[Question] Counseling?

That was... surprisingly more help than I thought.

Nothing hugely insightful, nothing that I haven't already told myself a couple times, but the way he framed it helped me to put some stuff in a new perspective, and that's going to give me a direction.

Damned shame that I needed someone to do it FOR me, but I'll take it.

Dave

Staff member
Exactly as it was for me. The fear and self-loathing of having to go just kind of blows away in the wind.

So glad you went and that it helped!

Necronic

Staff member
The part I don't get is how in the hell people have time for it. I tried going to a therapist once. When I found out it would require one hour a week during work hours I just gave up on it. That's unrealistic to expect anyone to do that.

I go every 2-4 weeks, and yeah, I'm just out for an appointment during that time. I would imagine a less relaxed work place could make that difficult.

The part I don't get is how in the hell people have time for it. I tried going to a therapist once. When I found out it would require one hour a week during work hours I just gave up on it. That's unrealistic to expect anyone to do that.
There's a reason why my wife's 5 and 6pm sessions fill first.

They got day jobs too.

Odds are you're there for a reason and should make the time for it. Book earlier or later appointments. Or around lunch time.

That was... surprisingly more help than I thought.

Nothing hugely insightful, nothing that I haven't already told myself a couple times, but the way he framed it helped me to put some stuff in a new perspective, and that's going to give me a direction.

Damned shame that I needed someone to do it FOR me, but I'll take it.
Yup, I'm glad it's helping man. I think those of us that don't get some kind of help turn to way darker things to deal with what comes in the job. Usually it's a member's family that suffers, if they stick around.