Conquest is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shannow

Staff member
Actually, the switch earlier and the battles from everyone made it quite delightful today.

Aint that right, Secratary of Defense Rummy?

Hmmm, guess not. Excuse me....

Can someone get fresh baby carcasses for Rummy!? He is on the warpath again!!!

Okay, I am back

Shannow

Staff member
Well, the game seems to be picking up a bit, and a lot more fun no-

Huh, whats that? Drifter is suicide bombing the front!? Has the line held!?

Good work, Rummy!

J

JCM

I have all this pent up aggression from sitting around on my piles of gold.

You should release that aggression by using it to buy spies, then spying on Drifter and Shannow until they have no more spies.

-Adam[/QUOTE]Done that, he has no more spies.

Sadly, I cant get to do anything else, as I lose 160 troops whenever I attack him.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

I've made the change.

You know, once we've evened this game out a bit it might be fun.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

Thats where my 9,000 gold went to... guess 9000 spies from the JCM village now will now have to stand in the welfare line.

J

JCM

Also...the Moderhaters are rising to glory and power once more! assuming our rightful place!
You´ll never do that by turtling, I mean, a 2000 increase in defense overnight?

EDIT: Is there anyway I can fire my scouts? They find me six villages to attack, make me waste turns spying on them, and when I want to attack, they deem every one of the six villages as too weak.

Good God, man! How do you do it?
Well, let's see.

He's got 1k troops and a 5% income bonus, so every 10 turns he gets 2,100 gold. Over 10 hours this amounts to 42k gold if he spends all his turns on income.

The most efficient armor gives 1 power per 4 gold, so 42k can buy 10.5k power.

If he's run the numbers he knows that at this point it's better to invest in barrack training than armor (up to a point) so if he's already at 40% bonus for armor, add 5% bonus for moderator nation, and over 10 hours he can increase his defense power by just over 15k.

Yesterday morning he was at 45k defense, and today he's at 55k defense, so he's spent perhaps half his time building troops (about 9-10 per ten turns, or about 200 troops per 10 hours) and half building defense.

-Adam

I can never get that many troops. As soon as I start to get a few troops I get creamed.
You have too much gold lying around. I was doing the same - never getting much above 60, but unless I got rid of my gold every 15 minutes, I would be hit.

Now that I've got more than 58 spies and they cost money, though, I never have any gold, so I can ignore the game for hours at a time and (generally) people don't hit me.

There are a few people that will hit you even if you have no gold, but they are also busy and have to weigh the risk vs benefit.

Of course, you lose all your turn by turn gold, so it isn't a small cost, but troops are generally worth more than gold in the long run.

-Adam

Problem with stacking defense is you can never stay ahead of those stacking offense. I spent almost all my time rebuilding troops, and have been able to up my offense at least 10k points since yesterday. I think I spent maybe 2 turns generating income. The most you can hope for is that others don't want to waste the troops attacking you.

Shannow

Staff member
Problem with stacking defense is you can never stay ahead of those stacking offense. I spent almost all my time rebuilding troops, and have been able to up my offense at least 10k points since yesterday. I think I spent maybe 2 turns generating income. The most you can hope for is that others don't want to waste the troops attacking you.
Perhaps. Then again, it also depends on HOW you stack defense. I started slow, building low level armor and dfense levels at the low numbers, then I would sell off the armor when i would have enoguh to move to the next level of defense, and begoing. i think I am at the wizrd towers bons of 100% now.

I could sell off all my armor and start again..leve me prime for attack since the bonus wouldnt matter much without the armor to base the percentage off of though...hmmmm.

Or sell it all, and start stacking offense. Rummy likes that idea.

I started slow too, making sure all my men were equipped. I've got 63k Def right now, but I've been spending the last couple days upping offense. Drifter was able to make pretty easy work of me, but I was 100 or so troops behind at the time.

The main issue was that if you stack defense and leave little to no offense, you won't be able to push people back down when they get close to you. Basically all you can do is generate gold and get picked on.

Shannow

Staff member
Woo boy, I chaged up a few things on friday, and ended up getting my ass handed to me over the weekend. Yeah, not doing that again. Damn you Shakey!

Shannow

Staff member
Tried something out, thought I would see if it would sneak through. But alas, the attacks kept coming.

I've just been picking away at those around me. Just ask poor North Ranger. He has no money but that doesn't stop me. :p

Shannow

Staff member
Well, according to S.o.D. Rummy, we should be back up to some semblance of a defense. I hope he is right.

J

JCM

BTW, how many spies does it take to %$%#@ spy on mr_thehun, AAARGH!
If you want to spy on mr_thehun, I think I just killed the rest of his spies. It wasn't that many, did you already manage?[/QUOTE]Jesus!!!

I bow before your spies, I lost 100 just trying to spy you.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

I was destroyed until I was on the bottom of the list, while I still had hundreds of soldiers at the start of the day, in the end it was 62. Just by repeated attacks from the same person. Sigh. I thought I actually got somewhere too after days of 'hard work'. :/

Now I make no money (150g per 10 turns suck), I can't attack anyone (or lose even more soldiers even when it will let me attack), and every gold I get will net me an increase in defense / offense that is so marginally low compared to everyone else; I forfeit. It's pointless.

50% of the admin team just quit, heh. (Is there even a point to having teams? There seems to be no gain from it in any way?) Don't answer that.
I´ll join the admins, if you want to.

Anyway, I went through that... it sucked, for a week I logged on every 5 hours or so, and spent all the income on low-level armor, and it went on for like forever to upgrade up to Wizard tower and get a good enough defense/income

J

JCM

I took me until last week to get over a thousand troops, and thanks to a raid by drifter, its gonna take yet another week. How the hell did he get his offense in one day to over a 100,000 I´ll never know.

Shannow

Staff member
probably has been upgrading, but not buying armory. then jsut went out and bought shit at the armory all day. how i did defense, and it worked. got it to 90k plus in under 2 days after the last upgrade left me nothing

Shannow

Staff member
i knew I shouldnt have changed up. slowed my process down and left me open for too long. Drifter now attacks at will, and has over 200k attack against me, keeping me down when I build enoguh troops to get in range of him.

Ha! I may have taken a hit doing it, but 2 out of 3 of my attacks against Drifter were successful. Even though I had a good 800 less troops than he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.