowboys 21-20.

The key to beating NO is the running game. That's where they are weakest. Ariz just doesn't have that great of a running attack. Their power is through the air. NO's power is also through the air, so I really think that game is going to be a shootout and closer than many think.

I'd LOVE to see the Cowboys go all the way once again, I grew up watching Aikman and Emmit Smith kick ass all over the place.

So do Canadians, apparently

http://www.cfl.ca/
Oh, I know we have the CFL. But nobody I've met actually gives a rats ass about it. Except for virtually everyone in Saskatchewan. But they can't really be blamed for it, I mean they've got nothing else.

I'm just upset that during the World Juniors, nothin'. Not even during the gold medal game when I came here SPECIFICALLY to be all like "HOLY SHIT JORDAN EBERLE!". I've been in an extra hockey loving mood as of late and this forum has let me down. :p

K

Kitty Sinatra

No one'll be talking aboot the Olympic Hockey either, dude. Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.