Conquest is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JCM

But you have to admit the game lasted a LOT longer this time before obvious problems cropped up.

A few more suggested tweaks and we might have a balanced game.
M complaints here... Im actually happy I lasted this long and wanted to see how long it can drag out.... Suggestions?

1) Offense costs a little higher

2) Put a little cap on attacks, lets say you can attack someone how many times you want, then the next day, no ( I ended up reducing two villages to ruins by attacking them a few times a day)

3)The spies should leave when you dont have money to pay them, because the current system allows you to exploit their not leaving and keeping around tens of thousands of spies.[/QUOTE]

1) Can do.

2) Can't do unless I make raids cost more turns. Right now it's 3 but I can make that higher. I could also make the turns longer than 15 minutes.

3) Can't do that. Not in the admin parameters. I could make them more expensive to buy, though.[/QUOTE]Hmm, then make raids and spy missions each worth 2.

That will make for attacking and utter havoc

Well, we can't make it utter havoc. That will drive off all the casual players. The big problem seems to me to be balancing the game against those who are more obsessive against those who are more casual in their approach. Although, I don't know if rules that appeal to both can be reconciled.

Shannow

Staff member
QWell, right now, defense is essientailly worthless as its is double the cost of offense. That isnt right. It should have a good deal more merit.

J

JCM

Well, we can't make it utter havoc. That will drive off all the casual players. The big problem seems to me to be balancing the game against those who are more obsessive against those who are more casual in their approach. Although, I don't know if rules that appeal to both can be reconciled.
I know its probably impossible, but a system ala "WOW" or "The world ends with you" that gives extra gold when a casual player hasnt logged on for a long time, when he logs on would be nice.

Not a lot, that makes it viable to do so, but just enough so that they arent fighting with sticks when Drifter here is off testing his new lazer guns.

I second raids costing 2 because the high turn cost and high risk make gold making alot more appealing.
For making offense cost more, do not make it cost more than defense. Somewhere between 75%-90% the cost of defense would work.
Oh and for the more casual player make it so you do not have to check in as often to avoid losing turns. So less turns per hour or a higher number of turns you can have saved up.

The issue for me is there's NO benefit to attacking most players - they don't have enough gold to interest me, so the only reason to do so is to drive their troop levels down, which is fun in a "haha, gotcha" way, it isn't going to make for lasting warfare.

Don't know right now if there's a way to make it worthwhile, though. I'd take the risk of hitting someone if I knew that I was going to get something significant in return occasionally.

-Adam

So, stienman... have you basically decided just to annoy people with spy missions? If so, it's working :). Interesting ploy, regarding your stats.

Yeah, well, it's not as if I can touch you any time soon. I can't steal your gold - you don't keep it around long enough. Taking your troops is pointless.

But you spend gold on spies, so I can at least destroy 'gold', and force you to buy more, rather than spending money on defense/offense.

-Adam

The issue for me is there's NO benefit to attacking most players - they don't have enough gold to interest me, so the only reason to do so is to drive their troop levels down, which is fun in a "haha, gotcha" way, it isn't going to make for lasting warfare.

Don't know right now if there's a way to make it worthwhile, though. I'd take the risk of hitting someone if I knew that I was going to get something significant in return occasionally.

-Adam
Exactly why I think lowering the amount of gold you get from generating income will help. The only reason I attacked people was because I was bored with just making gold and buying stuff. I was also trying to slow people down a bit, but that didn't go so well.

Dave

Staff member
So is the game pretty much run its course or are there ways to make it better?

Or do we use it as a contest? Reset it and the top army at the end is declared the winner.

Dave

Staff member
I think that's really the key. If new people keep joining then it keeps it even. Maybe after we get things moving we'll be fine.

Shannow

Staff member
Should be. I would say do a full reset very soon, and let it build from there with your new tweaks.

I

Iaculus

The sixty-minute refresh might be overkill if we're keeling the same rate of gain per round. Maybe drop it to thirty?

Do like the increased turn maximum, though.

The sixty-minute refresh might be overkill if we're keeling the same rate of gain per round. Maybe drop it to thirty?

Do like the increased turn maximum, though.
It's set up for 5 turns every 60 minutes, so you won't lose your turns if you play once every other day. (ie, it takes 48 hours to fill up the 240 turn limit)

It's 4 times slower than before - we'll have to see how it works out.

-Adam

Dave

Staff member
I'm going to up that to 10 per hour like I had before Arvixe threw us back in time 3 hours.

While overall I like the changes, I agree with Iaculus in that I think 5 turns per 30 minutes would be better. If you happen to lose all your soldiers in an attack, you might have to wait the better part of an hour for the refresh to hit. That's kind of a bummer

Offensive weapons are more expensive now? I thought we were encouraging people to attack - was there too much attacking going on?

-Adam

I

Iaculus

Ame seems to have had her name go invisible, making her untargetable. Bit odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.