Completely Uninteresting Relationship Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rathkor

Well, I did it. It wasnt easy, because two of my friends were busy playing cock blocker on me. but she asked me to walk her home, since it was late and she was afraid to go alone. along the way, we talked about it. The answer I got was that she wasnt really looking to date anyone right now, and she looked genuinly hurt to have to turn me down. She did tell me I might have a shot when she does decide to start dating.

genuine or a polite fuck you? take that as you will. i sure as hell don't know. but i guess at least i did it.

Good job, man. It may not have been the result you wanted, but you won't have to wonder. And hey, who knows what the future will bring?

Just don't drown your sorrows with someone else. I'm sure you know that, but some things are worth saying explicitly, and it sounds like you really like her a lot. When you're down, a rebound can disguise itself as moving on.

R

rathkor

so whens this feeling of satisfation supposed to kick in? cuz right now im just bummed about the rejection and simultaneously taking solace in the fact that she said it wasnt totally hopeless and planning my next move, adding stress and worry to the emotional concoction.

R

rathkor

except asking someone else out would only repeat the cycle. always seems to happen. just sayin

C

Chibibar

This is how I see it.
She said you might have a shot when she does want to start dating. That is pretty good. So she is not ready to date right now (it does happen) You can still be her friend like always, but also don't let it bum you out.
That is the whole point of dating. To find a person to match you. It is not an easy quest. It can be long and hard, but that is what life is all about. I say, try to not let it bum you. It is a probability. It is like winning a lottery except when you do find your someone, it is worth it :) trust me.
I had at least dozen (if not more) heart broken before I found my wife.
If I gave up from the 1st heart break, I would not have found my wife :)

except asking someone else out would only repeat the cycle. always seems to happen. just sayin
If you're going to have the attitude of a loser, why would anyone want to date you? Either pick yourself up and move on, or give up and shut up. Either way, whining isn't going to win you any dates.

Null is right. You may not realize it now, but you are wiser and stronger for having done this. Sure, it didn't work out... this time. Eventually it will, though. Don't set yourself up for defeat beforehand and you'll be fine.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
- Thoedore Roosevelt

Why the fuck does travelling is counted among drug use, smoking and what i'm hoping is unprotected sex which led to some sort of disease (otherwise it shouldn't be there either).

Reminds me of a quote I heard recently:

"I am less interested in living as long as I can as I am in living as well as I can." -JM Lust

These are the same people that worry I'm going to be executed on the street because I live in China and think that he got cancer because he isn't Christian. I dislike this side of my family.
So as expected... idiots.

Reminds me of a quote I heard recently:

"I am less interested in living as long as I can as I am in living as well as I can." -JM Lust
I bet he'd be singing a different tune if he was immortal...

Necronic

Staff member
I bet he'd be singing a different tune if he was immortal...
Who said he wasn't? Too bad there can be only one....

HERE WE ARE! WE'RE THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE!

Anywho....

Yeah, dude, sucks to get shot down but nut up or STFU. You walked up to the plate, and you may have struck out but at least you went to the plate. Now you now how well you swung. Learn from it and do it again. And again. And again.

R

rathkor

my....charm? i'm screwed. lol got plenty of devil may care attitude though. hmm...

You will ask out more women than you will ever date. Don't get emotionally invested in a person until after you have been on a couple of dates. If you go to ask out a girl after you have already picked out your china patterns before you ever talk to her, you will have no chance.

Just keep running on that old treadmill until you can find the woman that wants to be with you, and that you want to be with.

C

Chibibar

You will ask out more women than you will ever date. Don't get emotionally invested in a person until after you have been on a couple of dates. If you go to ask out a girl after you have already picked out your china patterns before you ever talk to her, you will have no chance.

Just keep running on that old treadmill until you can find the woman that wants to be with you, and that you want to be with.
AGREE! Do you know why some people have a hard time finding a mate? cause they place restriction on themselves!! (that is what I believe) Who cares if you think you don't have a shot asking a girl out. Ask her! if she said no, then move on and ask someone else! Never think anyone is out of your league. You be surprise on who might date you. something you just have to come out and ask!

AGREE! Do you know why some people have a hard time finding a mate? cause they place restriction on themselves!! (that is what I believe) Who cares if you think you don't have a shot asking a girl out. Ask her! if she said no, then move on and ask someone else! Never think anyone is out of your league. You be surprise on who might date you. something you just have to come out and ask!
This is why Shakira has a restraining order against me.

What was the start of all this? When did the cogs of fate begin to turn? Perhaps it is impossible to grasp that answer now, from deep within the flow of time.

But, for a certainty, back then, we loved so many, yet hated so much, we hurt others and were hurt ourselves. Yet even then, we ran like the wind, whilst our laughter echoed, under cerulean skies.

Status
Not open for further replies.